Hm... seems like you're using IE. Can I suggest a better browser, such as Firefox, Chrome or Opera? There are other choices too.

If you wanna stick with IE, or can't switch, I'll warn you right now, while most of this site should work with IE, stuff might come up buggy, so you might not enjoy it as much...

1.3 - The Escort Job

Jul 19, 2016 2:50 pm
Kessel drops into the blue-lined world of RAIN and quickly finds a data-tap. A place he can access the vast knowledge base behind the massive global network. He mines what limited data he has to find out anything and everything he can about the dwarves and what possible cargo could be moving.

PhantomNimbus sent a note to Jabes.plays.RPG
Jul 19, 2016 3:36 pm
Kessel transmits his findings to the rest of the team.
PhantomNimbus says:
The information flows around you find articles, links, and a few scattered police reports. You see that Grem and his crew are actually monster hunters. An elite crew who works to capture and move rare, and often illegal species of creatures for very high-end clients.

It would seem his skills have been employed by zoos, and wildlife sanctuaries, but also by more illegal clients looking to add exotic species to their own personal menageries.

With this you could guess at the cargo you move, but you have no real specific to go on. Recent news doesn't seem to turn up any of his movings or dealings recently.

As far as enemies there are many creature rights activist groups who have taken beyond the standard picketing of such practices, and have moved whole cloth into urban warfare and terrorist activities to combat the places that would traffic such things. These things started as tossing red paint on those wearing owlbear furs, to throwing boiling acid on those wearing furs. The creature rights activists are almost as highly combatted by the Peacekeepers as any local crime gang.
While he's jacked into RAIN Kessel scans the Peacekeeper chatter for activist group sightings. After which, he disconnects with the usual covering of digital tracks.
Jul 19, 2016 6:31 pm
"Hrm." Mack states philosophically.

"What do you guys think? Through the docks where the activists are less likely to be regulars, or through the other parts of town where we're more likely to see some activist and their cronies? I guess we have to assume we're being observed..."
Jul 19, 2016 8:02 pm
"Which gives us more space to maneuver?"
Jul 20, 2016 2:57 am
"Hrm. Good question. Docks are usually a bit more open -- but seedier and darker. Main thoroughfares will be tighter, but more well lit. Of course, if the 'keeps do come to our aid if we're attacked, they're going to poke their nose into what's in the van...."

Mack frowns. "I guess the Docks it is..."
Jul 20, 2016 8:53 am
"Yeah, much more legal space to maneuver on that route."
Jul 20, 2016 9:29 am
"Let's go!" Kessel says, revving his bike. He sends OWL scouting the route from overhead.
Jul 20, 2016 12:51 pm
Mack puts the van into drive and proceeds along the route, muttering about the need for a sensor dish or some kind of enhanced sensor equipment to better understand what is afoot around him.
Jul 21, 2016 12:35 am
Breecha does his best to monitor things with his rudimentary sensors, even as his optics take in the interior of the solid back doors.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

( 19 ) + 3 = 22

Jul 21, 2016 6:52 am
Corril takes up position (front-behind or left-right, depending on which side of the van Kessel takes) and subvocally humming to the rhythm of the engines he watches the shady places ambush is most likely come from.

"I s'pose there will be trouble, why hire runners if it ain't expected? Is there some kind of plan, or we spin up one on the spot?" he merrily chimes in the shared channel.
Aug 15, 2016 1:07 pm
The route is fairly clear. Cutting through the docks is a quieter route so far. You go down a few blocks and Breech-a's sensors don't pick up much. The job almost promises to be a bit boring.

PhantomNimbus sent a note to CancerMan
Aug 15, 2016 3:54 pm
A harsh buzz interrupts the comm and a warning klaxon sounds inside the van. "WARNING: Unknown Vehicle Approaching At High Speed. Collision Course Imminent At Next Intersection," Breecha's head turns in that direction as his voice intones with an accelerated modulation. "ADVISORY: Evasive Maneuver."
Aug 15, 2016 5:22 pm
"We've got trouble!" Kessel veers his bike towards the unknown vehicle. He sends video feed from O.W.L.'s optics to everyone's displays. Then he focuses his awareness on the vehicle, trying to get a lock on its digital blip on the datasphere.
OOC:
Trying to feel out any electronics on that vehicle: comms, electronic weapons systems, even the engine controls if they're electronic, and shutting that crap down.
Quote:
Information Surge
At 1st level, you gain the ability to temporarily render computerized devices inoperable. As an action, you can target a computerized device within 30 feet of you. If the targeted device is held or otherwise actively used by a living creature, that creature must make an Intelligence saving throw against your spell save DC. On a failed save, the targeted device ceases to function until the end of your next turn. If the targeted device is not held or used by a creature, the DM makes a special saving throw for the device with disadvantage and a +0 modifier.
Certain shielded devices might negate the disadvantage, at the DM’s determination. Once you use this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a short or long rest.

Rolls

Perception? Investigation? - (1d20)

( 18 ) = 18

Aug 16, 2016 5:55 am
As soon as Breech says "WARNING" Mack is moving the van into evasive maneuvers as best he can. He downshifts into "growl and cough" and carefully times his sharp turns at the wheel with tapping the brake in order to manage the beast's acceleration and weight.

"What the hell is going on? Don't people follow traffic laws anymore?!"
OOC:
None of the skills seemed to make sense, so made a raw DEX check.

Rolls

Let's lose these guys in an asteroid field.... - (1d20+3)

( 19 ) + 3 = 22

Aug 17, 2016 5:29 am
Corril slows down and does a circle checking the surroundings all around to see if there are other attackers. "Scanning..." he declares excitedly.
Last edited August 17, 2016 5:30 am, a total of 1 time

Rolls

Perception, looking around - (1d20+3)

( 8 ) + 3 = 11

Aug 23, 2016 2:12 pm
As Kessel hears the warning he scans for the incoming vehicles systems, fed through by Breecha. He finds that the vehicle, like most in this world has an electrical ignition and regulation system on the engine. Unlike many, this one is unshielded. This is usually because of illegal modifications to the vehicle, but it has the upside of making the hacking of it much easier. With a few quick commands he cuts power to the vehicle and it instantly starts to slow.

As the van nears the intersection where a collision was incoming Mack turns to avoid the incoming vehicle which looks like a large modified tanker truck. The front of it is covered in a custom-made grill of jagged iron spikes. The vehicle is far from inconspicuous. The vehicle, which was once set to collide with the van and leave little left of it, crawls at about 15 MPH through the intersection as it continues to slow.

Hanging off the side of this vehicle you see two kenku. In the driver seat, smashing his clawed and feathered fist on the steering wheel is Redfeather.

The van turns to avoid the slow-moving vehicle, Mack keeps it from tipping or spinning out of control with his controlling maneuvers.. As you avoid the larger vehicle two smaller street-cars flank it on either side and make pursuit on you. Corril notes these first and pings them on the HUDs of the rest of the team.
Aug 23, 2016 3:11 pm
Revving his bike, Kessel turns his attention to the nearest vehicle. He mutters a command, and bolts of black lightning streak towards its driver.
OOC:
Bonus action: Hex.
Action: Eldritch Blast with a side of Agonizing.
Last edited August 23, 2016 3:16 pm, a total of 2 times

Rolls

Eldritch Blast attack, damage (Agonizing), Hex damage - (1d20+6, 1d10+4, 1d6)

1d20+6 - ( 6 ) + 6 = 12

1d10+4 - ( 7 ) + 4 = 11

1d6 - ( 6 ) = 6

Aug 23, 2016 3:24 pm
The kenku behind the wheel cuts the steering wheel hard and sideswipes a parked car, but manages to avoid the eldritch blast that flies at him. He quickly regains his vehicle and floors it towards the party.
OOC:
You guys have the drop on this encounter. So lets go team initiative. Heroes first, enemies next. Mack, Breecha, and Corril can act before the enemies go.
Aug 23, 2016 3:50 pm
Breecha braces himself against the sides of the van, unable to find a clear shot due to the positioning of the flanked cars, and reasoning that opening the rear doors at this point is too much of a risk to the cargo. He does place a hand on the door and readies his pistol, waiting for the right moment.

A small section of his memory is tagged with a request to Tymora to install gun ports into the van.
OOC:
Readying an action to attack if one of the cars comes into view of the rear firing arc, upon which I will open the door and attempt a shot at the driver or the tires, then close the door.
Aug 23, 2016 4:58 pm
Mack looks for potential places to lose these guys, scanning the map on the HUD and looking around for parked cars. Using the local terrain to the best of his advantage, he tries to squeeze the bird brain into a parked trailer outside a warehouse up on the left.
OOC:
Ouch!
Last edited August 23, 2016 4:58 pm, a total of 1 time

Rolls

Dex roll - (1d20+3)

( 1 ) + 3 = 4

3 of 4
< 1 2 3 4 >

You do not have permission to post in this thread.