Feb 16, 2024 4:31 pm
done
Feb 16, 2024 4:57 pm
Perfect! Thanks!
Feb 21, 2024 10:28 pm
I'm browsing Valpip's shop and have a quick question:
[ +- ] Fortune Teller's Hide Armor : 100 GP
[ +- ] Feinting Hide Armor : 100 GP
In the description of Fortune Teller's Hide Armor... that advantage means rolling with 3d6, right? If that's the case, I'm considering getting that one instead of the Feinting Hide Armor, as I don't evade as often as a Duende, but want a reason to attempt an evade every now and then, and 3d6 is a solid reason, even if it's just once a day.
Last edited February 21, 2024 10:28 pm
Feb 21, 2024 10:32 pm
Is that one still there? I know Ealdwig and Grin picked up one of those each earlier. Could we get folks to craft something cool with the crystals as a crafting component? How would they work? The crystals were described as:

"All of the smaller crystals an innately magical, or psionic if you prefer, and can be used in crafting mystical equipments. On their own they are as useful as a lump of unforged mithril."
Last edited February 21, 2024 10:42 pm
Feb 21, 2024 10:38 pm
Right. That would be even cooler. Crafting with the crystals, I mean
Last edited February 21, 2024 10:39 pm
Feb 21, 2024 10:42 pm
Yeah, maybe we can add them to existing gear and it would give us some sort of buff.
Feb 21, 2024 10:53 pm
Yeah, both of those armors were taken after the big multi-team fight. I don't remember who got which, though. But they are both gone, and each to a Duende, so the synergy is pretty good for both.
Feb 21, 2024 11:01 pm
Oh, I see. I think I misunderstood Valpip's store as "permanently available items that you can buy". I prefer the fact that the stock is limited, though
Feb 21, 2024 11:11 pm
I’m wearing the fortune teller’s hide armor. Actually, where do I find that store? Valpip’s I mean.

Also, what is there to save up for in terms of money? Scrolls?
Last edited February 21, 2024 11:17 pm
Feb 22, 2024 2:53 am
Scrolls are good and very expensive. However, since no one but Skeeve has Scroll Reader, their utility will be extremely limited to anyone else.

However, potions are good. While having a Healer is really good between combats, having some healing potions for during combat can be useful. Also, there are other potions besides just healing that can give some nice consumable short-term benefits.

And do remember that those magic items were what he had handy while down in the caverns. Up in his actual workshop, I imagine there are even more goods to spend your money on!

And, if you start getting too much money, I am sure that Psybermagi will come up with many more things to drain your money from you! 🤣
Feb 22, 2024 2:55 am
Cool beans!
Feb 22, 2024 4:23 am
oh, have you ever heard of the glitter monster? A deranged hybrid between a dragon and rust monster. <evil laugh!>

@Bunt, sorry I need up update the shop. Those were sold out. But as a reward I will make sure to include an armor or two for you to review. I will post updates in a bit
Feb 22, 2024 4:31 am
The stores are located in the ~Tiny Info~ which has a bunch of information for quick reference and can be accessed by tapping the grey button below the Rolls section
https://i.imgur.com/t8yLGy8.png or opening it from the Characters menus at the bottom of the page. Additional information can be added here upon request.

Magical trinkets, like what you start with, are common but the more powerful the magic item the rarer it is. Some of the veteran in the game have multiple minor items that are very handy at times.
Mar 11, 2024 1:08 am
Heads up. Looks like there will not be anyone migrating to another game. With a couple of drop outs and some help I should be able to manage the rest of you lott :)
Thanks to those who volunteered and/or were willing to do so.
Mar 11, 2024 1:09 am
Sounds good! You and Daryen are awesome! Thanks for working so hard to keep it up.
Mar 11, 2024 8:16 am
*Hands wave in the air, cheering*
Mar 11, 2024 1:18 pm
I am releasing some additional traits for use that were previously under discussion.
These include :
Weapon specialization : gain focus for free with 1 mastered weapon
Weapon Savant (Prestige trait) : gain attack & defense options based on specific weapon/armor emphasis selected
Mar 11, 2024 2:22 pm
Cool! Two questions:

If I already roll 3d6 for a ranged shot from specialization and then add Weapon adept technique from a martial trait, does that give me 4d6 to an attack?

With the sniper trait, would that negate disadvantage from darkness or the like?
Mar 11, 2024 2:39 pm
Thunder_Lungz says:
If I already roll 3d6 for a ranged shot from specialization and then add Weapon adept technique from a martial trait, does that give me 4d6 to an attack?
No. If you are Proficient in Light Melee and have Weapon Mastery with battle axe, then you only get to use 3d6 when you use a battle axe. But, if you have Weapon Adept, then you use 3d6 with any Light Melee weapon: battle axe, sword, spear, dagger, mace, etc. In effect, it means you now have Weapon Mastery across the whole group, rather than just one weapon. And if you gain Weapon Mastery with a weapon in another weapon group, say Ranged, then you suddenly get to use 3d6 with any ranged weapon.

As a side note, if you ever think something gives you 4d6 for a Test, either you read it wrong or it was written wrong. You can only ever get 3d6 for a Test.

Let me give examples.
- If you have Weapon Proficiency in Light Melee weapons and Weapon Mastery with axe, then you roll 3d6 with an axe, but 2d6 for any other Light Melee weapon, and 1d6 for Ranged and Heavy Melee weapons. Add in Weapon Adept and you roll 3d6 for all Light Melee weapons, but still only 1d6 for Ranged and Heavy Melee weapons.
- If you have Weapon Proficiency in Light Melee weapons and Ranged weapons, and Weapon Mastery with bow, then you roll 3d6 with with a bow, 2d6 for any other Ranged weapon, 2d6 for any Light Melee weapon, and 1d6 for any Heavy Melee weapon. Add in Weapon Adept and you roll 3d6 for all Ranged weapons, 2d6 for all Light Melee weapons, and 1d6 for all Heavy Melee weapons.
- If you have Weapon Proficiency in Light Melee weapons and Ranged weapons, and Weapon Mastery with both bow and short sword, then you roll 3d6 with a bow or short sword, 2d6 for any other Ranged weapon or Light Melee weapon, and 1d6 for all Heavy Melee weapons. Add in Weapon Adept and now you roll 3d6 for any Ranged or Light Melee weapon, and 1d6 for all Heavy Melee weapons.
Thunder_Lungz says:
With the sniper trait, would that negate disadvantage from darkness or the like?
It would appear so. So, darkness, or very close range or very distant range no longer impose disadvantage with your ranged weapon.
Last edited March 11, 2024 2:48 pm
Mar 11, 2024 2:46 pm
Got it! Sounds awesome!
daryen says:

It would appear so. So, darkness, or very close range or very distant range no longer impose disadvantage with your ranged weapon.
Wow. Very cool.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.