OOC Discussion

load previous
Jul 3, 2015 12:55 pm
Correct. It's a replacement system, not an addition system. You roll better dice, not more dice. Though I think you add an extra Green if your skill exceeds your stat. So if you have Brawn 2 and Brawl 3 you roll two yellow and a green. I think.
Jul 3, 2015 1:09 pm
Yeah, the bigger number between characteristic/skill is the total number of green dice, then you exchange an green dice for yellow dice equal to the smaller number. When upgrading, you either exchange green/purple for yellow/red, or if you have all yellow/red add another green/purple to the pool—till you've exhausted the number of upgrades. Downgrading checks is the same but in reverse.
Jul 3, 2015 3:51 pm
Does the trooper's armor have any ranged defense or do they just add soak? I can't remember.
I'm ok with going second. I'm also ok with running away. :)
Last edited July 3, 2015 3:51 pm
Jul 3, 2015 4:13 pm
The Trooper's armor provides soak only. These are just basic mooks to chase you guys off. ;)
Jul 6, 2015 2:04 pm
So is there anything around that I might be able to shoot that would block the Stormtroopers from getting to us? Something explode-y like some fuel cells lying around or a disgruntled Ronto or an archway in disrepair that is just waiting to fall on the heads of some unlucky stormtroopers?
Also, what does the Destiny Pool look like right now?
Jul 6, 2015 6:02 pm
Thrak, just so you ain't freaking out thinking I'm trying to take on the whole Imperial Army, Khan's goal is to kill the officer and book it from the troopers.
Jul 6, 2015 6:19 pm
I'd imagine that if you roll enough advantages there definitely will be, Thrak.
Jul 6, 2015 6:39 pm
Seven is mediocre at best in combat(and he knows it), which is part of the reason he left his family/pack. As a player, I'm totally cool with what you are doing, but Seven is definitely freaking out in a "why did I ever leave home?" -kind of way. In combat, a fair fight is the last thing he wants. He would prefer to have the upper hand in some way.

Edit: If I may suggest. You might want to spend your advantage to give me a boost die or the stormtroopers a setback die. Maybe one of your shots hit a wall and the dust & debris is making them an easier target or whatever.
Last edited July 6, 2015 6:43 pm
Jul 7, 2015 12:05 am
Destiny: 6 Light / 4 Dark

Seven, Khan, and Eliasan are in one of the oversized corridors of the spaceport between the hub areas and the individual docking bays. So your characters are simply trying to get to the Turtle, and you're caught up in the mix of troopers searching the bays. There are crates, conduits, lights, and maybe a random droid in your local area. If you shoot a conduit (Easy difficulty) I'll grant an environmental setback die to the troopers for trouble with visibility. The same goes for lights. However, if you get enough advantage/success I'll consider it that you hit a power conduit on the ceiling near the troopers.

Actually, since Seven is decent at mechanics... how about taking an abandoned load lifter and setting its powercells to overload—then pushing it at the troops. Make an Average (2P) mechanics check and I'll consider it successful.
Jul 7, 2015 2:56 am
Ooo. I like the idea of creating a runaway load lifter.
Jul 13, 2015 5:51 am
Khan's just gunna get the doc settled in if we're taking off, so I'm good to move on.
Jul 14, 2015 12:04 am
Not a problem, Kenny. Since we've brought the groups together, I wanted to give some time for the guys who haven't posted in awhile to post again and reintegrate with the group. Besides, the doctor arrived with a wounded bodyguard and gank for companions? I'd suspect there'll be questions.

Anything to add to the IC thread, especially for EldritchFire and Sandchigger? I know you both, or at least one of you, are still lurking in the corners.
Jul 14, 2015 2:56 pm
Once Callista got what she went in for she would have just headed back to the ship, awaiting the rest of the crew.
Jul 14, 2015 5:52 pm
Same. Rexi would be either in his quarters or the common area, going over the score with Callista.
Jul 15, 2015 2:48 am
Oh, we're definitely in the commons showing off our haul!
Jul 17, 2015 2:03 pm
So, can i just shoot the guy at the minigun or do i have to roll initiative? I'm looking to charge the troopers, killing as many as i can before i get to Pepra and drag him to the ship.
Jul 17, 2015 4:54 pm
Nope, anyone who wants to engage in combat will need to roll initiative. Also, you're wounded and up against 3 troopers and a sergeant. You can try to rescue Pepra but I'll only give you 2 rounds before your 30 seconds is up. His body is at medium range from the ship, so you need to double move (take 2 strain) to reach him in 1 turn. But then you'll need to fight off at least a couple troopers, pick him up... and double move back to the ship without dying.

Good luck! This engagement won't be as easy, except for the ship's guns insta-killing troopers for you. But even then... Wuc'vulog can only shoot 1 at a time.
Jul 17, 2015 5:07 pm
Challenge accepted!
Jul 17, 2015 6:10 pm
I'll have to review the rules tonight, but you may have to pick him up as your main action on the second round. This'll definitely be cutting it close.
Jul 17, 2015 7:29 pm
RustInPieces says:
Nope, anyone who wants to engage in combat will need to roll initiative. Also, you're wounded and up against 3 troopers and a sergeant. You can try to rescue Pepra but I'll only give you 2 rounds before your 30 seconds is up. His body is at medium range from the ship, so you need to double move (take 2 strain) to reach him in 1 turn. But then you'll need to fight off at least a couple troopers, pick him up... and double move back to the ship without dying.

Good luck! This engagement won't be as easy, except for the ship's guns insta-killing troopers for you. But even then... Wuc'vulog can only shoot 1 at a time.
You don't need to take 2 strain if you want to double move: you can exchange your action for a second maneuver for free. You only take the two strain if you want two maneuvers and an action.

Although Wuc'vulog can only shoot one target at a time, the group of troopers are a minion squad, yes? That's only one target by the rules.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.