GAME CHAT 1: PROLOGUE, Outpost Salvation

load previous
Oct 12, 2022 5:49 pm
Fredo hopefully doesn't noticeably react to the glare from Kalli, but he thinks, Does she know about...about the...wait, the Mourning couldn't have been because of...no, this is just about the choking weapons, I bet.

His face betrays a little tinge of regret, and then he snaps back and says, "We'll sneak in and get the salvage."
Oct 12, 2022 9:28 pm
Waiting until Kalli has gone, "Does anyone have masks? Based on that description, I'm worried that there'll be something in the air."
Oct 12, 2022 11:32 pm
You will need more than mask to survive in Mournland. This appears to be a one day trip so we don't need anything but water. We leave tomorrow morning first light so we can get back before dark. Meet here and don't be late. With a mixed group she uses common.
Oct 13, 2022 12:47 am
Fredo responds: "Sounds good, boss woman!"
Oct 13, 2022 5:31 am
Moisie wrings her hands in excitement. "Until tomorrow then.", she says to the group.

She then turns to Ovak and says in Goblin, "That was the last of my coin, do you have a place to stay tonight?"
Oct 13, 2022 5:54 am
OOC:
DM's choice if it needs to be played out, but Kata will look for accommodations and something to breathe through, whether that be a true gas mask or just some sort of wearable filter.
Oct 13, 2022 3:29 pm
Ovak fairly much ignores Fredo's boss woman which is something Ovak is really good at. Not responding.

Ovak replies back to Moisie in Goblin, "I haven't coins either but I have some furs to sell. Enough to get a room for the night."
Last edited October 13, 2022 3:30 pm
Oct 13, 2022 6:56 pm
Gabrielle watches without further comment as Kalli leaves the table. Once she's out of earshot, Gabrielle turns to Kata.

"I didn't catch your name," says Gabrielle. "But I don't think the air will still be foul, otherwise Kalli would not have lived to tell the tale. We must nevertheless be extremely cautious."

Her eyes flit around the table. Gabrielle leans in confidentially.

"We don't know who else she's sold this lead to," Gabrielle says in hushed tones. "We might not be the only ones seeking what's inside."
Oct 13, 2022 10:58 pm
GM: Feel free to just go with Oval selling her 10 gp of Furs and getting a room & meals for the night. Be there ready for the morning if you wish. It will not bother me.
Oct 14, 2022 6:27 am
Plum says:
"I didn't catch your name," says Gabrielle. "But I don't think the air will still be foul, otherwise Kalli would not have lived to tell the tale. We must nevertheless be extremely cautious."

Her eyes flit around the table. Gabrielle leans in confidentially.

"We don't know who else she's sold this lead to," Gabrielle says in hushed tones. "We might not be the only ones seeking what's inside."
Kata perks up lightly, "Now that I hadn't thought of. Not sure I'll forgo some breath protection anyways."

She unfolds from where she's been leaning on the table. "I'm Kata, and this is Vic, my partner." While her speech is a bit stiff and formal and measured, Vic's motions are much more grand, as if they'd been announced at a gala or ball. They sweep into a bow, with just a slight jerk at the waist belying their machine nature.

"And you are?"
Last edited October 14, 2022 6:28 am
Oct 14, 2022 6:31 pm
"Blackwood," said Gabrielle to Kata, with a muted smile. "Gabrielle Blackwood. Your, er, companion is very impressive. I'm off to the hotel, shall we go as a group?"
Oct 14, 2022 6:57 pm
Mordaky fetched his offering to the group out of his pouch, as well as whatever was needed to cover this round of drinks. "Name's Mordaky, pleasure to meet you all" Mordaky would pay close attention to each person as they introduced themselves, he was attempting to get a read on them.
Oct 14, 2022 7:01 pm
Plum says:
"Blackwood," said Gabrielle to Kata, with a muted smile. "Gabrielle Blackwood. Your, er, companion is very impressive. I'm off to the hotel, shall we go as a group?"
Fredo says, "I think sharing space is a great way to save funds, and stay safe.

"May Malbor and I join you? We won’t take up too much space, I swear! I’m Fredo, by the way. I used to work for the Boromar family."
Oct 14, 2022 7:23 pm
Gabrielle gave Fredo an uncertain look.

"Take up space? Well I'm not certain I take your meaning correctly," she said with a diplomatic tone. "You may by all means accompany us to the hotel but I shall be sleeping alone, so there's no concern about taking up my space."

Gabrielle's face took on a friendly expression.

"Come, let us retire for the night," she said. "We have an early start tomorrow."
Last edited October 14, 2022 7:24 pm
Oct 14, 2022 8:58 pm
Plum says:
"Take up space? Well I'm not certain I take your meaning correctly," she said with a diplomatic tone. "You may by all means accompany us to the hotel but I shall be sleeping alone, so there's no concern about taking up my space."
"Ah, I was also going to ask if you wanted to save funds, but no matter."
Oct 14, 2022 9:38 pm
Mordaky chuckled at the awkwardness of the current conversation. "I am 'appy to also take up space with anyone, but I must confess, I snore"
Oct 14, 2022 11:12 pm
Now that the crowd has thinned. Malbor approaches the stragglers.
"I prefer to be alone." he says. To everyone or no one.
Oct 15, 2022 3:09 am
GeneCortess says:
GM: Feel free to just go with Oval selling her 10 gp of Furs and getting a room & meals for the night. Be there ready for the morning if you wish. It will not bother me.
OOC:
That works 👍
Oct 15, 2022 4:00 am
MelodyMeradin says:
OOC:
DM's choice if it needs to be played out, but Kata will look for accommodations and something to breathe through, whether that be a true gas mask or just some sort of wearable filter.
Kata finds found the following items for sale that provide protection against airborne hazards:
-Necklace of Adaptation: 1,500gp. Requires Attunement
While wearing this necklace, you can breathe normally in any Environment, and you have advantage on Saving Throws made against harmful gases and vapors (such as Cloudkill and Stinking Cloud Effects, inhaled Poisons, and the breath Weapons of some dragons).

-Auran Mask: 60gp Provides a +5 circumstance bonus against inhaled toxins.

Kata may also craft a crude filter that would provide +1 saving throw for airborne toxin. Roll to craft it DC10. If you have a tool Proficiency that would be appropriate add it to the roll.
OOC:
If you fail the roll you won't know it until you would have a use for it.
Oct 15, 2022 4:23 am
OOC:
For those of you the went to the Salvation Hotel there is a new Game Chat for the Salvation Hotel. If you didn't go to the Salvation Hotel, where did you go?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.