The Base / New Paphos

load previous
May 7, 2024 4:40 pm
Thunder_Lungz says:
Of course, the crystal is yours my friend! And, yes! Come with us to the Underdark! Let me tell you all about it at the tavern. First, Oliver, Brewner and I need to sort out a couple things with the clerk, then we’ll join you at the tavern.
Sounds good grin. See you there.

Ealdwig starts heading toward the tavern, he pauses for a second, Arc, do you mind if we stop by at Fiznik's first? I want to see if we can turn this crystal he holds it up into a communication device. He smiles at the thought. Can you imagine this little crystal can help you speak to someone who isn't right next to you? Maybe we can get one for Blornvid and we can have a chat occasionally.
May 7, 2024 6:10 pm
Cathamber says:

I'm sorry Blornvid to see you leave, but I understand that you need to do something special now. I trust we will meet again at that manor, or maybe here at the Base in the future. Take good care my friend!
"Thank you, Arc. Feel free to stop by anytime. And safe travels out there."
May 7, 2024 6:19 pm
Arkmenos says:

Ealdwig is a little lost for words. He hasn't had too many friends in his life and losing, well that's not the right word, but it's what it feels like at the moment, one is hard. It's not a feeling he is acquainted with. He says it's only temporary. I'll see him again when I head back to the Manor. It's not like he's gone forever.

Feeling emotional and confused by it, are you sure? We're going to miss you, and that axe of yours. It's gotten us out of some trouble in the past. Ealdwig tries hard to keep the smile on his face.
"I'm sure, lad. Don't you worry. Me and my axe will be back when you need us."
Arkmenos says:
Alright, you get the forge working and clean out the field house. Save me a good room will ya'. I'll be back there soon enough.

Ealdwig, then hustles off to hide his emotions and heads to the serving girl. He orders three ales. With his small hands he struggles to carry the three tankards back to Blornvid and Skeeve. He makes it back to the small group with most of it intact. He passes them out.

Cheers! and proceeds to drink quickly.
"I'll save the best rooms for you and Skeeve. Top floor with a view. And I'll make sure there aren't any spiders." He adds a wink and raises a mug to toast his friends.
Last edited May 7, 2024 6:20 pm
May 7, 2024 8:54 pm
ForeverDED says:
"I'll save the best rooms for you and Skeeve. Top floor with a view. And I'll make sure there aren't any spiders." He adds a wink and raises a mug to toast his friends.
Smiling broadly, great, I hate spiders. And he raises his tankard to toast with his friends.
May 7, 2024 10:30 pm
Hey, I would like to have a nice room with a view too! Hahaha said Arc joking
See you soon big axe

And then, to Ealdwig Sure we can visit Fiznik, just lead the way.
May 8, 2024 12:05 am
Um, great. Ealdwig stops, spins around slowly, trying to figure out where it is. Then starts walking in the general direction that Grin came from, having no idea where he's going. We'll find it sooner or later.
Last edited May 8, 2024 12:06 am
May 8, 2024 1:31 am
OOC:
Heads up. the Base thread will be changing names to "New Paphos"
May 8, 2024 6:53 am
"Yes, my friend, Oliver and I are already been talking to the clerk, we await his evaluation, i am in need of some extra gold"
May 8, 2024 12:26 pm
"Ealdwig! It's great to see you in one piece! And wow you really have undergone some adventures since the last time we met. A glitching training center!?"

"And sure, let's meet at the tavern once we solve these small duties. Also, if you want a communicator, you might want two of them. Arc, was it? If those black wings are more than just decor, I think you will find this very useful for scouting and keeping some ground communication."

And he handed another small crystal to Arc.

clerk

Psybermagi

May 8, 2024 12:35 pm
clerk

Phlan thanks you for your assistance and calls the clerk to see you out.

The youth asks if you need anything else and urges you to move along if notIf you are done with official business I suggest you take your business elsewhere
OOC:
no need for spoilers when just chatting. Most of the separate issues have been resolved.
May 8, 2024 2:01 pm
OOC:
looks like we’ve all switched places. I’m starting to get a bit turned around. If I understand correctly, Grin, Oliver and Brewner are in the Clerk’s office awaiting some reward for the goblin Crystal solving.

Ealdwig, et al., are at Fiznik’s to request the creation of two communicators using small crystals they’ve been gifted.

Then once that’s all sorted, we can chill for a bit and exchange stories at the tavern, then go back to adventuring.
Last edited May 8, 2024 2:01 pm
May 8, 2024 2:24 pm
OOC:
Yeah if you want to RP it. daryen will take care of the underdark rewards and communicators are on backorder but if you drop off your crystals they will get done
Valpip says:
Well, it will take at least 5 days for a pair of communication devices. After that a day for each one made. Total cost, 25 gold per device.
With 6? communicators now thats 5+4=9 ~ 1 tenday week We can just FF and say you all do odd jobs and relax for a bit while organizing for the next adventure.
[ +- ] Valpip & Fiznik
May 8, 2024 2:53 pm
OOC:
Cool! I had assumed we would not get the communicators until we return from our next adventures, but happy to give the characters some down time. Grin wanted to build a sand castle by the docks, so we can tick that off.
May 8, 2024 3:09 pm
OOC:
Lets face it, most people who have to risk their lives for their jobs tend to REALLY get into their down time. It's very stressful trying not to die. Plus you have those with lots of cash fluidity appreciating the leasure. Adventurers are both so yeah. Plus there are things like training, reading, equipment reapair,etc that people need but ususally gets hand waved in RPG
May 8, 2024 3:20 pm
Thunder_Lungz says:
OOC:
Cool! I had assumed we would not get the communicators until we return from our next adventures, but happy to give the characters some down time. Grin wanted to build a sand castle by the docks, so we can tick that off.
OOC:
LOL! I'll join you!
May 8, 2024 3:24 pm
OOC:
I assume that Ealdwig finally finds Fiznick's shop.
They can all talk with eachother? is there a way to know who you are reaching out to? Or will everyone hear everything you say? Ealdwig thinks about the ramifications for a minute. Arc, what do you think? It'll be good to be able to communicate with everyone, especially if someone or something is needed, but if you're trying to be sneaky and someone talks, it could become trouble.
May 8, 2024 3:30 pm
OOC:
Downtime is fine with me. We could make Grin's sandcastle, and we could go see Guflis (sp?). I know some wanted to meet them.

Before he leaves and heads back to the manor, Ealdwig will ask Blronvid to teach him how to take the best care of his sword and dagger. Then he'll use part of the downtime to clean and sharpen his tools. He'll also practice with his bow. He is dreadful with that, definitely needs the practice. Anyone around here who can train him to use it properly?

Valpip (artificer)

Psybermagi

May 8, 2024 3:42 pm
Valpip (artificer)
As I told the others, Simple silent short range communication only has a range of about 100 to 300 feet. And yes, all holders of linked devices hear everything passed to the device. The holder of the device decides what to say to the other devices and any in range will hear it. If you want more control over who hears what then that will cost more. That's why I asked if you wanted them all to link or if you wanted separate sets. Only linked devices in a set can communicate with each other.
May 8, 2024 4:31 pm
Ealdwig is fascinated by the magic behind these items. Ok so only a range of 100 to 300 ft. In that case, I would think they should all communicate. You shouldn't have anyone blowing up a mission if the range is that close. You'd all be in on it, already. He turns to Arc, Do you agree?
May 8, 2024 9:23 pm
Arc was somehow impressed with the sudden amount of adventurers, and mostly because everyone knew everyone else! Arc felt like a kid's first day in school... and arriving a week late!
Anyhow, he loves it!!! The camaraderie, the friendship, the essential feeling that even in different missions we all belong to the same brotherhood.

Oliver, right? Of course my wings are decor! Said smiling But they are also functional... they unintendedly named me the scout of the team, which I do enjoy. Very generous of you to give us the crystal, they will definitely come handy. Can't wait to get to the tavern, so I can hear all about your cave exploration. Arc has always been both curious and cautious with anything related to the underground, he would happily listen to it all but never get himself to walk there.

Ealdwig, I'm all in on this communication-magic-crystal-fartalk-things, whatever they may be called. Although, I don't have much in terms of cash. I expected that our debrief of finding would address that, but I haven't heard from Skeeve yet. And considering the range... it shouldn't be a problem for sneaky situations. I agree!

In the downtime, Arc will be happy to train Ealdwig with the bow. He will also look for training himself, either to learn to Psionics or Healing... if both are possible, he will go for Psionics now.
OOC:
Is this downtime appropriate to heal all wounds, get XP points, train a new skill, buy a house in the swamp and all those nice OCC tasks we need to address to prepare our next mission?

Also, out of curiosity, how far is the Manor from the Base? And how much time does it usually take to walk there?
Last edited May 8, 2024 9:39 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.