First annual Gamers' Plane of Giving!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Dec 19, 2023 11:22 am
[ +- ] Plane of Giving
Dec 19, 2023 1:32 pm
Dr_B says:
I got the receiver name, but no interest list.
Same
Dec 19, 2023 1:34 pm
Also, my giftee is someone with 0 posts, a 10 day old account and 9 days of inactivity :/
Do I still send something?

KCC

Dec 19, 2023 1:38 pm
Only if you want to throwaway money! I suggest everyone check their recipient for activity too. Maybe a private message a day before you pull the trigger on a purchase.
Dec 19, 2023 1:40 pm
KCC says:
Only if you want to throwaway money! I suggest everyone check their recipient for activity too. Maybe a private message a day before you pull the trigger on a purchase.
This also means that someone got this person as their gifter and will likely not get anything :(
Dec 19, 2023 2:27 pm
TheGenerator says:
KCC says:
This also means that someone got this person as their gifter and will likely not get anything :(
Ooooor. I swap them out! What if YOU got who they got? :p I'll fix that up ASAP.
Dec 19, 2023 2:30 pm
Sorry this is all messy. As our first go, a lot of lessons are being learned, on the fly :/
Dec 19, 2023 2:49 pm
Awesome! Thanks Keleth :)
Keleth says:
Sorry this is all messy. As our first go, a lot of lessons are being learned, on the fly :/
No worries. That's only normal for a first time.
Dec 19, 2023 3:06 pm
The_Librarian sent a note to Keleth
Dec 19, 2023 4:41 pm
My giftee did not have a visible list, but I went to their profile and checked their interests.
Dec 19, 2023 10:39 pm
WhtKnt says:
My giftee did not have a visible list, but I went to their profile and checked their interests.
Not everyone added their interests. I'd say check out their profile, and judge based on that if you have no info. In the future, we'll require adding something to the interests.

If anyone else finds the person they matched with may be fake, let me know and I'll remove them from the pool, giving you their giftee.
Dec 19, 2023 10:41 pm
I'll also add a checkbox so you can confirm you sent a gift and one for receiving it. And next year, we'll have a separate dedicated page for it.
Dec 20, 2023 1:14 am
I'm not entirely sure when or if I ever actually chose to join this event, I didn't have the option shown in bowlofspinach's post. I have a feeling this might be why some people come up with no interests. That said, I'm happy to participate, and have already sent my surprise out.
Dec 20, 2023 2:30 am
Gearspark says:
I'm not entirely sure when or if I ever actually chose to join this event, I didn't have the option shown in bowlofspinach's post. I have a feeling this might be why some people come up with no interests. That said, I'm happy to participate, and have already sent my surprise out.
If you got a match, that means someone got you!
Dec 20, 2023 10:47 am
I sent my gift, but the checkbox doesn't appear on my profile
Dec 20, 2023 1:35 pm
The_Librarian says:
I may have some insight into this...
KoldikSteelskin sent a note to The_Librarian,Keleth
Dec 20, 2023 2:00 pm
The_Librarian says:
I didn't put the code up yet. I should have it out today.
Dec 20, 2023 2:16 pm
I see my match, their interests, and their email in my settings. Thank you.
Dec 21, 2023 1:53 am
WhtKnt says:
Did you have a link to their profile in the "Gamers Plane of Giving 2023" section? I vaguely remember seeing my giftee's username in the past six weeks, but no interests were shown. "No big deal," I thought, "I can just check out their profile to see what games they've played on here. That'll give me some idea of what they might like..."

The trouble is, this person hasn't been posting a lot in the threads I've seen recently, and I don't have a link to their profile. All I have is the username, flat text. I've been searching for about 15 minutes and I can't find them in any of the threads I've checked. Am I missing something obvious that would help me find the profile? I'm about to dive into the Character Library to see if they've made any publicly-visible characters, but I'd love to hear a faster/more efficient way.

EDIT: Oh my goodness, I can't believe I forgot that I can search usernames! What a goofball! Sorry, everyone! Of course I can look up a user by their username. HA! <embarrassed muttering> NEVER MIND.
Last edited December 21, 2023 1:57 am
Dec 21, 2023 4:30 am
spaceseeker19 says:
I don't have a link to their profile. All I have is the username, flat text.
Incredibly good call out that I will fix.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.