Chapter 4 - Salar

load previous
Nov 3, 2016 10:07 pm
"Well done!" Ütés says to Aelar as she slides her blade back into its scabbard, disappointed that she didn't get a chance to put it to proper use.
Nov 3, 2016 10:16 pm
"Thanks!" Aelar says, happy that they were able to end the fight before any of his friends got injured.
Nov 5, 2016 7:43 pm
Nix decides to investigate the kobolds' cars and gear.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+4)

(11) + 4 = 15

Nov 5, 2016 9:41 pm
"Impressive!" I give Aelar a pat on the back. I head towards Bill. "Glad to see that you're well, Bill! We were concerned for your well-being."
Nov 6, 2016 1:55 am
No doubt 'him' refers to Theodore. I had hoped..., he trails off a bit as he responds to Nix's question. As Xadira approaches he comes back from his thoughts.

Ah, yes, my magic has become tricky to funnel without a good instrument in this world. I had actually tried to teleport us all to safety, but instead I ended up on the other side of the collapse on my own. I'm only glad you decided to tunnel in to find me, he says with a smile.
Nov 6, 2016 2:01 am
Nix
Digging through the gear you find two sticks of hand-made dynamite. No doubt these would have been used to get the job done had the initial attack failed.

You also find some crude and well-worn rapiers and scimitars. Nothing of much value. However in a pack around the waist of the leader you are able to crack open the frozen leather pouch there and 8 gold pieces fall out, along with a small emerald.

The carts seem like each could hold a few occupants, and inside there is a small lever that might activate some sort of movement on the cart. No doubt these might slightly hasten your approach to Salar. As you inspect these Phina has been trying to activate some feature on the mechanical armor she has been riding in. Finally she lines the feet up correctly on the tracks and the feet of the armor seem to click into the tracks. She pulls another lever and large lights shine forward down the tracks through the darkness.

You guys, this is gonna be great, check this out!, she shouts and then pulls another lever and the armor starts to pick up some speed, gliding down the tracks. She pulls another lever and the armor screeches to halt.
Nov 6, 2016 9:52 am
"That's so cool!" Nix exclaims, wide eyed, absently stuffing the gold and emerald into her own pouch to marvel at Phina's contraption. "I still think you should give him a name."
Nov 7, 2016 12:02 am
Firn eyes the mechanical monster and decides he's had enough of strange metal contraptions. Those carts, while not the ideal alternative, seem simple enough.
Last edited November 7, 2016 12:02 am
Nov 8, 2016 2:01 pm
"Thanks!" Aelar responds to Xadira's compliment, "Let's get on our way, princes don't like to be kept waiting, or so I've heard."
Nov 8, 2016 2:19 pm
"That is an excellent idea! Are we to transport ourselves in these carts?" I examine the levers in fascination. This is truly outstanding workmanship.
Nov 9, 2016 3:11 am
Not at all interested in learning how to operate any of the machinery Ütés asks "Ummm, can I ride along with someone who knows how to operate one of these contraptions?"
Nov 9, 2016 4:17 am
"I'll drive!" Nix volunteers excitedly as she hops into the lead car and starts playing with the lever(s).
Nov 11, 2016 4:22 pm
Firn seems as hesitant as Ütés, looking over an empty cart like it's going to tell him what to do.
Nov 11, 2016 9:37 pm
Looking over at Firn, Ütés offers, "Some of the others appear to know how to work these things. It would probably be for the best if you joined one of them instead of trying to work it yourself"

She stands with a worried expression as Nix starts playing with levels and cautiously gets into the cart with the curious gnome.

"Ready!" she lies.
Nov 11, 2016 9:38 pm
"Any way I can ride the back of your metal-thing?" Aelar asks Phina, "Looks like it might be a fun ride!"
Nov 11, 2016 10:04 pm
Xadira seems to have figured it out, thinks Firn, stepping over to her cart.
Nov 14, 2016 8:50 pm
How difficult could this be... I get into a cart and pull some levers.

Rolls

Int check? - (1d20+5)

(14) + 5 = 19

You do not have permission to post in this thread.