1.3 - The Wyr River: Deeper Darkness

load previous
Feb 27, 2015 10:42 pm
GrantUrDeth says:
"I hadn't bothered to pick them up.. I was busy trying to find the source and pull it back into our universe.... You're welcome."
"I wasn't exactly sure how I arrived at the location on the other side of this portal. I had etched some clues into the shins, hoping that they would make it back to you guys. When I noticed your arm I just grabbed on and hoped being pulled through would actually bring me back here."

Utazó looks around the chamber, "I'm glad to see that everyone is all right. There are some things on the other side that I've never before seen. It's fascinating", scrunching her nose as the smell from the chamber finally hits her, "and a lot better smelling as well..."
Feb 27, 2015 10:46 pm
"I would love to see it, Utazo. Is there a safe place there for us to rest for a few hours?" Khoren looks at the portal with a naive curiousity. Well, not naive so much as utterly indifferent to the consequences.
Feb 27, 2015 10:49 pm
Suddenly remembering the commander and the telepathic link to... something else, Khoren attacks and kills the commander to death.
ooc: Spend xp to reroll second attack
Last edited February 27, 2015 10:50 pm

Rolls

Speed test, initiative - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Punch dagger attack #1 - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Punch dagger attack #2 - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Reroll of punch dagger attack #2 - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Feb 27, 2015 10:59 pm
"Khoren, what the fricking hell are you doing????"
Feb 27, 2015 11:48 pm
(I'm going to roll initiative and if it's higher, I'm saying I acted before Khoren, he's obviously lost it and needs to be stopped. Even if it's after the commander may be saved).

Yui tackles Khoren to the ground.

"WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!"
Last edited February 27, 2015 11:48 pm

Rolls

initiative - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Tackle Khoren-might effort - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Feb 28, 2015 5:26 am
Tara casts her eyes towards Khoren and Yui and sighs.. ~Good lord.. What have I gotten myself into?~ She resumes her post near the synth frame 'doorway'.
Feb 28, 2015 5:51 am
Qralloq says:
Suddenly remembering the commander and the telepathic link to... something else, Khoren attacks and kills the commander to death.
ooc: Spend xp to reroll second attack
(OOC: As Tara looks deep into the doorway she guards, she sees two familiar people...

Finding themselves all jumbled up, the two warriors gaze into each others eyes.
"Why do such a hurtful thing?" Yui asks quietly.
"I perceived ill intent from the commander to bring harm to you, it doth frightened me so, fair lady, my duty-"

Oops...awkward! Must be a parallel universe inside the portal, Tara thinks (just kidding all, really couldn't resist the joke) )

"Khoren, what's up with you?" Yui stands up and brushes herself off. "You better not be possessed now. Why'd you attack him?"
Last edited February 28, 2015 5:59 am
Feb 28, 2015 2:27 pm
"It seemed simpler," Khoren says enigmatically. He sheathes his daggers, kneels before the commander, looks into his eyes, and continues.

"Dear commander. My companions have intervened. It seems that your life is now your own. What do you plan to do with your new found freedom? Do you wish to return with us to our land and find a new purpose there? Do you wish to become defender and liaison to Birtwood's people? Or do you wish to wait until we are defenseless and call your Queen to you telepathically in hope of regaining her favor? Either way, you won't die at my hand."

With some simple gestures, the blood and the mud fall from Khoren's weapons and clothing, then Yui's.
Feb 28, 2015 2:39 pm
Darazen relaxes. "Well, we still have some decisions to make. I think we are all in agreement we need to rest? I need at least an hour, but would prefer more.

"Utazo, what can you recommend? Would we be safer to rest here or through the portal? The Commander says we have some time. No-one is looking for us... Yet."
Feb 28, 2015 4:29 pm
Qralloq says:
"It seemed simpler," Khoren says enigmatically. He sheathes his daggers, kneels before the commander, looks into his eyes, and continues.

"Dear commander. My companions have intervened. It seems that your life is now your own. What do you plan to do with your new found freedom? Do you wish to return with us to our land and find a new purpose there? Do you wish to become defender and liaison to Birtwood's people? Or do you wish to wait until we are defenseless and call your Queen to you telepathically in hope of regaining her favor? Either way, you won't die at my hand."

With some simple gestures, the blood and the mud fall from Khoren's weapons and clothing, then Yui's.
(OOC: Thanks Khoren, sorry, I kind of flipped out. It's nice having clean clothes)
Feb 28, 2015 4:46 pm
Qralloq says:

The commander looks back into your (Khoren's) eyes. You see something cold, dark, and calculating. He listens with intensity and as you finish your speech. A smile, almost imperceptible smile forms on his face and he whispers, "But, you will die, at MINE!"

The commander springs up with a snap. In one hand is a dagger and in his belt are several more. He makes a fluid thrust at you (Khoren: Speed defense roll). He turns and his sword flies through the air and into his hand. He puts his back to the wall and braces for his next attack. He smiles and says, "For the honor of the queen!"

Everyone: Roll Initiative and give me your actions
Feb 28, 2015 5:10 pm
Tara hears the commotion and sees the Commander spring into action.. with weapons.. ~What the hell?! How'd he get loose!? I'm sure they tied him up once I left.... I hope they tied him up after I left... oh gods.. they didn't tie him up did they..~ Tara mentally sighs while drawing her always loaded and ready crossbow and fires at the commander.

(OOC: I absolutely hate these dice. If these were real dice, I'd have thrown them across the room and set them on fire already!)
Last edited February 28, 2015 5:12 pm

Rolls

Initiative (untrained) - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Attack w/crossbow - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Feb 28, 2015 5:14 pm
Vult, about to comment, instead whips out his bow, takes aim, and looses an arrow at the commander.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Attack - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Feb 28, 2015 5:22 pm
Utazó reaches for her sword as she charges at the commander, "Why did I come back here again?"

EDIT: Going to add an attack roll, although I think I may be out of immediate range.
Last edited February 28, 2015 5:30 pm

Rolls

Initiative (Trained in Initiative) - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Attack Roll (no effort) - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Feb 28, 2015 5:47 pm
"Bugger, you try to be fair and reasonable, try to spare a few lives, and this is the thanks we get. Maybe we are fated to just maraud through this place in a blood thirsty rampage?"

Resigned to another exhausting combat, Darazen unleashes a physical onslaught on the Commander, while simultaneously adding the telepathic communication, ***why?***

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Physical onslaught - intellect with effort for damage - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Feb 28, 2015 6:01 pm
Khoren jumps back, hands empty. He flourishes awkwardly with his right hand at the commander, hoping the numenera slam him into the wall and give his companions time to get into position.
edit: xp for a reroll of push esotery
Last edited February 28, 2015 6:02 pm

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Speed defense (with effort) - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Push esotery (with effort for damage) - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Reroll - Push esotery attack (with effort for damage) - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Feb 28, 2015 6:36 pm
Merlin says:
"Bugger, you try to be fair and reasonable, try to spare a few lives, and this is the thanks we get. Maybe we are fated to just maraud through this place in a blood thirsty rampage?"

Resigned to another exhausting combat, Darazen unleashes a physical onslaught on the Commander, while simultaneously adding the telepathic communication, ***why?***
"I'm with you Darazen, I try not to be nice for once and this is what I get! I'd like some tea party interactions for once! For once!"
(OOC: This guy really couldn't have been nice for a while? It might have been more fun if we thought he was but he betrays us later, for example, especially after I tried to save him from Khoren)

(Another OOC: Didn't I take his daggers? I kept two for me and two for Khoren.)

Yui draws the commander's daggers and tosses them with all her might. She mutters under her breath about "nice" angrily.

(EDIT: I'm with you Tara, these dice would be nuked at my place)
Last edited February 28, 2015 6:38 pm

Rolls

initiative - (1d20)

(5) = 5

dagger 1 - (1d20)

(5) = 5

dagger 2 - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Mar 1, 2015 6:54 pm
XP Award: 1 XP to Yui, for tackling Khoren
XP Award: 1 XP to Khoren, for seeing something no one else saw in the commander

GM Intrusion: This fight was going to happen sooner or later. The commander is a very calculating and deceitful person. His plan was to secretly get his weapons back, and the scuffle between Khoren and Yui was a good time (tho you had me completely saying WTH! on Friday evening. He was looking for an opportunity, but figured it would be much later). He is very good moving metal (level 6), hence his sword returning to his hand. He cannot use it to attack, but he can use it to retrieve items or acquire them.

The reason I am explaining this is so that everyone understands. Even though the level to catch him absconding with You and Khorens weapons, plus his two daggers was very high (heroic - lvl 8), I still should have given both Yui and Khoren a chance to perceive. But, because they were distracted it would have been 2 levels higher, hence the 8 (6+2). Of course, 8 (24) is not possible on a D20, but if they were trained and spent effort, they still would have had a chance.

Therefore, I am going to give TWO intrusions, one to each. If they wish to refuse the intrusion, they can. However, it will cost them one XP. Refusing the intrusion will given them one of their blades back, the forearm blade since it is more attached.

I am working on the round results now. I will wait to post them until I get confirmation of acceptance or rejection of the intrusion from Yui and Khoren.
Mar 1, 2015 8:09 pm
(OOC: Not 100% sure what you said there but i think I get the gist. I'll accept the intrusion and take my XP).
load next

Thread locked