Chat

load previous
Feb 26, 2024 1:09 am
Hoping that Blindsight can percieve hidden creatures not behind full cover. I got this from the house rules. If the vampire is hiding in "plain" sight I would imagine that I could? Just hoping for some clarification before the next encounger

House Rules on Blindsight:

A monster with blindsight can perceive its surroundings without relying on sight, within a specific radius.
I will be using Blind sight similar to darkvision in that perception is at a disadvantage and things are lightly obscured so no details.
It can not penetrate full cover but otherwise fills the area within their range allowing movement, combat, and detection of hidden creatures.
Feb 26, 2024 1:49 am
True : Blindsight can see invisible creatures not behind cover.

This creature can "hide in while being observed". I am interpreting that as essentially it always having cover so it can hide if it makes its skill roll. As both sight and sound as both are already things that can be circumvented by stealth, with cover, it can hide from all forms of those senses.

Jax scent is not a targeting sense and hiding your scent is a very different thing. Its ability says nothing about not being able to track it so I am ruling that Jax can sniff it. With his passive he will easily scent it if it move or stops adjacent to him. Other than that Jax will mostly be able to scent were it was ans how long ago it was there with a perception check.

If anyone has better understanding and can point me to mechanics on scent/smell I would appreciate.
Feb 26, 2024 2:15 am
I was thinking it was less Hiding more switching planes.
Feb 26, 2024 2:31 am
I’ve not seen any mechanics on scent/smell might have to homebrew something. I can see it opening up a lot of creative uses.
Feb 26, 2024 3:06 am
I've seen plenty of monsters that can hide as a bonus action while in dim light or darkness, but never one that can "hide in while being observed". Seems a bit clunky to me. I would imagine something like "the creature can hide as a bonus action without cover and is considered to be invisible to anyone with a lower passive perception than the stealth role until it attacks or casts a spell" would make more sense for 5e. Stealth rules are already too vague and DM reliant to run
Feb 26, 2024 3:11 am
I will point out that Ironmonger42 actually touched on a key point. Most, if not all, special abilities like this have some requirements. Since he brought it up I suggest you thing about that conditions might have been required for this creatures abilities. . . It has a counter. That's all you get
Feb 26, 2024 3:18 am
The counter is if some yells Marco! It has to yell Polo!
Feb 26, 2024 12:55 pm
Smiley says:
The counter is if some yells Marco! It has to yell Polo!
Hahaha, good one

A common weakness might be it can't do it in bright light, but I know the fog here is weird so not sure how we do that
Feb 26, 2024 1:01 pm
Good guess! Might be worth going with for a time.
Feb 27, 2024 12:37 pm
The campain has been fun to run but I need a break from it. I will be pausing or possibly closign this campaign at the finish of the Cemetery.
Feb 27, 2024 1:11 pm
I understand. This can be a lot, and It seems this was going on for awhile before I joined
Feb 27, 2024 1:18 pm
Well I’m sorry to see hear that the campaign might be winding down, as I have found it to be the most enjoyable that I have been part of here on GP, auto corrections aside! I can tell you put a lot of yourself into it, from the story to the mechanics and I feel we have barely scratched the surface of your original intentions. There have been lots of days that my day started checking for the latest posts, and I really hope that you continue on. Regardless, you have established a gold standard. Thanks for running a great campaign!
Feb 27, 2024 1:30 pm
That is very disappointing, but I understand. You need to do what is best for you.
You are a very good DM, Very well organized and know how to make things difficult.
I have found the last 4 months to be very fun. I too, have been checking daily just to see updates for this game.
Thank you for everything so far. You have taught me a lot on how to use Gamers Plane to its fullest.
With your upgraded Cantrips, I wasn't sure if you had ever seen Evolving Cantrips before.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R1BhBtKxTHR4WfsIkX5nKnXgkCj9CeXa/view
I have always wanted to use them in a campaign, but I worry about the extra bookkeeping and players remembering about it.
Last edited February 27, 2024 1:31 pm
Feb 27, 2024 2:01 pm
This game has been great, and I can't thank you enough for running it! That said... whether you just take a break or decide to hang it up completely, you have to do what's best for you.
Feb 27, 2024 2:16 pm
Quote:
Evolving Cantrips before.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R1BhBtKxTHR4WfsIkX5nKnXgkCj9CeXa/view
that's great thanks!
I always thought cantrip should be more versatile and was annoyed their growth focused solely on damage.

Anyway I am sure it is clear there are 2 more mid tier boss fights then a climatic boss fight. And you're still on the clock but the destruction of the rituals slows that down reach time . . .
Feb 27, 2024 7:54 pm
bottom line - can still TPK before end of the game LOL.

Seriously, it's been remarkable, indeed. Hope for an epic ending.
Mar 4, 2024 5:59 pm
If we still have lots of time it would probably be wise to head back to camp. Heal up and buy lots of supplies. Healing potions etc and drop off that heart with the priests?
Mar 4, 2024 6:00 pm
How far away is camp? An hour?
Mar 4, 2024 6:30 pm
I believe so
Mar 5, 2024 2:40 pm
Sounds about right, yeah.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.