1.3 - The Wyr River: Deeper Darkness

load previous
Feb 26, 2015 6:25 am
Tara avoids the commanders sword.. "Nice blade, you must've stole it.".. She continues to use her Sword-staff to make vicious slices at the commander, while using it's sheer length to keep the Commander at bay and away from Birtwood until help can arrive to treat him.

Rolls

Attack - Effort to Hit - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Speed Defense - Specialized - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Feb 26, 2015 3:55 pm
The commander, his sights set on Tara, dances around, trying to find a way into her defenses. Her staff sword keeps him at bay until....he sees she over extends when defending left. He strikes and does 4 points of (Might) damage to Tara

Round Five

R:4 - Yui leans over the commander's (NPC1: Cmdr) shoulder and whispers, "Hmmm, you're interesting. You think you're special." With that, Yui makes as if to attack but instead hops back and starts heckling the Commander, trying to get in his face. She pulls an eyelid down and says "Blugh! You look like a hamster, with those big eyes and fat frakkin' cheeks of yours! And that mouth! You lick your mother (OOC: Who smells like a hamster) with it?" Yui pulls on her cheeks while making farting and squeaking sounds in an attempt to distract the commander.

R:4 - Darazen focus shifts from the LT (NPC3: LT1) to the commander's (NPC1: Cmdr) mind. He pushes, trying to find a weakness in the commanders mind, but the commander seems to be well trained. He also senses another.

R:4 - Commander (NPC1: Cmdr) focused on Tara is startled when Yui steps behind him and starts taunting him. He looks Yui over and smiles, "Ah, someone I can get closer to." He turns his attention on Yui, taking a wild swing with his sword. (Yui: Speed defense roll)

R:4 - Tara keeping herself between the Birtwood and the commander, continues to try to hit the commander and keep him at bay with her staff sword. She takes a swing at him and misses.

R:4 - Birtwood lies on the ground. His breathing is labored, but steady.

R:4 - (NPC2: SubCmd) staggered from the last hit, tries to get his legs back underneath him and his sword is raised in defense.

R:4 - The LT (NPC3: LT1) is dead.

R:4 - (NPC4: LT2) is dead.

R:4 - Mudman (MM) is dead.

R:4 - Khoren sprints towards the Commander (NPC1: Cmdr), legs scissoring as he covers the remaining distance. He lands 2m short of the commander, and rolls, slashing both daggers at the commanders knee and thigh as he rolls past. The first misses its mark while the second one finds meat (2 + 4 - 1 dmg) Mass murder, robbery, kidnapping, slavery... These guys are a riot!", he says to no one in particular.

R:4 - Vult steps back again, setting his sights on the face of the sub commander (NPC2: SubCmd). His voice dripping with loathing, "I'm going to make all of you pay for killing my friends." The arrow finds its mark (4 dmg) and the subcommander is no more.

Suddenly, the commander's eyes widen for a second and he quickly stops his attack on Yui. He throws down his sword and drops to his knees, his hands raised. "I surrender! I surrender. Please... "
Feb 26, 2015 4:44 pm
Tara sees the Commander fall to his knees and surrender and assumes one of the Nano's on her team must've done something to instigate this.. Hoping to push the advantage Tara yells out "YOUR COMMANDER HAS SURRENDERED!! YOU UNDER HIS COMMAND SHALL ALSO OR HIS AND YOUR LIVES BE FORFEIT!! THROW DOWN YOUR WEAPONS AND CANCEL THE DARKNESS FIELD!!".
Feb 26, 2015 5:12 pm
(ooc: congrats Grant, you made the 500th post!!)

Darazen is surprized that the commander surrendered. Everyone else sacrificed themselves instead of surrendering, but here is a leader surrendering. Something doesn't seems right.

Tara's speech is impressive, but she must be in some kind of battle blindness - she doesn't seem aware of the actual situation. Reaching into her mind Darazen attempts to calm her... *** Tara, the darkness has been lifted, and only the commander is alive. But be careful. Something isn't right.***

Reflecting back a split second Darazen realizes that his last mental attack on the Commander sensed "another". *** what was that?**

(ooc: makes an int roll to determine presence of another?)

Rolls

Intellect check with knowledge skill, trained, no effort - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Feb 26, 2015 5:17 pm
Khoren says to Tara, "I believe that he is the last of those that came through the portal. Can someone attend to Birtwood, perhaps we can spare," then with a menacing glare at the Commander, he continues "at least one life today."

Khoren then calls to Darazen. "Would you like to interrogate this one? If he impresses you, then I promise to keep Tara from avenging these wounds to Birtwood. Yui, please make sure that he doesn't have any surprises on his person." Khoren then nods to Utazo and Vult, and, if they don't move to assist Birtwood, and then glances meaningfully at the portal. He keeps his punch daggers at the ready near the Commander.
Feb 26, 2015 5:46 pm
(ooc: I did!? Woohoo!)

Tara blinks and rescans the area, and realizes that they are correct.. She mutters "Battle focus.." then in a normal tone.."Sorry, I was so focus'd on keeping the Commander away from Birtwood I lost track of all else save that immediately around me." She looks at Darazan and nods "Thanks". Tara, seeing that Khoren has things under control, will take up a position near the portal to deal with anything that comes through.
Last edited February 26, 2015 5:46 pm
Feb 26, 2015 5:47 pm
Vult swing around, leveling his bow at the commander and drawing back the string. His breathing is fast as shallow as he stands motionless for a few seconds. Lowering his bow and taking a deep breath, he looks around for other foes before catching Birtwood's fallen body. Holstering his weapon, recovering the light machine and walking over to the plant person's side, he sifts through his bag for some tools.

"I'll give this a shot." Vult's voice lacks confidence as he examines Birtwood's wounds.

(OOC: Intelligence test, with a level of effort, to see if Vult can determine how to help stabilize Birtwood. The wood is more compatible with his current repair tools, but he needs to make sure he doesn't block something vital.

If he can figure something out, Vult will try to heal Birtwood, also spending a level of effort on the attempt. Otherwise, he'll try to modulate his light machine to produce a bright, steady stream and see how that helps Birtwood.)

Rolls

Figuring out Birtwood's anatomy - (1d20)

(18) = 18

'Stitching' up Birtwood's worst wounds or adjusting his light - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Feb 26, 2015 5:48 pm
Darazen's hooded head nods in response to Khoren. "Of course. I will try to understand.... him." The last word is emphasized with a little more venom that perhaps he intended. Behind the words, Darazen's mind is still analyzing what he sensed, but he's not sure whether he should speak aloud, thus alerting the commander. Darazen reaches out to Khoren telepathically.

***I appreciate you saving my bacon there, friend. If you are willing I would like to share a gift with you. A telepathic bond so you can communicate with me freely. I am about to delve into the commander's mind, but I want you to know, these "people" are bonded telepathically. I have experienced it twice now. I think the commander warned those on the other side of the portal that we are coming...***

Darazen strides to the commander and looks down into the commander's eyes. Darazen's shadowed face gives little in the way of emotional clues. The gem on his forehead glows blue, and his eyes seem to glow in sympathy. Then Darazen releases his thoughts and delves deep into the commander's mind.
Last edited February 26, 2015 6:15 pm

Rolls

Scan - (costs 2-1 int) - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Feb 26, 2015 5:53 pm
Khoren nods at Darazen and gives him a grim smile. His dark eyes, haunted by the sudden violence and retreating adrenaline, turn once more to the Commander.
Feb 26, 2015 8:33 pm
Objulen says:
Vult swing around, leveling his bow at the commander and drawing back the string. His breathing is fast as shallow as he stands motionless for a few seconds. Lowering his bow and taking a deep breath, he looks around for other foes before catching Birtwood's fallen body. Holstering his weapon, recovering the light machine and walking over to the plant person's side, he sifts through his bag for some tools.

"I'll give this a shot." Vult's voice lacks confidence as he examines Birtwood's wounds.

(OOC: Intelligence test, with a level of effort, to see if Vult can determine how to help stabilize Birtwood. The wood is more compatible with his current repair tools, but he needs to make sure he doesn't block something vital.

If he can figure something out, Vult will try to heal Birtwood, also spending a level of effort on the attempt. Otherwise, he'll try to modulate his light machine to produce a bright, steady stream and see how that helps Birtwood.)
After working on Birtwood for a few minutes, his breathing is better. There is a large gash in his back and the sap has stopped.He starts to come around. With a start, he sits up. His eye stalk darted from side to side at each of you. He settles down when he sees Tara and more so when he sees Vult.

He stares a moment at Vult and flashes, "Thank you, and thank your friends for me. This one", his eye goes to Tara for a moment, then back to Vult, "This one gave me her light and then put herself between me and that....that monster."

His eye stalk looks past Tara and sees the commander still alive. Looking back at Vult, he flashes something unintelligible.
Feb 26, 2015 8:57 pm
"Birtwood wants to thank us for rescuing him." Vult translates. "And Birtwood is especially appriciative of you Tara, for the light and protection." Vult tries to understand what Birtwood is saying afterwards, but can't. He takes the light, and modulates a message back to Birtwood:

We're happy to help. However, I can't understand what you're trying to say about the one we captured who attacked you. Would you plesae repeat it more slowly?

Pausing, Vult flashes a statement to Birtwood, I'm going to move you away from the monster. As long as Birtwood doesn't struggle and it's safe, he'll move him a decent ways away from the commander, incase of suicide-grenade, gently placing Birtwood in an out-of-the-way outcropping of rock. After helping Birtwood move, Vult will say to the group, "Remember what the Mudman did. It was depressing."
Feb 26, 2015 8:58 pm
"Huh. Guess I scared him, poor chap." However, Yui walks behind the Commander and starts patting him down. Something is off, this guy had a lot of bark. "Try anything funny and you eat a dagger."

Rolls

Search commander - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Feb 26, 2015 9:54 pm
Objulen says:
"Birtwood wants to thank us for rescuing him." Vult translates. "And Birtwood is especially appriciative of you Tara, for the light and protection." Vult tries to understand what Birtwood is saying afterwards, but can't. He takes the light, and modulates a message back to Birtwood:

We're happy to help. However, I can't understand what you're trying to say about the one we captured who attacked you. Would you plesae repeat it more slowly?

Pausing, Vult flashes a statement to Birtwood, I'm going to move you away from the monster. As long as Birtwood doesn't struggle and it's safe, he'll move him a decent ways away from the commander, incase of suicide-grenade, gently placing Birtwood in an out-of-the-way outcropping of rock. After helping Birtwood move, Vult will say to the group, "Remember what the Mudman did. It was depressing."
Birtwood stands and gingerly turns and twists. He follows you to an outcropping. Sorry, what I said should not be repeated. I cannot understand why you let him live, especially if what you told me he did to you and your party. Still, the ways of man have confused us for many seasons.

After working up a bit of a dressing for the major wound (and being damn glad your mending held), start looking for other wounds when you see something odd near the crux or joint of Birtwood's arm. It glitters by the light of the globe he is holding. You look closer, thinking maybe a dagger or some other weapon got lodged in there and left. It is not though, it is synth and has viens that seem to be pulsing through it.
Feb 26, 2015 9:56 pm
Tara smiles and gives a reassuring nod to Birtwood when she realizes he regained consciousness. Upon hearing Vults translation she asks him to tell Birtwood "I believe he would have done the same if our situations were reversed." She continues to guard the 'doorway'.
Feb 26, 2015 10:05 pm
Kaizival says:
"Huh. Guess I scared him, poor chap." However, Yui walks behind the Commander and starts patting him down. Something is off, this guy had a lot of bark. "Try anything funny and you eat a dagger."
occ: not one person said to secure him.

Yui tells him to sit still, kicks the sword away and proceeds to search him. He does not struggle at all. You find four daggers, very well made and balanced, one artifact (depleted), one cypher and 147 shins.

His armor is well made and includes a helm. Remembering the last mook, Yui asks him to open his mouth. He complies and she vigorously and forcibly searches and finds nothing. She steps back. "I think that is all of it"
Feb 26, 2015 10:07 pm
GrantUrDeth says:
Tara smiles and gives a reassuring nod to Birtwood when she realizes he regained consciousness. Upon hearing Vults translation she asks him to tell Birtwood "I believe he would have done the same if our situations were reversed." She continues to guard the 'doorway'.
Tara:Give me an intellect check
Feb 26, 2015 10:40 pm
GrantUrDeth says:
Vult will use the light machine to flash out Tara's message: Tara thanks you and says that she feels you would have done the same if your positions were reversed
Feb 26, 2015 10:45 pm
Qralloq says:
Khoren says to Tara, "I believe that he is the last of those that came through the portal. Can someone attend to Birtwood, perhaps we can spare," then with a menacing glare at the Commander, he continues "at least one life today."

Khoren then calls to Darazen. "Would you like to interrogate this one? If he impresses you, then I promise to keep Tara from avenging these wounds to Birtwood. Yui, please make sure that he doesn't have any surprises on his person." Khoren then nods to Utazo and Vult, and, if they don't move to assist Birtwood, and then glances meaningfully at the portal. He keeps his punch daggers at the ready near the Commander.
(OOC: actually khoren asked.)

"Anyone know what's wrong with him?" Yui asks, jerking a thumb towards the commander. "This is too weird."

(OOC: What is the cypher? And anyone want an extra dagger or cash?)
Feb 26, 2015 11:31 pm
Darazen emerges from his deep dive into the commander's brain, and shakes his head with disappointment. "I made contact with someone on the other side of the portal, but I couldn't communicate with him. I told him to surrender, and the commander surrendered instead. Dammit!"

Seeming a little distracted he reaches out to Yui and says, "I'll see if I can identify that cypher for you if you like?"

As he looks at the cypher, he adds, "I'll take the money too, if no-one wants it."

If agreed...
Last edited February 26, 2015 11:32 pm

Rolls

Int check - expert cypher use, trained in numenera - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Feb 26, 2015 11:36 pm
Vult pipes up, "I can always use shins for spare parts."
load next

Thread locked