Chapter 16 - X marks the Spot

load previous
Jul 4, 2022 3:41 pm
Johnny sees that the back board of a bookcase looks sturdy enough and seems the right size for that window. He points it to the other Hunters, should be easy to quickly loosen it from the bookcase structure, only kept in place by small nails.
OOC:

Round 1/3 - Successes 1/8

still to roll:
-Logan
-Al
-Johnny
Jul 4, 2022 5:38 pm
Logan moves to where Johnny pointed and begins working on the back board.

Rolls

Strength, Wild - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

1d6 : (5) = 5

1d6 : (63) = 9

Jul 4, 2022 6:35 pm
Al helps Logan tear it off, not caring about leaving it fully intact at the edges, as long as it'll still cover the window.

Rolls

Strength - (1d4, 1d6, RA)

1d4 : (3) = 3

1d6 : (1) = 1

Jul 4, 2022 6:50 pm
Logan pulls the back board of the bookcase loose, not caring for splinters or nails.
He manages to push it against the window with Al's help just as the glass of the window shatters under the pressure of the frenzied crows!

Both Hunters start pushing against it to resist the birds. They can feel the hard hits and thumps on the other side of the board.

Eddard Linderman
Eddard glances at the Hunters blocking the window. The tattoo on one of his arms starts to take shape. Droplets of blood filter through his skin, wiped by Melissa as she works. "Keep them out, people!! "

OOC:

Logan gets 2 successes, making up for Al's unlucky roll. A new round begins.

Round 2/3 - Successes 3/8

still to roll:
-Logan
-Al
-Johnny
Jul 4, 2022 7:01 pm
"Ripper!", Al shouts as she leans against the board with her full body weight. "You have to scare the evil birds off. Bark as loud as you can!"

Rolls

1d4 : (41) = 5

1d6 : (2) = 2

Jul 4, 2022 8:01 pm
Johnny shakes off his boot and uses it like a makeshift hammer to drive the nails from the back of the bookcase into the window frame while the others hold it steady against the crows' assault.
OOC:
I'll usexa Bennie for a re-roll.
Last edited July 4, 2022 8:03 pm

Rolls

1d4 : (2) = 2

1d6 : (3) = 3

Jul 4, 2022 10:53 pm
The board shakes and vibrates at each bird impact, but holds fast, kept in place by Al and Johnny.

OOC:

Round 2/3 - Successes 5/8

still to roll:
-Logan
-Al
-Johnny

Jack the Ripper

Dr_B

Jul 4, 2022 11:10 pm
Jack the Ripper
Ripper looks between Alana and the window block, whimpering in confusion. She looks quite scared by the loud thumps coming from outside, and she can pick up the tension in the room.
Jul 4, 2022 11:10 pm
Logan places his back against the board and braces his feet. Wincing at each impact from the birds, he look over at Eddard and his friend. Hurry up! This won't last forever.

Rolls

Jul 4, 2022 11:14 pm
Melissa - Tattoo Artist
"Trying my best, here!" she replies, annoyed, attacking Eddard's other arm. One tattoo is fully finished, still reddened and bleeding some.

OOC:
final round!
Round 3/3 - Successes 6/8

still to roll:
-Logan
-Al
-Johnny
Jul 5, 2022 4:07 am
OOC:
Are we still making Strength checks?
Jul 5, 2022 5:24 am
OOC:
I think so
"Good puppy!", Al calls to Ripper. "Don't worry. Everything will be fine!"

Rolls

Jul 5, 2022 5:24 am
OOC:
I'll wait for the others' rolls first but if necessary, I'll spend a Benny to reroll
Jul 5, 2022 5:29 am
Logan doesn't say much as he concentrates on holding the backboard up. Definitely going to have some bruises in the morning.

Rolls

Jul 5, 2022 10:24 am
Johnny frantically swings his boot- hammer as he watches the board barely keep the murderous flock at bay.
OOC:
one more Bennie burned
Last edited July 5, 2022 10:26 am

Rolls

Jul 5, 2022 10:53 am
OOC:
Looks like we need my Benny as well

Rolls

1d4 : (42) = 6

Jul 5, 2022 4:33 pm
The Hunters' joint efforts work, and the board resists the attempts of the birds outside. They keep thumping on the wood, but now with Johnny's nails in the window frame it is a bit easier to hold the board in place.
After a few minutes, the attacks seem to decrease in intensity, and eventually stop.
OOC:
All good, you reached the 8 successes required in time.
Melissa - Tattoo Artist
Melissa gives a last dab to Eddard's second arm, then starts sterilizing her needles. "So... who's next?"

Eddard Linderman
"Get ready Melissa, but let's test if this worked first... " he says wearing his motorcycle helmet and his leather jacket.

He turns to the Hunters, "Wish me luck, folks," then he rushes downstairs and towards the front door.

The Hunters spy him from the top of the staircase, as he steels himself and walks out of the front door, closing it quickly behind him...
[ +- ] ...

Eddard Linderman

Dr_B

Jul 6, 2022 2:15 pm
Eddard Linderman
Eddard hastens to get back inside, careful not to let any birds in. The birds on the porch simply get out of his way without noticing him.

Once inside, he removes his helmet and climbs upstairs. He enters the Monster HQ grinning from ear to ear. "What do you know... it works! The birds didn't even know I was there. That Ramon really knew his stuff..."

He notices no-one is being tattooed at the moment. "What are you waiting for?? Get a move on, guys!"
Jul 6, 2022 2:21 pm
"I can't," Al says seriously. "My parents are going to kill me and take Ripper away. We have to find another way. There has to be something else. I mean, who came up with that tattoo idea? We need to find out and they can tell us more. Some other solution."
Jul 6, 2022 2:28 pm
Eddard Linderman
"Better if your parents kill you than if Solomon does!!" He looks at the others, "What about you? Johnny? Logan?? And... where is this hidden thing you found? What was in it?"

Melissa - Tattoo Artist
"I don't have all day, people..." she says, her needle pen ready.
load next

Thread locked