πŸ“° A Friend in Need

load previous
May 5, 2022 12:53 pm
"That would work, but announce our presence directly" Jodelle put her hands on her lock picks and tests the gate if it is open.
OOC:
Rolling for in case it is locked and there is a clear visible lock

Rolls

Jodelle: Thieves Tools - (1d20+5)

(14) + 5 = 19

May 5, 2022 4:38 pm
"Got That Open?" Vincent Whispers and moves prepares to slowly open the door.
OOC:
I believe we're headed in unless the door is giving us any trouble.

Trouble

Adam

May 6, 2022 5:32 am
The outside gate swings open. Jodelle's nimble fingers work the lock at the front. Picks pick, tumblers tumble, shear lines shear, and the lock unlocks.

Peeking inside reveals blood. A lot of blood. You know that old joke about newspapers being black and white and red all over? There's enough red in here to keep even Volo happy.

There was undoubtedly a fight of some description. Tables and chairs lie smashed and tossed across the floor. The corpses of a dozen men lie along the walls, their rapiers and daggers lying nearby. On the north side of the area, stairs rise to an open level above.

Three short, avian creatures with long beaks and black feathers creep around the room with bloody swords drawn. They check inside boxes and crates, obviously searching for something.

Trouble
May 6, 2022 11:58 am
"THE BLACK VIPER IS A CROW MEN'
Vincent quickly scribbles down drawing their faces and the symbol that was seen on the door, then he quickly writes down a few basic details about the warehouse
1: it's location.
2: current occupants upon entry.
3: number of dead men.

then he puts his notes away, "Do We Approach them?" Vincent asks "I feel like that's the best way to get information."
May 6, 2022 12:07 pm
Jodelle shrugs.

"You can just go ask a few questions, no harm done. Right?"

Although the dead people all around them makes her nervous.

"And just maybe I can take a peek at the cargo when they are distracted.
May 6, 2022 2:47 pm
"Is that our plan?" Fynn whispers. "We're going to try to interview the shady bird creatures poking around a murder scene with their BLOOD-COVERED SWORDS out? I know I'm new to this job, but personally, I think we should try to avoid being noticed for now."

Fynn surveys the avians, looking for any gang markings or other indicators of where they're from or who they might work for.

Rolls

Fynnhorn: Insight - (1d20+3)

(9) + 3 = 12

May 6, 2022 2:51 pm
Jodelle shrugs again

"I'm a culinary reporter, not a crime journalist"

Still, she can't help but notice her hands are on both her short swords.
May 6, 2022 3:02 pm
"Didn't you fight a dragon... or was that Fynnhorn Smith?" Vincent mutters under his breath, "these are just a couple of already injured birds" with that he he steps forwards into the open he tries to hold his pike in such a way that it doesn't seem so much like a weapon, even a knife with an extra long handle might scare these folks but it's nearly imposible.

"Hello, Feathered combatants, may I ask what events transpired within this storehouse, clearly their was some reason to dispatch of that riffraff but what exactly where those conditions?"
May 6, 2022 3:04 pm
https://i.imgur.com/2ic07TG.pngAs they move through the room, Fynnhorn catches sight of a beak tattoo. A circle with ten lines radiating away - a Xanathar gang tattoo.
OOC:
Although Waterdeep is a city of laws, the point about outlaws is they are without the protection of the law.

Whilst it's true that the Code Legal doesn't make gang affiliation illegal. Wandering around literally red-handed does allow you to perform a citizen's arrest with extreme prejudice. It is still D&D, after all!

Kenku

Adam

May 6, 2022 3:12 pm
KoldikSteelskin says:
"Hello, Feathered combatants, may I ask what events transpired within this storehouse, clearly their was some reason to dispatch of that riffraff but what exactly where those conditions?"
OOC:
Oh, we are so rolling initiative.
The Kenku turns to the halfling and growls with a deep orcish accent "Hasta-la-vista baby!".

They take a firm grip on their swords, hunch their shoulders, and prepare to murder the halfling.

Kenku

Rolls

Patience: Initiative: - (1d20+3)

(13) + 3 = 16

Jodelle: Initiative: - (1d20+3)

(8) + 3 = 11

Vincent Paperwood: Initiative: - (1d20+1)

(5) + 1 = 6

Fynnhorn: Initiative: - (1d20+3)

(10) + 3 = 13

Kenku: Initiative - (1d20+3)

(18) + 3 = 21

May 6, 2022 3:16 pm
OOC:
Don't feel like you have to save Vincent's life he is a horrible person ;)

Lot's of fun to play though, just to be clear.
Last edited May 6, 2022 3:17 pm

Trouble

Adam

May 6, 2022 3:17 pm
The kenku rush forwards but are hampered by the barrels. Another emerges from around the corner.

One reaches Vinnie and in a thin, nasally voice says "Say hello to my little friend." and thrusts its shortsword at our favourite pint-sized reported.
OOC:
Vinnie - 5 points of damage.
Your actions.

Trouble

Rolls

To hit Vinnie: AC12 - (1d20+5)

(19) + 5 = 24

Damage on Vinnie - (1d6+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

May 6, 2022 3:22 pm
KoldikSteelskin says:
OOC:
Don't feel like you have to save Vincent's life he is a horrible person ;)

Lot's of fun to play though, just to be clear.
OOC:
I murder PCs all the time. It's part of the game, right? But only one could reach Vinnie this turn.
May 6, 2022 4:00 pm
"Preposterous! I'd have assumed that if you wanted to kill me I'd be dead!" Vinnie lets out a chuckle, "But No! Even The Black Viper Can't Kill Me!"
OOC:
Action: Lance Attack H19
Bonus: Rage
Movement: None
[ +- ] Rage 1/2

Rolls

Vincent Paperwood: Lance - Attack - (1d20+4)

(19) + 4 = 23

Vincent Paperwood: Lance - Damage - (1d12+4)

(10) + 4 = 14

Trouble

Adam

May 6, 2022 4:08 pm
Vinnie spikes the Kenku like it was a bad story.

Blood bubbles from its beak as it growls orcishly "I'll be back". I don't think it will though.
OOC:
Patience, Jodelle, and Fynnhorn to act.

Trouble
May 7, 2022 7:45 am
Patience bursts in and comes to Vincent's aid, with heavy strong hands, he pushes his way in and makes his presence known, issuing a few blows in the process.

"We don't need to fight, Lay down your arms and I'm sure we can come to a common understanding. We just want to ask some questions after all"
OOC:

Action: Attack I19 Shortsword
Bonus: Attack I19 Fist
Movement: H20 (~10ft)
Last edited May 7, 2022 7:48 am

Rolls

Shortsword - (1d20+5)

(4) + 5 = 9

Shortsword Damage (if hit) - (1d6+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

Punch - (1d20+5)

(12) + 5 = 17

Punch Damage (if hit) - (1d4+3)

(1) + 3 = 4

Xanathar Kenku

Adam

May 7, 2022 9:38 am
OOC:
Updating map. I20 is as dead as a kebab.

Jodelle and Fynnhorn to act.

To aid narration, they're AC13/HP13.

Xanathar Kenku
May 7, 2022 10:00 am
Jodelle rushes in, drawing a short sword as she does. She has her eye on the birdman by the stairs.

She makes a run for it, giving a stab as the creature which Patience is fighthing.
OOC:

Q1: calculating diagonal movement with the 5/10/5/10 system. I assume that is ok?
Q2: not sure, do we flank? avoiding it now by going to I18 instead of H18

Free action: draw short sword MH
Move: I18 (25)
Action: attack H19

Rolls

Jodelle: Short Sword - Attack - (1d20+5)

(8) + 5 = 13

Jodelle: Short Sword - Damage (if hit) - (1d6+3)

(4) + 3 = 7

Jodelle: Sneak Attack (if hit, due to Patience in 5ft of target) - (1d6)

(6) = 6

May 7, 2022 10:02 am
Running her blade quickly through the Kenku, Jodelle dashes forward.
OOC:

Move: J18 (5)
Bonus action: cunning dash
Move: M13 (30)
Last edited May 7, 2022 10:04 am

Xanathar Kenku

Adam

May 7, 2022 10:24 am
The kenku manages to get out an orc-sounding "I'm too old for this sh.." before Jodelle whizzes past and ends its life.
OOC:
Pythagoras who? I count diagonals as 5' too (for movement and range). I don't use flanking rules in PBP. I do this to make things easier for PBP.

Updating map.

Fynnhorn to act.

To aid narration, they're AC13/HP13.

Xanathar Kenku
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.