2: Valley of Dead Unicorns

load previous

Couatl

annex

Sep 27, 2022 2:31 am
Couatl

"It isss a disssintegration shield, Ranger, and quite powerful. I cannot dissspel it but the Wizard no doubt can," it said after circling the tower twice and returning.

"I can aid you in other waysss, Ranger. I can ssstrengthen you and your companionsss while fighting by your ssside."
Sep 27, 2022 1:14 pm
Presto nods.

"Yeah, I can do that, it's a cinch. But...I can't do it while I'm flying past the invisible guards. So unless you've got another idea, we're stuck dealing with them. Maybe someone can distract them for a few seconds while I take care of the shield, then we can fly away from them? Or retreat and return?"
Sep 28, 2022 1:20 am
Diana returns to the group to let them know what she discovered, which is essentially the same thing Couatl said.

"We'll probably have to fight the stalkers one way or the other," she says to Presto. "Right now we've got the element of surprise - I think. Maybe the rest of us should just launch a surprise attack while you dispel the shield."
Sep 28, 2022 5:21 am
"Yes it might be better to give up on the sneak plan. We should deal with these stalkers whether temporarily as a distraction, or permanently, leaving Presto to dispel the shield."
OOC:
I considered the couatl's powers to cast Sanctuary on 3 of us, but that's no guarantee of successful sneaking. In combat, it can cast Shield if anyone needs it as a reaction. There are other spells too, etc
Sep 28, 2022 7:17 am
Bobby grins. "A suprise attack suits me just fine!"
Sep 30, 2022 11:53 pm
OOC:
Do whatcha gonna do, peeps.
Oct 1, 2022 5:33 am
OOC:
Ok peeps, so since there are no other suggestions, I say we move to combat!

Hank will move away to the furthest point he can while still having line of sight from at least one of the stalkers. He will get the couatl to cast Bless, and be ready to cast Sanctuary as a bonus action, as well as Shield as a reaction. (So remember to holle if you want Sanctuary or Shield.)
Oct 1, 2022 5:40 am
OOC:
Remember the coautl's offered to help you.
And that the invisible stalkers are invisible to everyone but Sheila and even then just barely visible to her. If Sheila takes on one, the rest of you will have to find ways to make the others visible.
Oct 1, 2022 6:30 am
OOC:
Good thing is the couatl has Truesight!
Oct 1, 2022 6:34 am
OOC:
*nods approvingly*
That leaves two.
Oct 1, 2022 9:01 pm
OOC:
If Sheila could somehow tag each stalker to make them visible to everyone, that would be great. But, I can't think of a way to do it with what she has available. Oh, and her cloak gives her truesight as one of its features.
Last edited October 2, 2022 8:15 pm
Oct 1, 2022 10:11 pm
OOC:
Ah, yes! Le truesight!
You all can certainly brainstorm your tactical approach.
Oct 1, 2022 11:57 pm
Eric grinned as an idea occurred to him Hey gang, right before we are ready to attack I could cast control weather and make it snow! That should at least outline the invisible men over there.
OOC:

Annex what is the current weather condition?

Only issue is it sounds like it would take at least 40 min (maybe more) to get to snow (30 to fog)

Control Weather
You take control of the weather within 5 miles of you for the duration. You must be outdoors to cast this spell. Moving to a place where you don’t have a clear path to the sky ends the spell early.

When you cast the spell, you change the current weather conditions, which are determined by the DM based on the climate and season. You can change precipitation, temperature, and wind. It takes 1d4 × 10 minutes for the new conditions to take effect. Once they do so, you can change the conditions again. When the spell ends, the weather gradually returns to normal.

When you change the weather conditions, find a current condition on the following tables and change its stage by one, up or down. When changing the wind, you can change its direction.

Stage Condition
1 Clear
2 Light clouds
3 Overcast or ground fog
4 Rain, hail, or snow
5 Torrential rain, driving hail, or blizzard
Oct 2, 2022 12:14 am
OOC:
It's a bright and sunny day with light cloud cover.
Oct 2, 2022 3:00 am
OOC:
Edit: I actually DID truesight into consideration before! They are naturally invisible so there's very little to see since they're literally air and pretty much indistinguishable from the air around them by sight. Another factor such as rain or fog or even flour might help to highlight any slight differences between them and the surrounding atmosphere.
Oct 2, 2022 8:49 am
"Lemme just pop down to the store for a couple gallons of white glue and a few pounds of glitter. Maybe some leaf blowers."
Last edited October 2, 2022 8:49 am
Oct 2, 2022 11:21 am
Hank slapped his head at Bobby's brainwave. "I've been thinking too hard about how things work in the realm only. Sure we can do that, if we want to get creative! I can get our couatl ally here to make food and water. We could get pounds and pounds of flour, or biscuit crumbs, mix us up a nice starchy spray to dump on those stalkers."
OOC:
Before I go down this path, just wanted to check with the DM that this is okay and the right kind of flavour lol.

Couatl

annex

Oct 2, 2022 5:31 pm
Couatl

"Ingeniousss, Ranger. Ssso ssshall it be!"

With a flick of its forked tongue, the winged serpent made your ingredients materialized before you!
Oct 3, 2022 12:01 am
As the couatl did so, Hank whipped out his paint supplies. Over the years he has mastered the bow's ability of having his arrows take various shapes just by thinking about it. This time he did the same, imagining a bunch of spray pumps, one for flour and the other for water, and handheld hoses with nozzles, directing the magical serpent to fill up the containers with the two substances.

Their 'glitter sprays' were now ready to use!
OOC:
Using Nolzur's Marvelous Pigments to paint us some sprays, and filling them up with what the couatl made. We can make four of these for four people to use, or just have one person go round spraying all four stalkers.
Oct 3, 2022 3:50 am
OOC:
Looks good to me!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.