Discworld

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 9, 2023 4:23 pm
any1 got any discworld games going?
Last edited January 9, 2023 4:41 pm
Jan 9, 2023 4:42 pm
I don't know what system discworld is, but it would work so well with Risus
Jan 9, 2023 4:44 pm
or ATRIM! ... or, perhaps, One in a Million.
Jan 9, 2023 4:52 pm
not heard of any of them.... and i thought i knew a bit about RPGs :-O
Jan 9, 2023 7:41 pm
I once had a diskworld GURPS book. I don't know where it is now :(

Len

Jan 9, 2023 11:17 pm
I've never played this, but someone's put a lot of work into this free Discworld rpg.
Jan 10, 2023 3:13 am
I love the books. Didn't know there was a game. I want to be the sapient pearwood coat rack.
Jan 10, 2023 11:52 am
have actually read most of that gurps book. a friend of mine has it. from what i can remember of the book, it is inferior to this guy's efforts.....

so to answer my question, it does not look like any1 here on GP is playing/running this..... shame :-(
Jan 10, 2023 12:14 pm
I remember it was very hard to get the right tone or humor
Jan 10, 2023 12:36 pm
Morlaf says:
so to answer my question, it does not look like any1 here on GP is playing/running this..... shame :-(
You can always be the first!
But I can imagine the tone being difficult, like Rune says
Jan 10, 2023 1:10 pm
If you want the game to capture the humor of the books I would think it would all be about the players in the game and how it is run. Not for serious gamers.
@Morlaf if you plan to run a game I would be interested.
Jan 10, 2023 1:17 pm
Psybermagi says:
If you want the game to capture the humor of the books I would think it would all be about the players in the game and how it is run. Not for serious gamers.
@Morlaf if you plan to run a game I would be interested.
And you would have to define what kind of diskworld tone you are aiming for. The first few books was very random, but later Sir Terry settled down a bit.
Jan 10, 2023 1:25 pm
I'd think that limiting it to Ankh Morpork might be by far the easier choice rather than sprawling all over the place.
Jan 10, 2023 1:26 pm
"Fire roared through the bifurcated city of Ankh-Morpork."
is an amazing plot hook.....
;-)
Jan 10, 2023 2:49 pm
Usu my players make it partway through session 1 before burning down the house, it would be interesting to start with that
Jan 10, 2023 4:20 pm
tibbius says:
Usu my players make it partway through session 1 before burning down the house, it would be interesting to start with that
hhahaahah that was terrific dude!!

Apparently Terry used to play DnD. I recon he was a total nightmare player :-D
Jan 10, 2023 5:24 pm
Now I'm in the mood for dwarven bread/shield
Jan 10, 2023 9:21 pm
Morlaf says:
tibbius says:
hhahaahah that was terrific dude!!

Apparently Terry used to play DnD. I recon he was a total nightmare player :-D
I was joking, I don't recall my players ever setting a city on fire. ... o.t.o.h. ... I once was a player in a Ravenlofty game that wound up in a city of vampires ... and decided to "Cleanse the City".
Jan 13, 2023 9:01 pm
Len says:
I've never played this, but someone's put a lot of work into this free Discworld rpg.
he explains you need 2d10 dice a d4 and a d6. what? no d8 dice in a discworld game? i think he may have missed a trick there.
time to create a d8-based game
;-)
Jan 13, 2023 9:32 pm
Morlaf says:
Len says:
he explains you need 2d10 dice a d4 and a d6. what? no d8 dice in a discworld game? i think he may have missed a trick there.
time to create a d8-based game
;-)
IIRC, the 8th color (at least in the first book) is often thought of as unlucky for those who see it. And the sender of * is not to be named.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.