Discworld

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Jan 13, 2023 10:05 pm
Isn't the 8th color the color of magic?
Then again every wizard is personally collected by Death
Last edited January 13, 2023 10:06 pm
Jan 13, 2023 10:13 pm
Surely it should use a D1,000,000.
Jan 13, 2023 10:19 pm
Dirigible says:
Surely it should use a D1,000,000.
game can't start till you roll a 1,000,000
;-)
Last edited January 13, 2023 10:19 pm
Jan 14, 2023 3:30 am
I loved those books so much. Sir Terry's wit and humanity dripped, oozed, and exuded from pretty much all of his characters.
Jan 14, 2023 8:55 am
The d8 is hidden from mere mortals --as it should be. They are used in the Cost of Magic system in the optional Rules of Casting Spells.
Jan 14, 2023 10:53 am
vagueGM says:
The d8 is hidden from mere mortals --as it should be. They are used in the Cost of Magic system in the optional Rules of Casting Spells.
nice!
not got that far!
Jan 14, 2023 11:42 am
Morlaf says:
...not got that far!
The rules are a tad incoherent. :(
Jan 14, 2023 2:12 pm
vagueGM says:
Morlaf says:
...not got that far!
The rules are a tad incoherent. :(
Hi! I started noting an influx of new downloads of my game, and I found this thread, thank you all for checking it out! Hope you like it!

I just got very very curious about what you see as possible improvements to "the creation of belief" rules, in what way are they perceived as incoherent, etc.
Jan 14, 2023 2:53 pm
jochergames says:
... "the creation of belief" rules, in what way are they perceived as incoherent, etc.
The rest is purely subjective --and the difficulty in mimicking a Pratchettian tone is not insignificant-- so all I can really point out is that the optional rules are sorta hard to find, after you restructured the page to get 'rid of the clutter' all the references to the optional rules still take us back to the main game's download page, but those downloads are not there anymore. I only found them due to my habit of --after liking a game-- opening the links to 'view all by' and 'related games' and found them there. It is not immediately obvious that The Creation of Belief is related to One in a Million (small dark text), or that it is the 'Optional Magic Rules' spoken about in the main game's page. Things are called by different names in different places.

It is not a big deal (hence 'tad':) and I have not played this game, nor fully read it, but I am not confident of my ability to bring it to the table. But then, I am not sure any ruleset could do Pratchett justice. I do applaud the effort.
Jan 14, 2023 5:59 pm
vagueGM says:
jochergames says:
... "the creation of belief" rules, in what way are they perceived as incoherent, etc.
The rest is purely subjective --and the difficulty in mimicking a Pratchettian tone is not insignificant-- so all I can really point out is that the optional rules are sorta hard to find, after you restructured the page to get 'rid of the clutter' all the references to the optional rules still take us back to the main game's download page, but those downloads are not there anymore. I only found them due to my habit of --after liking a game-- opening the links to 'view all by' and 'related games' and found them there. It is not immediately obvious that The Creation of Belief is related to One in a Million (small dark text), or that it is the 'Optional Magic Rules' spoken about in the main game's page. Things are called by different names in different places.

It is not a big deal (hence 'tad':) and I have not played this game, nor fully read it, but I am not confident of my ability to bring it to the table. But then, I am not sure any ruleset could do Pratchett justice. I do applaud the effort.
Thanks! I get it, you mean that the presentation or structure to get the actual rules or to even understand they exist is off. I can see that! I'll do some work soon to clarify and make it more obvious.
Jan 15, 2023 1:38 am
As I said let’s start a disc worldish game via Risus.

Gods, imagine the cliches!

Summoning ludicrous chaos magic (4)
In touch with the turtle (3)
Vomit spells and lore (2)
Last edited January 15, 2023 2:12 pm
Jan 15, 2023 7:53 am
this is a truly magnificent thread!
Jan 15, 2023 8:05 am
Valdus says:
As I said let’s start a disc worldish game via Risus.

Gods, imagine the cliches!

Summoning ludicrous chaos magic (4)
In touch with the turtle (3)
Vomit spells and lore (2
no idea what all this meant so i am downloading risus now :-D
Jan 15, 2023 3:57 pm
this dude joined GP just to comment on this thread. Achievemetn unlocked!
https://i.imgur.com/6t6S7Bj.png
Jan 15, 2023 4:16 pm
Now he can run a game for all of you in this thread 😉
Jan 15, 2023 5:27 pm
I have the discworld freakin GUIDE. I will rule over a savage land.

(by the way bowlofspinach, as a Cuban I find your avatar freakin' delicioso!)
Jan 15, 2023 7:19 pm
Morlaf says:
this dude joined GP just to comment on this thread. Achievemetn unlocked!
https://i.imgur.com/6t6S7Bj.png
Haha, yeah I did! I mean no possibility to write without an account, plus an excuse to get to know the forum. :)
Jan 15, 2023 9:45 pm
i know there is a whole sub forum about board games but this is about discworld so here goes: the missus and I have been playing The Witches, Guards Guards! and Ankh Morpork the board games. they are a lot of fun too!
Jan 15, 2023 11:25 pm
I have been searching for a copy of "Guards! Guards!", I actually have made a supplement/expansion to "The Witches" that I never published anywhere. I like Ankh-Morpork a lot, it is one of those games I use to introduce people to slightly more advanced systems. Because it has the look and feel of complexity but plays really easily, and introduces new players through a good learning curve (IMHO).
Jan 16, 2023 7:53 am
yeah, we originally suffered with Ankh Morport but now a game with 2 ppl takes just a few minutes. I would love to play it with 4 ppl. I'd be very interested in the expansion for The Witches. does it introduces more problems to solve? more Witches that you can play as? more locations with problems?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.