Hm... seems like you're using IE. Can I suggest a better browser, such as Firefox, Chrome or Opera? There are other choices too.

If you wanna stick with IE, or can't switch, I'll warn you right now, while most of this site should work with IE, stuff might come up buggy, so you might not enjoy it as much...

Chapter 4 - Salar

Nov 2, 2016 7:04 pm
At this point two of the kobolds are scrapping with each other. It doesn't seem malicious. More like rowdy behavior.

Enough, the leader says, We need travel back, let him know it's done, stupid heroes is dead. No match for skull clan, the leader says with a toothy grin as he thumps a small clawed fist against his chest.

Just past this group you can see two small carts that sit on the tracks. They have large levers on them that seem like they might propel the carts forward.
OOC:
There are about 7 of these little creatures around the fire, plus the leader makes 8.
Nov 3, 2016 3:38 pm
Aelar relays Nix's information to the rest of the party, "It doesn't seem like there are too many, but they had something to do with the wreck. Nix is gonna look ahead a bit and see what can be found, but be ready for a fight."
Nov 3, 2016 4:27 pm
Firn nods. He fiddles with his belongings, searching for a strip of leather he uses as a sling. Finally, a bullet from a pouch is readied. "Are we sneaking up on them?" he asks.
Nov 3, 2016 4:31 pm
"Let's wait for a bit, Nix said she was going to see what else she could find out," Aelar says.
Nov 3, 2016 6:51 pm
Nix starts implanting a thought into the kobold leader's mind, making him believe that he must explain the plan in detail to his underlings.
OOC:
Quote:
Occluded Mind (2 psi points). As an action, you target a creature that you can see within 120 feet of you. The target must make an Intelligence saving throw (it succeeds automatically if it is immune to being charmed). On a failed save, the target believes one statement of your choice for the next 5 minutes, provided that it understands the statement. The statement can be up to ten words long, and must describe you or a creature or object the target can see. On a successful save, the target is unaffected, and you can’t use this ability on it again until you finish a long rest.
Nov 3, 2016 6:57 pm
The kobold leader, as his crew is starting to pack up, feels a strange tickle in the back of his mind...

Rolls

Int Save vs Nix (DC15) - (1d20-1)

( 12 ) - 1 = 11

Nov 3, 2016 6:58 pm
OOC:
Sorry, forgot to specify: save DC is 14
Nov 3, 2016 7:08 pm
What?!, the leader accuses no one in particular. Who said they no understand plan?!, he says again. His crew look at him oddly but strangely enough begin pointing fingers at each other. Whoever said something, they don't want it to have been them.

This is why me leader. You can't even remember such great plan. This is why he appointed me leader. Me know secret entrance into sewers. Me know how to get into stupid hero hideout. Me know where to get on big metal carriage. They not even notice us. They never notice us. And we use that to advantage, he says, puffing out his chest as he compliments himself.

Me would have been one to blow up carriage if me weren't so valuable to plan. Stupid heroes blow up our black powder at the keep. They not know we have more. They so stupid. Drago was brave soldier, he know how to explode train with powder. Him give life for plan. What any of you done for plan!, he shouts at his crew. They all cower a little at his raised voice.

Nothing. You sit here safe and keep leader company. You lucky I here to protect you. We go now, back to Salar to let him know it done., he adds, hitting one of the underlings over the back of the head. Move this stuff out, now!

He and his underlings go back to work packing up the stuff they have with them onto these two little carts.
OOC:
The basic gist is they found a way to sneak into the train station and had what amounts to dynamite. They snuck on the car and climbed along it to get to the main train car. They blew open the door and a suicide bomber exploded himself and a few other kobolds strapped with dynamite to take down the train. Inadvertently it caused the rock above the tunnel to collapse in and that made a ramp that launched the train out.
Nov 3, 2016 7:16 pm
"That's it! Move in now!" Nix sends to Aelar and the rest before hitting the kobold leader with a burst of psychic energy meant to paralyze it.
OOC:
*bonus action for the telepathic message
*standard action for Psychic Grip
Quote:
Psychic Grip (7 psi pts, Concentration). As an action, you target a creature you can see. The target must make an Intelligence saving throw (DC 14). On a failed save, you overload the creature with psychic energy. The target is paralyzed for 1 minute, but at the end of each of its turns it can make another Intelligence saving throw. On a success, this effect ends.
On a failure, you can use your reaction to force the target to move up to half its speed, despite being paralyzed.
Last edited November 3, 2016 7:17 pm, a total of 1 time

Rolls

Initiative, I guess? (advantage from Celerity) - (1d20+3, 1d20+3)

1d20+3 - ( 17 ) + 3 = 20

1d20+3 - ( 18 ) + 3 = 21

Nov 3, 2016 7:20 pm
OOC:
We can skip the initiative roll, I'll do team-based initiative again, and the good guys have a drop on this one for sure. Although the only ones nearby are Nix and Bill, the rest is probably like 60 feet back or so.

Rolls

Int Save vs Nix (DC14) - (1d20-1)

( 19 ) - 1 = 18

Nov 3, 2016 7:23 pm
OOC:
If I move 30 feet ahead, will I be able to see the group of them? And are they packed tightly together?
Nov 3, 2016 7:25 pm
OOC:
Yeah, you probably could see that, and they are within maybe a 20 foot wide space. That's about how wide the tunnel is. I would say they are kind of scattered in a 20' x 20' area.
Nov 3, 2016 7:26 pm
The leader feels a psychic pulse from behind and feels his body urge itself to lock up in paralysis, but he keeps control of himself and calls to the others, There's some left, get them, GET THEM!
Nov 3, 2016 7:30 pm
"Let's move!" Aelar says to the others, rushing toward the sound of the kobolds. Once he sees their group packed together he grins and draws upon his magic, causing a loud noise to originate from the center of the group and blasting them with magical force.
OOC:
Casting Shatter. Should hit most of them in the area with the 10 foot radius! DC 14 con save

2nd-level evocation

Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 60 feet
Components: V, S, M (a chip of mica)
Duration: Instantaneous

A sudden loud ringing noise, painfully intense, erupts from a point of your choice within range. Each creature in a 10-foot-radius sphere centered on that point must make a Constitution saving throw. A creature takes 3d8 thunder damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. A creature made of inorganic material such as stone, crystal, or metal has disadvantage on this saving throw.

A nonmagical object that isn’t being worn or carried also takes the damage if it’s in the spell’s area.

Rolls

Shatter! - (3d8)

( 8, 1, 1 ) = 10

Nov 3, 2016 7:35 pm
OOC:
Yeah, 10 foot radius is a 20 foot diameter, so I'm going to say you hit them all. I'm not even going to roll saves because even half damage kills these guys.
The sudden eruption of force from where the kobolds are crushes their small bodies against the side-walls of the cavern. Just like that 7 of them lay dead, only the leader is left crawling along the ground, his body ravaged by the spell. He is slowly crawling towards the metal carts in a very pitiful way. He seems in some sort of shock and oblivious to your approach.

There is a slight rumble as the aftershock of the spell reverberates through the rocks and small pebbles and stones loosed from the top of the tunnel fall lightly on the ground.
Nov 3, 2016 7:36 pm
Firn descends into the tunnel at the signal and advances forward until he is within 60 feet of the kobold bodies. He stretches out his hand, attuning to the moisture in the air, and drawing in the heat from around one of the kobolds the leader to envelop it in a layer of frost.
Last edited November 3, 2016 7:37 pm, a total of 1 time

Rolls

Frostbite, CON save vs 15 or take damage and have disadvantage on next attack - (2d6)

( 1, 5 ) = 6

Nov 3, 2016 7:38 pm
OOC:
The leader will try and save against it, but he is at disadvantage because of how messed up he is.

Rolls

Save vs Firn (Disadvantage) - (1d20-1, 1d20-1)

1d20-1 - ( 10 ) - 1 = 9

1d20-1 - ( 8 ) - 1 = 7

Nov 3, 2016 7:39 pm
As the leader tries to slowly crawl away his form is encased from his feet up in a layer of ice. His last breath visibly escapes as a whisp of frost and he is frozen completely solidly.

There are no more kobolds left.
Nov 3, 2016 7:49 pm
Nix steps out of her hiding place, clucking her tongue at her failed psychic attack on the leader. She'd been hoping to interrogate him. Still, she couldn't help but marvel at the team's swift response. She tells them what she heard of the kobolds' plan as she heard it, only adding, "I don't know who it was they kept referring to as 'him'"
Nov 3, 2016 8:10 pm
"Probably Theodore, I would think," Aelar guesses, looking to Bill to see if he shares his theory.
10 of 11
<< First < 8 9 10 11 >

You do not have permission to post in this thread.