Tiny Dungeon / EZD6

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Oct 15, 2022 2:04 pm
This is a better description.

https://i.imgur.com/Ip9FbnJ.png
Oct 15, 2022 2:12 pm
Here's the original version that text two posts up:

https://i.imgur.com/IpTsf6O.png

Off to get the new PDF!
Oct 15, 2022 2:13 pm
Harrigan says:
I know Bahr has iterated over this a couple of times in more recent games.
Yeah, there have been many iterations on the zone and weapon rules. I think he is planning on releasing errata for all the games to bring them up to date. The Tiny Dungeon update a few weeks ago brought it up to date, but I don't know what the plans are for the many other TinyD6 games that are out there.
Oct 15, 2022 2:51 pm
Nabbed it. Has much else changed? I would say feel free to PM me rather than us continuing to clog up Gary's thread, but it's sort of pertinent?
Oct 15, 2022 3:28 pm
squid says:
Yep. Here is the section where the difference is between heavy and light weapons.

https://i.imgur.com/NQYXakR.png
@squid What version is that in?
So as a relative newbie I have a couple questions
1. Do most games with improved damage use damage reducing armor?
2. How does increased damage output affect the game?
I am planning on a goblin character and the higher damage could take me out quickly.
3. Do monsters attack as if they have mastery of their natural weapons?
Last edited October 15, 2022 3:49 pm
Oct 15, 2022 4:06 pm
@garyd20 is this the recruitment thread you mentioned?
Oct 15, 2022 4:16 pm
Hit the top of the first page and you'll see Gary's note on wanting to run a game, yep. Tiny Dungeon or EZD6. (I'm running an EZD6 duet at the moment and it's easy-breezy in PbP. Dig it.)
Oct 15, 2022 4:38 pm
Psybermagi says:
So as a relative newbie I have a couple questions
1. Do most games with improved damage use damage reducing armor?
2. How does increased damage output affect the game?
I am planning on a goblin character and the higher damage could take me out quickly.
3. Do monsters attack as if they have mastery of their natural weapons?
I've run "improved" damage with Armor Master and/or damage reducing armor. Either way, it makes combat run a bit hotter. However, it does not significantly impact goblin characters because Goblin Agility is really a pretty powerful trait - justifying the 5 hp.

When I DM, I run Fodder-Medium threat opponents as proficient with their weapons, tough guys (High+ threat) have mastered them.
Oct 15, 2022 4:53 pm
Gary, let us know if you want all this rules discussion elsewhere.

In my experience, Tiny Dungeon is actually a game where being outnumbered can turn things south in a hurry for the PCs -- even against fodder, if you're using them "striaght" / as-written. Each one having two actions they can use for attacks, and rolling 2d6? Rough stuff.

Unless I'm going for a grittier feel, I prefer to limit the fodder in a couple of ways -- first, they attack at Disadvantage (1d6), and while I give them two actions, they can only attack once.

Such a great system to tinker with in this way... though I'd admit I think it loses something once too many changes are made. The minimalist part of it is what initially attracted me.
Oct 15, 2022 4:58 pm
Harrigan says:
Nabbed it. Has much else changed? I would say feel free to PM me rather than us continuing to clog up Gary's thread, but it's sort of pertinent?
Harrigan says:
No, no, please continue. This is an interesting conversation.
Oct 15, 2022 4:59 pm
Giving Fodder disadvantage is a great idea when there are a lot of them. When there are only a few, why bother rolling if they're not at least proficient?

Responding to an issue further up this thread, I don't think that I've ever used the Crits rules. @squid might be able to answer that for the game I ran for him.
Oct 15, 2022 5:01 pm
tibbius says:
@garyd20 is this the recruitment thread you mentioned?
Ah, you made it. Yes, this is it.
Oct 15, 2022 9:25 pm
Harrigan says:
Here's a quick rundown of what Alan said was changed:

* Notably, the combat system has been updated to reflect the new standard GKG has used since 2021.
* Zones have been updated to the new ranges system.
* Initiative has been updated to the new system.
* Traits have been updated to correspond as appropriate with the changes above (Berserker the most notably).
* Minor typos and errata have been made throughout the book for clarity.
* The Home Sweet Home microsetting has been tweaked to address a layout issue that cut off and repeated part of the text.
Oct 15, 2022 9:30 pm
tibbius says:
Responding to an issue further up this thread, I don't think that I've ever used the Crits rules. @squid might be able to answer that for the game I ran for him.
If I recall, we didn't use crits in your game @tibbius. I haven't officially used crits either because I used the "improved" damage system discussed earlier. Good rolls are naturally rewarded. For failures, we just let the situation dictate when something dramatic should happen on a fail.
Oct 15, 2022 9:34 pm
Psybermagi says:

@squid What version is that in?
The latest version which was updated a few weeks ago. If you purchased the PDF through DTRPG you can download the updated version from your library.
Oct 16, 2022 12:31 am
It's too bad and a little strange that Alan didn't change the file -- it's still "v4" despite some pretty significant updates. Thanks for listing those out, squid. I used to follow that Discord and chat with Bahr regularly (reviewed early versions of Tiny Supers for him), but I've drifted from the GKG fold in the last year or two.

I'm glad to see he finally changed the way initiative works -- I first suggested he change to Barbarians of Lemuria / The Black Hack style init back like 2-3 years ago, and he initially scoffed at the time. ;)

Now I need to resist ordering a new hardcopy...
Oct 16, 2022 12:43 am
No problem Harrigan. The amount of time I spend playing TD6 games has dropped significantly over the past year or so. I've been finding more rules-lite games that better suit my current style of play. I still really enjoy the TD6 suite of games, but I focus more of my time elsewhere.

I grabbed a hard copy of ATD. I'm debating on getting a hard copy of the newly updated Tiny Dungeons.
Oct 22, 2022 5:49 pm
Ok, sorry for the delay. I'm going to be sending out invites in the next day or two for those who are still interested. So, for those that still are let me know and I'll send you an invite.
Last edited October 22, 2022 5:49 pm
Oct 22, 2022 5:49 pm
OOC:
Raises hand
Oct 22, 2022 6:11 pm
Thumbs up
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.