Chapter 4 - Salar

load previous
Oct 25, 2016 4:39 pm
Aelar cautiously follow Nix down into the tunnel, trying to be as quiet as possible.

Rolls

Stealth (Advantage due to boots, also have expertise) - (1d20+10, 1d20+10)

1d20+10 : (5) + 10 = 15

1d20+10 : (6) + 10 = 16

Oct 25, 2016 4:41 pm
OOC:
Wow, those were poor rolls saved by your skill. Lol.
Aelar joins Nix in the tunnel, seeing the same quiet tunnel scene. Phina climbs in next with her armor nearly getting stuck. She frantically pulls and pushes levers to navigate the hulking armor into the nearly created entrance. The feet of the armor land with solid thumps that can be felt through the ground.
Oct 25, 2016 4:59 pm
"Has anyone seen Bill, or Eagin?" Firn asks idly to those still above-ground, poking about through the rubble of train.
Oct 25, 2016 5:01 pm
Aelar feels ashamed for not thinking of his mentor earlier, but shakes off the feeling, "They are both highly resourceful, we have to trust that if they're still alive that they will find us," he says, then stops, "Still, it might not be a bad idea to look for them for a few minutes."
Oct 25, 2016 5:05 pm
Looking around for Eagin you end up finding him in the back-half of the hero car. He is knocked unconscious, and looks a little battered up, but he is alive and still breathing. After searching a few more minutes you can't seem to find Bill anywhere. You are fairly sure he was in the hero car when the train derailed.
Oct 25, 2016 5:35 pm
Aelar gently checks Eagin over and then tries to shake him awake.
Oct 25, 2016 5:45 pm
Eagin wakes almost violently and shouts with rage as he takes a swing at the first thing in front of him (Aelar). He regains his senses quickly looking around him. What the hell happened!?

Rolls

PUNCH vs Aelar (1 Damage) - (1d20+1)

(15) + 1 = 16

Oct 25, 2016 5:51 pm
Aelar barely manages to move his head aside as Eagin lashes out at him. Growling, he answers the question, "Besides trying to punch my in the head, there was an explosion and our ride got pretty much demolished. Looks like we're gonna have to walk from here."
Oct 25, 2016 5:53 pm
Ah, krif, the halfling says. Do we know how far away we are from Salar?, he asks as he stands uneasily and brushes himself off. He looks over the damage done to him, but after a few moment seems surprised with how well he made it out of this.
Oct 27, 2016 6:00 pm
"Do we search for Bill, or press on?" Firn asks those above-ground.
Oct 27, 2016 6:13 pm
"We'll need to travel for two days. I am unsure what we should do regarding Bill. Perhaps his magic allowed him to escape, or teleport in some fashion?"
Oct 27, 2016 9:21 pm
"We need to push on."
Oct 27, 2016 9:22 pm
"I won't believe that Bill was dead unless I see his body. He'll catch up when he can, I'm sure," Aelar says, "I say we move on now."
Oct 29, 2016 6:29 pm
Nix nods and proceeds into the tunnel to scout ahead, her gnomish eyes probing the darkness.
OOC:
Psionic focus on Celerity

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

Stealth, gnome advantage - (1d20+6, 1d20+6)

1d20+6 : (16) + 6 = 22

1d20+6 : (4) + 6 = 10

Nov 2, 2016 4:54 pm
Nix is the first to see the spark of a small fire up ahead in the tunnel. You've all been walking for maybe what feels like a mile now. She scouts ahead leaving the rest slightly behind as she gathers some intel. Approaching the fire she sees it sits behind a large pile of boulders that lie across the tracks. Using this cover to get a little closer she almost doesn't notice the other figure in the dark of a man in robes also crouching behind the boulders. It's Bill.

Neither of you manage to make a sound and he points over the boulders to signal you to look. As you peek over you see a small band of kobolds gathered around a fire. One of them is arguing with another.

...I don't care what happened to Gork! Gork was idiot! He say we just kill heroes. He not remember plan! Plan work!, the one says. He has a large red ram skull symbol painted across his dark scales.

The other kobold he was arguing with seems to relent the point, but still looks upset about whatever point it was trying to make.
Nov 2, 2016 5:31 pm
"Right. Let me tell the others." Nix sends telepathically to Bill. She looks back down the tunnel.
OOC:
Is anybody back there within range of Ni'xs telepathy (120ft)?
Nov 2, 2016 5:41 pm
Firn approaches Eagin, and ignoring any signs of pain, roughly grabs him by the shoulder. Firn turns Eagin this way and that as the genasi inspects the injuries. Through the druid's hands, a natural warmth begins to flow into Eagin, soothing away the aches. "You'll live," says Firn, bluntly.

Rolls

Cure Wounds - (1d8+4)

(5) + 4 = 9

Nov 2, 2016 5:43 pm
OOC:
Nix can probably reach the other to let them know.
Eagin begins to protest the strange prodding but feeling himself get better he looks at you with a smile, Your bedside manner could use a bit of work, but I appreciate the help.
Nov 2, 2016 5:45 pm
Firn seems completely oblivious to whatever this 'bedside manner' thing is. "What?"
Nov 2, 2016 6:58 pm
Nix sends a telepathic message to Aelar. "Hey, it's Nix. Bill's here with me. We've hidden behind some rocks. Some kobolds up ahead, talking about a plan. Looks like the train wreck was part of it. I'm going to listen some more. Tell the others."

Nix turns to listen to the kobolds some more to see if she can learn anything else about this plan of theirs.
OOC:
How many kobolds are we looking at?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.