Chat

Jun 3, 2022 3:02 pm
Talk amongst yourselves and/or post questions to the DM here. I would like to keep the story board OOC limited to clarification of intent.
Jun 6, 2022 1:29 am
Introduce yourself and your characters.
Jun 8, 2022 1:43 am
Hi! I`m Artur, a 28 y.o Brazilian electrical engineer who loves to play D&D in his free time. I hope we create a good story with drama, fun, and situations.
I'm playing as Wilbar Wilbar Togglepot, a male gnome rogue 1 / fighter 4 explorer who seeks to understand the power of luck and how to dominate a small part of it.
Jun 8, 2022 3:20 am
Welcome to the game fellow EE. I have been playing since my brother introduced me to it back in the AD&D days. We will start up next week so try and have your character ready by then.
Jun 8, 2022 2:40 pm
My character sheet is ready on D&D Beyond. Just need to copy it here. I choose as an uncommon magical item the Bracers of Archery if it's ok.
Here's the link:
https://ddb.ac/characters/75570836/Nv50Vm
Jun 8, 2022 2:49 pm
Looks good, bracers are fine
Jun 9, 2022 1:08 pm
Hey, I’m Aus. I’m an American, and I’m excited for the game. I’m still getting used to Gamersplane, so bare with me. My characters are Jax Pridemane, a level 5 leonin fighter, and Klim Tog, a level 5 human wizard. I have two characters due to some player issues during the previous iteration of this story. Jax is confident and battle-hungry, Klim is sarcastic and prudent. Hopefully they’ll add to the group dynamic.
Jun 10, 2022 2:53 am
Added a custom character template that is editable on the same screen to the character creation section.
Jun 10, 2022 1:45 pm
Just a heads up, character sheets are only viewable by the player and DM unless made public by adding them to your library (in the all characters setting page)
Jun 12, 2022 3:49 am
Hello! I go by Tim in these here online forums. I'm an old gamer (turning the big 5-0 this year), and been playing D&D since the "Expert Set" blue box days. I live in the U.S. on the east coast, where I work with scientists helping them write proposals to get research money from the government. In the real world, I usually end up having to be the DM most of the time, so I come here to get more chances to play characters.

I don't have my character fleshed out yet, but I'd really like to play an Artificer. I got the chance to play one for a few session in a face-to-face game, and enjoyed it a lot, but then the DM had to quit.

@Psybermagi: Is it ok to play an Artificer from TCoE? I know it's official now, but just want to make sure.
Jun 12, 2022 4:01 am
Artificer is fine. They commonly originate from the Divine Nations (see World page for details). There is a high level NPC artificer in game
Jun 12, 2022 2:57 pm
We have 4 players and I will start the game in Chapter 1. Feel free to join in as soon as your character is done but we wont worry about much till everyone is ready. There are 3 newcomers and 1 player who migrated with me and this game from another PbP platform/site. Newcomers can explore the setting and get to know each other and the veteran @Ausmaster1000
Jun 12, 2022 10:00 pm
Another character creation question: When an armorer artificer has their armor in Guardian mode, each gauntlet "counts as a simple melee weapon while you aren't holding anything in it". As DM, do you consider each gauntlet to be a "weapon held in one hand" for the purposes of two-weapon fighting and the dual wielder feat? Or do consider them not to be "held", and thus by RAW the dual wielder feat and two-weapon fighting do not work with them?
Jun 13, 2022 2:22 am
Thunder Gauntlets are simple weapons yes. I will allow them used for offhand attack. The Lightning launcher is singular so no dual action there
Jun 13, 2022 3:24 am
I have submitted my character. I still need to finish up his gear and hit points, but everything else should be ready to check over. His name is Marwin Goldenriddle, and he is a gnome Artificer (Armorer). I resisted the urge to name him "Gnomey Stark". For background, I chose "Urban Bounty Hunter" from the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide. I'm thinking that maybe he is from the Divine Land, but didn't really fit in there (not all that into the Gods - just into tinkering with his gadgets). At some point he migrated to the Shattered Land, and wound up using his skills to track down ne'er-do-wells for the local authorities. Not what he wants to do his whole life, but it paid the bills. Now he's ready for something different.

Magic Items for Approval:
* Uncommon: Mithril Armor (Plate Armor)
* Common: Instead of a common magic item, could I have a 100-gp gem to use as the "heart" for my Homunculus Servant infusion? Or maybe it's something else that's not worth 100-gp to anyone else, but can be used for a homunculus heart?
Jun 13, 2022 1:06 pm
Hi everyone. I’m Laura. Nice to meet you. I’ve never roleplayed before but my uncle gave me some books and I really want to try.

I think I’d like to be an elf cleric from the wild lands. I read Psybermagi description (awesome btw) and I think it would be fun to be like a cleric of some nature god who my cleric thinks really started everything to reset nature and the world to make it better again. So she goes around trying to show people that the world is beautiful and is healing itself to make a paradise.

Would that work? If not I will think of something different.
Jun 13, 2022 1:44 pm
Say Hey. I'm Gene for gaming. :) ...

I'm an ancient gamer and glad to be aboard. Gaming is my social life and I'm in Peoria, ILL. I principally like to play 3.5, Pathfinder, and 5e now. I do dab in the older stuff too. I'm a rather frequent poster. Winks. And I have DM for the GM here before, but never been a player for him.

I haven't yet put my creative urges out to create something. Taken in the many sections of reading first. LOL. That takes a bit. Be on top soon.
Jun 13, 2022 1:55 pm
Note : The setting is a backdrop of the world. If it doesn't match your character idea then color outside the lines.
However your character will then be a minority and may lack some social experiences and knowledge
Jun 13, 2022 2:08 pm
I run this setting IRL and this is a continuation of another game I ran PbP. I have a good idea of how I want the setting and game to work but if you see anything that doesn't seem to fit it make sense point it out and I will work to clarify or change it to flow better.
I go by the principle that "It doesn't hurt to ask" so for general questions on setting it how I run the game post on the Ask the DM thread or in the player subforum on your individual subforum.
Jun 13, 2022 2:45 pm
@Psybermagi - I have some questions about setting details that I was going to post in the "Ask the DM" forum, but I don't seem to have permission to post there. Can you check the permissions on that forum? Unless you want me to just post them here.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.