Hm... seems like you're using IE. Can I suggest a better browser, such as Firefox, Chrome or Opera? There are other choices too.

If you wanna stick with IE, or can't switch, I'll warn you right now, while most of this site should work with IE, stuff might come up buggy, so you might not enjoy it as much...

1.3 - The Escort Job

Jul 11, 2016 4:07 pm
It's back there, he jerks a thumb in response.

Bring the vehicle in, we'll load it up, he says curtly.
Jul 11, 2016 4:44 pm
Breecha's optics sweep across what can be seen through the slightly-open warehouse door.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

( 17 ) + 3 = 20

Jul 11, 2016 4:52 pm
Mack sighs quietly and does an about-face, heading towards the van. "I'll bring 'er in." He heads back to the van, gets it started and heads into the warehouse, assuming nothing goes awry.
Last edited July 11, 2016 4:53 pm, a total of 1 time
Jul 11, 2016 5:40 pm
"So...what's the cargo? Or is it a big box of Don't Ask?"

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+1)

( 3 ) + 1 = 4

Jul 11, 2016 6:04 pm
PhantomNimbus sent a note to CancerMan
Grem watches Mack pull the van up to the warehouse and looks over to Kessel, he eyes you up and down again. You hit it right on the head, he grunts as he walks over to pull the warehouse door open further.

Inside the warehouse you see a metal crate inside, roughly 5 foot by 5 foot. It seems to have a digital lock on it and you can't see what else might be inside. As you pull the van back up to it it takes most of the 10 dwarves inside to hoist the thing up and into the van which sags a little bit with the new cargo.

Grem turns to you, and with as much verbosity as he has shown so far he grunts out, You know where to drop it?
Jul 12, 2016 12:03 am
Mack sticks his head out the window and comments, "That thing is heavier than Breech!" He suspects that the van, which really could use a moniker of some sort, is going to drive like a brick with 2 wheels if he's lucky at this point. "I think we got the destination -- but let's confirm it, to make sure we don't fluff the delivery, shall we?"

Separately under his breath, "PN? What's the destination on record for this thing? Or are we not keeping records?"
Last edited July 12, 2016 12:04 am, a total of 1 time
Jul 14, 2016 1:11 pm
Corril follows the van slowly, flanking it with his bike in a soft purring sound. No need to be noisy now. He also eyes his companions, sizing them up. And looking for the slightest sign of trouble. He generally likes surprises, but not on a run.
Jul 14, 2016 3:59 pm
Breech-a takes up his customary position at the rear of the van, nearly pressing his back against the container. He faces outward, red optics taking in the images of the dwarves milling about the warehouse. He focuses briefly on the speaker, Grem, and files away the dwarf's portrait for record-keeping.
Jul 18, 2016 2:32 pm
PHANTOM processes the location and pulls it up on GPS. It's, by the fastest route, about 20 blocks away. Not a particularly long route, but it goes right through the city and a good portion of the Docks Ward which is not the nicest neighborhood.

Yeah, looks like we are shooting for another warehouse in the Trade Ward, the AI chimes in as the location gets pulled up. It's another warehouse that his hidden down an alleyway.

As you are going over the directions suddenly there is a dwarf scrambling up the door of the van to the window right next to Mack. He pulls a datapad up with him and looks over the route then spins the pad around to show you. He jabs at the screen. This is the place, he says in a husky voice. You can see the place he points to is the same as the place PN just pulled up on GPS.

Got it?, the dwarf asks, still hanging on the door.
Jul 18, 2016 4:59 pm
"Yup. Got it. Say -- we can pick our own route, right? And what are the time constraints?"

He points at the map, "The fastest route takes us through some pretty sketchy neighborhoods this time of day. Might be safer if we considered some alternate routes."
Jul 18, 2016 5:58 pm
As Mack and the dwarf discuss job particulars, Kessel reassembles his bike: digital code plots points of light, and sweeping lines and smooth planes coalesce, defining the vehicle's form. Kessel mounts, and rides up alongside Corril. "Alright, cuz, we ride on either side of the van. OWL will be our eye in the sky. If you spot any trouble, get on the comms. Here's your earwig. Don’t worry, you'll do just great!"
Last edited July 18, 2016 5:58 pm, a total of 1 time
Jul 18, 2016 6:30 pm
Take whatever way you want, we just need this to the place by sun up, the dwarf says and then hops off the door. He heads back to stand by Grem.
OOC:
Sun up is a good 7-8 hours away at least. It doesn't seem like much of a time constraint.
Jul 18, 2016 7:01 pm
"Right then." Mack switches on the localized comms -- relying on the BlueDragonTooth technology to keep it low power and low-range. Punching in one of Kessels encryption routines, he clicks the comms on. "Check check check. Can you all hear me?"
Jul 18, 2016 7:10 pm
"WARNING: Unrecognized Transmission Source Detected," intones Breecha on the local comm. Corril's transponder is highlighted in everyone's HUD. "ADVISORY: Verify Remote Address Before Adding To Local Host."
Jul 18, 2016 8:41 pm
Mack leans out the window, "Uh, Kessel -- Breech doesn't recognize your cousin's comms. Can you do the thingie with the frobitz or whatever?" Mack is pleased there's a nerd on the team. He really can't be bothered with some of this crap.
Last edited July 18, 2016 8:42 pm, a total of 1 time
Jul 18, 2016 10:16 pm
"Yeah, sorry, my bad."Kessel does the thingie with the frobitz by pulling his ear and winking. "There ya go. Readin' you five-by-five, Chief! You reading us alright, Corril?"
Jul 18, 2016 10:41 pm
Mack nods his thanks and wait for Corril as he considers his course.

"PN and team. Should we try and exit the docks area and be on more major thoroughfares to reduce our exposure to um, the seedier elements of San Waterdeep? I guess the risk is they've got some sort of scrying checkpoints and figure we're carrying something we shouldn't somewhere we shouldn't."
Jul 18, 2016 11:12 pm
Corril draws up to the opposite side of the van from Kessel.

"Loud and clear, team. I was wondering when you wanted to add me to the channel."

"Have we got any intel on who's gonna try to make the package fly? The shorties know what it is, they should have an idea who may want it... Seedy or unseedy, everything has an ear to hear with and a mouth to talk with."
Jul 19, 2016 12:07 am
"I tend not to ask those questions -- but that's a good point. Anything in the RAIN about these shorties and who might be disinclined to view them favorably?"
Jul 19, 2016 10:43 am
Kessel drops into RAIN to find out what he can about Grem and his cohorts, and maybe even about the cargo they are to transport.

Rolls

Accessing RAIN (Intelligence, double prof for direct access) - (1d20+4)

( 14 ) + 4 = 18

2 of 4
< 1 2 3 4 >

You do not have permission to post in this thread.