Chapter 16 - X marks the Spot

load previous
Jul 6, 2022 3:17 pm
"Well, I'd rather give Solomon his stupid fulcrum thingy than let my parents take Ripper away from me!"

Eddard Linderman

Dr_B

Jul 6, 2022 3:48 pm
Eddard Linderman
"Wh...What fulcrum thingy??"
Jul 6, 2022 3:49 pm
"The thingy that gives him his power," Al says. "The whole reason he's attacking us. Try to keep up!"
Jul 6, 2022 4:25 pm
Hey, um, who has it right now? Johnny sudden realized. With the birds trying to get in, I can't remember where we put it...
OOC:
Are the birds continuing to attack or has that settled down or is the board against the window just keeping them at bay?
Jul 6, 2022 4:30 pm
"I hid it in the bag over there," Al points out.
Jul 6, 2022 6:02 pm
OOC:
the birds keep attacking. The board makes it easier to keep them outside, but you still have to hold the board for safety, as the nails are not very sturdy.
Jul 7, 2022 5:05 am
OOC:
How much trouble is Logan looking at for getting the tattoo?
OOC:
Didn't the fulcrum get hidden upstairs?
Jul 7, 2022 5:29 am
OOC:
We are upstairs, aren't we? Still holding the board in place
Jul 7, 2022 6:02 am
OOC:
I ran downstairs with the slingshot when Eddard got there. We never went back up, so I figured all of you came down.
Last edited July 7, 2022 6:02 am
Jul 7, 2022 6:12 am
OOC:
I thought we were all upstairs in the monster HQ and not just doing the tattooing downstairs in the hallway.
Jul 7, 2022 6:12 am
OOC:
I just figured you came back up. That makes the most sense.
Dr_B says:
A confused Anna is left to deal with their Grandmother and to try calm her down, as the rest of the Hunters lead Eddard and Melissa upstairs in the Monster HQ.
Birds follow their ascent from outside, peeking through any window along the house stairwell, until they get out of their sight in Logan’s HQ.
Last edited July 7, 2022 6:14 am
Jul 7, 2022 6:13 am
OOC:
Everyone is in the attic now, including Eddard. Logan hid Ramon's bag and contents in the Monster HQ

As for the tattoo, Logan can try keeping it hidden, and if discovered we'll see.
Jul 7, 2022 6:16 am
Quote:
OOC:
Logan hid Ramon's bag and contents in the Monster HQ
OOC:
Al did that
bowlofspinach says:
As soon as the commotion downstairs begins, Al puts the fulcrum thing back in the bag and hides it somewhere between Logan's stuff. Better Solomon doesn't know for sure yet that they have it.
Jul 7, 2022 6:19 am
Give me the tattoo before I change my mind. Logan says as he sits down at the table.

Looking around at the others, Logan shakes his head. We're not giving the fulcrum to Solomon. Ramon never did it, so we're not doing it either. If that's an idea you're thinking about...well you know where the door is.
Jul 7, 2022 6:31 am
"It's not like I want to give it to him! But it's easy for you to say! My parents already think I'm crazy and want to take Ripper away from me." She picks up her puppy and hugs her. Ripper doesn't understand the situation but notices that Al is upset so she begins licking her face. "I don't want to give Solomon the thing but if you won't even help me try and look for other solutions, then the only other choice I have is to get the tattoos and run away from home and never come back." She sniffs and quickly wipes some tears from her eyes. "And that's really really scary."
OOC:
I'm not trying to be a "that's what my character would do" type player here, but I just see absolutely no way that Al would get the tattoo. There has to be some other way they can figure out with more investigation
Jul 7, 2022 6:36 am
I get you're upset, don't worry about the tattoo now. Remember, Ramon did this by himself. So maybe a couple of us get the tattoo and we figure a way out and past the birds. Then once that's done we can do more research on Solomon.
OOC:
I get it, if Al doesn't want to get the tattoo, she shouldn't have to get it. No worries.
Jul 7, 2022 1:24 pm
Johnny watched the emotionally charged banter between the other two Monster Hunters before speaking, Okay, look, I'll get the tattoo and keep the fulcrum.. He paused, a bit of weariness to his voice, You two have families that'll get way more upset over you getting a tattoo than I do... I mean, my Aunts will be super mad but not like your parents would.
So just let me get it and deal with my Aunts and the fulcrum; you two get to stay clear of the fallout. It's the only solution that makes sense and doesn't get Alana committed and Logan grounded for life.

To seal the deal, he flops his arm down on the table in front of Melissa, Let's do this....
Jul 7, 2022 9:12 pm
Logan looks over at Johnny and nods his head respectfully. Fair enough, but if you're getting the tattoo...then I'm keeping the fulcrum. Remember Solomon doesn't know we found it, so it's best if we keep it hidden. If he could sense where it is, he wouldn't need us to get it. So it's safe right now.
Jul 8, 2022 4:07 am
"But one of us getting the tattoo won't stop the birds. As long as he can get to us, he'll keep at it," Al says. "That's why we need to keep looking for other solutions."
Jul 8, 2022 7:02 am
Melissa - Tattoo Artist
Melissa starts disinfecting Johnny's arm and is soon at work on the tattoo, the sharp needle piercing his skin with its sharp bite.

Eddard Linderman
"Show me what you found... What the heck does this fulcrum look like?" he asks in frustration.
OOC:
we will say the Hunters have found a way to better block the window, by putting a heavy bookcase against the board.
load next

Thread locked