2: Valley of Dead Unicorns

load previous
Dec 29, 2022 1:52 am
Oof, Eric asserted as the mage tried to instill fear into the group. Luckily, he is holding his shield to help take some of the blow of this spell
OOC:
While holding this shield, you have advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects, and spell attacks have disadvantage against you.

Rolls

Saving Roll - (1d20+5)

(5) + 5 = 10

Saving Roll 2 (advantage) - (1d20+5)

(10) + 5 = 15

Feb 25, 2023 2:19 am
The fight was relatively quick and easy for you seasoned adventurers, and you ascended the levels of the evil mage's castle on steps crimson with your enemies' blood and ashes.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/83/Spiral_Staircase_of_Monument_Tower_-_geograph.org.uk_-_1623284.jpg
The single file steps end at a wrought iron door wrought with arcane symbols. You have no doubt reached Kelek's sanctum sanctorum.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/9e/8d/82/9e8d82472e3a92328bd00a8ea3e8df9f.jpg
OOC:
Let's get this show on the road! There's a boss fight behind this door. You've been warned.
Single file marching order? And what will you do?
Feb 25, 2023 1:20 pm
https://i.imgur.com/vnCgPoG.png

Diana stretched in front of the door, flexing her lithe form into a Parivrtta Trikonasana pose. She exhaled, as she studied her extended hand's blue skin and coal black nails. "That hag really brought out my witchy side."

Diana now wore her hair in a messy bun, streaming black strands wrapped with crimson cords. The blast of arcane energy had molted her clothing into a high-collar vestment with a purple sash crossed with more cords. She had tucked her adjustable staff into the obi after the fight. Though not slashed across the face, her transformed visage bore curious star-patterned blood stripes that shown through her vibrant makeup. She wore an over-the-ear pearl earpiece that had extended an all-glass monocle over her eye, on which faint motes of starlight formed floating script.

"Just before we blow through this beautifully embossed door, anyone care to remind me who might be lurking on the other side?"
OOC:
New Di will alter her form to dragon constellation just prior to kicking off initiative, unless the party has other ideas of what kind of threat we might find in here (e.g., if the foe will kite us, Di can go archer and lob bolts while trying to close with the foe).

She's a kick-butt quasi-magic user who prefers to punch her way through problems...or blow them up.
Feb 25, 2023 8:54 pm
Bobby hefts the weight of Thunder Club upon his shoulder and stands with feet apart studying the door. His empty hand scratches at his newly-grown, full beard. It looked strange upon a face that remained largely boyish in spite of the many years since he could lay claim to such an age.

His clothing remains scant - fur-lined shorts, held up by thin bands of leather, crossing over his chest and over his shoulders. Boots to match, and a horned helm adorned with a brilliant red gemstone at its center.

"Whatever lies beyond this door, it's already as good as smashed. Let's get to it so we can go find someplace to get some rest." He takes a deep breath, searching inside for a source of anger, something he can latch onto and use to fuel himself in the fight to come.
OOC:
Bobby walks the Storm Herald - Desert Path. This gives him a 10-foot aura that:

- When he rages, or when activated as a bonus action while raging, all other creatures in your aura take 6 fire damage each.
- Shielding Storm: as long as you are within the aura, you gain resistance to fire damage (this is active even if he is not raging).
Feb 26, 2023 2:47 pm
"Friend couatl, I will need your services one more time. When we enter, make your way wihout being seen to where Kossar might be held, and see if you can figure out how he might be released." Hank spoke with his summons as respectfully as he would with any other being.

To the others, "I will create a wall of light as near to Kelek's vision as possible when these doors are opened, to keep him from using his spells against us for as long as possible."
OOC:
The couatl can cast Sanctuary on anyone who wants it! And if the DM will allow Bless to be cast now, the couatl will do so for all six of us.
Feb 26, 2023 6:00 pm
OOC:
Blessed be!
Feb 26, 2023 8:09 pm
OOC:
Remaining invisible near her brother, Sheila quietly utters a command to the cloak and evokes the powers of Danoth's Visor to try and see through the door and/or the walls into the sanctum.

Couatl

annex

Feb 26, 2023 10:49 pm
Couatl
"Of course, Ranger."
The couatl, already shrunk to small size and flying above you, became invisible to most eyes.

Sheila's eyes pierced the dimensional veils, and she saw before her an iron golem and another golem made of twinkling white crystal. Behind them is a door which lead onto a small balcony she hadn't seen from the outside. The hazy nature of the area told her that it was a dimensional pocket of some sort. What or who was within was unknown to her. On the other side of this floor, she saw Kelek's empty private chambers complete with bed and work table and library.
OOC:
You're coming up the stairs in the middle of this floor.
https://i.imgur.com/lVP1L9L.png
OOC:
Sheila knows very well what an iron golem is and can do, and so do the rest of you.
I'll take Arcana, History, or Religion from Sheila for info on the white golem.
Feb 27, 2023 8:54 am
OOC:
Arcana. Sheila has Reliable Talent. So, that's a total roll of 10 + 17 = 27
Last edited February 27, 2023 8:57 am

Rolls

Arcana - (1d20+17)

(5) + 17 = 22

Feb 27, 2023 1:20 pm
OOC:
Looks like it is time to join Sheila in the invisible woman camp. An Empty Body is better than disemboweled. https://i.imgur.com/VXKOc7Om.png
Mar 1, 2023 1:25 am
Eric clutches his Shield ready for danger and prepares an Aura of Warding for what appears to be a rather large battle ahead
OOC:

Aura of Warding (Str)
Ancient magic lies so heavily upon you that it forms an eldritch ward. You and friendly creatures within 10 feet of you have resistance to damage from spells. You must be conscious to grant this bonus.
Mar 1, 2023 8:19 am
Bobby takes a deep breath, his grip upon Thunder Club tightening as he feels the rage boiling just beneath the surface. He smiles as the various beneficial effects of his friends envelop him. He feels like he could take on the world.
Mar 4, 2023 3:27 am
Presto puts a hand on the door, ready for it to open.

"As long as there is no one inside that we need to protect, I can try to hurt anything in there while we wait comfortably. Bobby, do you think you can hold this door closed? Whatever's in there won't want to hang around, and they'll be trying to break through this door. If you can give me long enough to take a breath, I can try to lock the door from this side."
OOC:
When the door opens, I can cast a spell that will hang out in that room hurting anything in there, friend or foe (Sickening Radiance). If I can get another round, I can lock the door with Arcane Lock, hopefully keeping anything in there from escaping. Even if they find a way to leave, they'll be softened up significantly after 3 or 4 rounds
Mar 4, 2023 8:59 am
Bobby looks a little disheartened at the thought of forgoing a direct fight, but nods. "You got it, Presto." He cracks his knuckles, ready to rage and hold the door closed with all his might. "I could also, uh, glue it closed?" He pulls out a vial of milky white substance - sovereign glue. "Though, I think it takes a minute to dry."
Last edited March 4, 2023 9:04 am
Mar 4, 2023 9:14 pm
In a strange moment of interpersonal insight, Presto hesitates.

"Would you prefer to do the honors? It's been a long day, I don't mind if you'd rather...?"

He motions in the air like he's smacking something with a large club.
Mar 5, 2023 1:25 am
"Whichever works is my preference," replied the not-yet unseen Diana languidly. "I could wall the doors closed while you drain their vitality--or we can punch our way through this problem."
OOC:
New Di can conjure a Wall of Stone to seal the door or continue with the physical course of action.
Mar 5, 2023 1:58 pm
OOC:
I don't want anyone to feel like I'm monopolizing the moment, I'm happy to try something else!
Mar 6, 2023 1:26 am
Sheila recognized the crystalline construct as a canopic golem: extremely resistant to magic, able to redirect some high level spells back at their casters, deadly with its fists or flechettes. She also saw that the door was mundanely locked and arcanely warded, explosively so.
OOC:
It makes perfect sense for Presto to do that. It'll definitely soften up the enemies... unless there are countermeasures in place.
Sheila will need a DC 22 thieves tools/sleight of hand to open the door, and a DC 22 arcana check to disable the ward.
Mar 6, 2023 9:49 am
A smile spreads on Bobby's face and he rests the head of Thunderclub in his opposite hand. "Yeah?" he asks, "I can bash the door in?"
Mar 6, 2023 10:42 pm
Sheila quietly informs her friends of the presences she has seen on the other side of the door and what she knows of them. She produces a runic key from within the folds of her cloak and approaches the door. She carefully weaves her arcane magic and unravels the wards, then uses the key to quietly unlock the door.
OOC:
Sheila has advantage on the unlocking attempt using the Infiltrator's Key.
Last edited March 6, 2023 10:46 pm

Rolls

Arcana - (1d20+17)

(17) + 17 = 34

Arcane Key - (2d20H1+11)

(123) + 11 = 23

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.