2: Valley of Dead Unicorns

load previous
Nov 2, 2022 1:01 am
Hmm Eric thought, I don't think I have any prepared spells that can help with this as he watches Sheila hold a key
Nov 2, 2022 3:30 am
OOC:
I'll hold off on using that Dispel Magic for now.
Sheila's inspection of the door showed a knocker, no lock or handle, and revealed an illusion concealing a metal disk nailed to the wood. The disk was etched with arcane and religious symbols.
[ +- ] Door, symbols
OOC:
I'll take Arcana and Religion rolls from Sheila, please, unless she tries to use the key to open a hole in the wall.
Nov 3, 2022 12:42 am
Sheila stops as she sees the truth behind the illusions. She studies the symbols.

Rolls

Arcana - (1d20+17)

(5) + 17 = 22

Religion - (1d20+5)

(15) + 5 = 20

Nov 4, 2022 4:18 am
Sheila easily discerned a possible pass code. Once she pressed the relevant runes, the door creaked opened just a crack.
Nov 8, 2022 2:11 am
OOC:
Door's open. Whathca gonna do?
Nov 8, 2022 3:50 am
Diana looks at the rest of the group. "So, charge in? Or does someone have a better plan?" she says quietly.
Nov 9, 2022 9:26 am
"Our friend can help."

Friend couatl, will you take a form as hidden as possible and enter before us, to see what lies ahead? Hank understood that the magical beast could metamorphosise into a stealthy shape and recce undecover, for it was immune to having its location detected.
Last edited November 9, 2022 9:26 am
Nov 10, 2022 4:20 am
Couatl
"Of course, Ranger. I shall return momentarily."

Hank saw the bluebird transform into an even smaller bat then fly through the barely open door. After a few seconds, the bat reappeared.
[ +- ] Doing the batty bat!
Couatl
"There are ascending stairs, two rooms with closed doors, and three invisible beings, Ranger: two of the violent air elementals and a unusually short orc armed with many blades."
Nov 10, 2022 1:04 pm
"Sounds like we need to deal with them head on, but I think those who can sneak in should do so first and hide in position. Also need to expose their invisibility so we can engage them."
Nov 11, 2022 7:28 am
"Do we have any more of those flour bombs?"

Couatl

annex

Nov 12, 2022 2:56 am
Couatl
"I can create two more unusual feasts, Barbarian."
Nov 13, 2022 12:48 pm
OOC:
Indeed, the couatl has two more castings of Create Food and Water, and presumably we can reuse the spray cans that were created earlier.
Hank got ready to prepare another round of flour bombs with the couatl.
Nov 13, 2022 11:02 pm
"Then I guess we're sneaking in?" Diana asks Sheila.
OOC:
I'm going to throw a stealth roll, but Diana's not actually going in unless there's general agreement on the plan. I'll make the roll in secret, so it doesn't influence the decision.
Last edited November 13, 2022 11:03 pm

Rolls

Secret Roll

Nov 14, 2022 12:44 am
I'm not good at sneaking with this armor Eric said with a grimace. I'll can keep distance and have my shield at the ready. Say, how far away are these creature Hank/Couatl he added
Nov 14, 2022 1:44 am
OOC:
I'd suggest the sneaky among us go in, pelt the flour bombs, then get out of the way. The couatl can be one of them since it can see invisible. Then the rest rush in to attack.
Nov 14, 2022 2:47 am
Presto coughs slightly.

"I...might have something that can help. It won't destroy them, but it should hold them still, dazed to the point of uselessness, for a minute or so. You can dump all the flour you want on them. It's important that none of you are in the room, though, I can't protect anyone from it."

Couatl

annex

Nov 14, 2022 6:48 pm
Couatl
"Eradicate them, Wizard. I see overwhelming evil within the tower. Only a single point of good lies at the top."
Nov 14, 2022 9:29 pm
Sheila remains close and invisible while everyone readies to plunge into the tower. 'Go for it Presto.' She says quietly. 'I'll follow as soon as you give the all clear to enter.'
Nov 15, 2022 12:19 am
"I guess that's where Kosar is." Hank thanked his serpent assistant for sensing the location of where Kosar was held.
Nov 15, 2022 4:11 pm
Presto takes a deep breath and tries to open the door as silently as he can. As soon as he sees where the orc is, he releases a mentally prepared spell, flashing the room with vibrant and scintillating colors.

After waiting to see the effect, he moves out of the way.

"Alright, you've got a minute to do whatever you want to do."
OOC:
Presto casts Hypnotic Pattern.

Bad guys need to make a DC 21 Wisdom save or be charmed and incapacitated for 1 minute. Spell ends if they take damage or someone shakes them out of it.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.