Warlock! Character Generation

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous

KCC

Sep 21, 2022 12:07 am
@Jabes.plays.RPG Absolutely willing to part with thief if it’s something you’d enjoy. I also have the Footpad, which isn’t a million miles away. Or the bodyguard, of course.

Happy either way!
Sep 21, 2022 4:47 am
https://i.imgur.com/QYDGs4f.jpg

The Fish Warden!
Sep 21, 2022 4:55 am
So, apologies -- have pounding headache tonight and won't be getting as much done on this game as I'd hoped, but summing up we have:

cowleyc: Dwarven Initiate
Ciriaco: Human Agitator
Jabes: Fish Warden?
KCC: Thief?
Len: Human Road Warden

Look right so far? Anything I can help with to get things finalized?

For those filling out and submitting character sheets, thanks, getting those accepted and will have a more careful look over them tomorrow. No questions about the rest of chargen, the skills and such? Sheet working okay?

KCC

Sep 21, 2022 9:49 am
Who are the Cult of the Stag, and what do they want??

You mess with the Bull Stag, you get the horns antlers…
Sep 21, 2022 12:39 pm
KCC says:
@Jabes.plays.RPG Absolutely willing to part with thief if it’s something you’d enjoy. I also have the Footpad, which isn’t a million miles away. Or the bodyguard, of course.

Happy either way!
Thanks, but I quite like the novelty of the Fish Warden concept. 🎣🤠👍
[ +- ] Some character art
Sep 21, 2022 1:19 pm
KCC says:
Who are the Cult of the Stag, and what do they want??

You mess with the Bull Stag, you get the horns antlers…
I've been thinking that since cowleyc is playing an initiate and we're looking for character connections, I may switch 'Stag' out for 'Dragon' if Harrigan doesn't mind.

Len

Sep 21, 2022 3:54 pm
Harrigan says:
Len: Human Road Warden
Yep, looks good. No worries about taking your time, gives me more time to endlessly search for character art :D And read about the world, too. Hope you feel better soon.
Sep 21, 2022 11:08 pm
All good on that switch, Ciri — and the same holds true for other minor elements people want to switch up. Love that character art, Jabes!
Sep 22, 2022 1:40 pm
I just recently replayed part of the Dark Eye: Blackguards video game, and it has a paranoid dwarf who is always muttering about dragons. I'm definitely feeling inspired by that.

I'm thinking Rausimod might blame everything on dragons, believe everything is tied to dragons, and think every scaled monster is a dragon. Dragon with a little d, not capital, if that makes any sense. Not going overboard with it, I hope, but be prepared for your characters to be accused of being in league with dragons...

Foghorn

Jabes.plays.RPG

Sep 22, 2022 1:53 pm
Foghorn

"Boy, I say, boy, is this sort of silliness alright, or does it not fit the tone you're going for?"
Last edited September 23, 2022 5:08 am
Sep 22, 2022 1:59 pm
"Ye've been consortin' with them sea drakes again, haven't ye?"

"...you mean fishing?"
Sep 22, 2022 4:21 pm
Quote:
Each career comes with five skills -- spread 10 points among them... 
Are those added to the 4 that's already there?
Sep 22, 2022 7:56 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Quote:
Each career comes with five skills -- spread 10 points among them... 
Are those added to the 4 that's already there?
Yes. Well, really, added to the 4, 5, or 6.

All skills start at 4. In Step 2, at the top of this thread, you assign ten skills at 6, ten at 5, then leave the rest at 4. Then, in Step 6, you add ten points across your 5-6 career skills.

E.g., you could decide to mark Swimming at 6 in Step 2, for example, then spend 4pts in Step 10 and raise it to 10. Make sense?
Sep 22, 2022 10:54 pm
https://i.imgur.com/a4psXTi.png

I've decided my Road Warden will be a woman named Trusova. Adding descriptors: Audacious, Pragmatic, Optimistic

"I wanted to live the life, a different life. I didn’t want to go to the same place every day and see the same people and do the same job. I wanted interesting challenges. So, I enlisted with the Road Wardens, heh. Damn, but I learned to be careful what you wish for."
OOC:
The first part of that text is actually a quote from Harrison Ford :D But it seems like it fit
Last edited September 22, 2022 11:04 pm
Sep 23, 2022 4:12 am
Quote:
All skills start at 4. In Step 2, at the top of this thread, you assign ten skills at 6, ten at 5, then leave the rest at 4. Then, in Step 6, you add ten points across your 5-6 career skills.
Haha! I'm sorry, I realize now that my brain skipped Step 2 and went straight to Step 6. 😅

KCC

Sep 23, 2022 4:14 am
"That Rubrix is a crook. And I should know; like knows like."
Sep 23, 2022 5:02 am
Cool, Len, and no worries, Jabes! Submit that character when you can and we'll be almost ready to roll. Should see the first post out this weekend.

Get all your (amusing) colored and fonted dialog text out here, KCC, because there will be none of that in the game. =]
Added some entries to the Gazetteer for anyone wanting to know a little more about The Kingdom or the city of Grim Biskerstaf. Forgive typos (which Saunders is well-known for) and copy/paste errors on my part!

Foghorn

Jabes.plays.RPG

Sep 23, 2022 5:09 am
Foghorn
"Boy, I say, boy, is this sort of silliness alright, or does it not fit the tone you're going for?"
Last edited September 23, 2022 5:09 am

KCC

Sep 23, 2022 5:42 am
Boo! I just read multiple walls of silly font!

"Lordlings can give it, but they can’t take it, I always say!"
Sep 23, 2022 5:54 am
Heh. I strongly considered not doing that, but this game seems to be the right game to be a hypocrite in... ;)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.