05. The Courting of Fire

load previous
Mar 16, 2024 11:31 pm
Chitkree will follow Pierce. I just wish we had a better description me mutters telepathically to Pierce and Zrukz.

To Donkog and Davin he sends You coming?
Mar 17, 2024 9:22 am
OOC:
I'm back from vacation, looks like not missed much
Guys, what's written there? Zrukz who is not educated enough to read any language double check with companions and suggest probably dumb idea - Can we get these items with us. No idea why, just in case.
OOC:
Can I buy Sheaf of vellum (1), chalk dust (1lb sack), leather case before going? Otherwise good to go
Mar 18, 2024 8:28 pm
Zrukz, absolutely. You know that Cockburn Groceries is the most likely place to get them and you go to buy the things on the list. As you do, the proprietor Ted Staslep gives you a funny look, "Huh, that’s the second time in a week that someone puts in that very specific order"
OOC:
If I haven’t heard anything by tomorrow from the other two, I’ll assume that they’re okay with the plan
Mar 19, 2024 7:21 pm
OOC:
I'm good, if we're good to go let's do it!
Davin hears the words within his head and responds.

Coming! Was just making sure that I remember about the cat when we get back! No one steals another person's pet! He replied.

"If the rest of you were wondering what me and the kind fellow in front of us was talking about, his cat was stolen, and I am determined to get it back, by force if necessary, but we'll deal with that when we get back."
Mar 20, 2024 12:10 am
Donkog is just beside following the group. Keeping an eye out for any trouble and keeping to himself.
"Thanks for letting me join along. It has been lonely on the road traveling by myself."
Mar 20, 2024 12:16 am
"Isn't the term people use when another living being is taken by force "kidnapped?"" Pierce will ask Davin as they walk. ""Stolen" implies some form of ownership. But a cat is not an item, it is a living being."
Mar 20, 2024 8:31 pm
You decide to adjourn for the night and leave first thing in the morning. The trek towards the mountains takes you two uneventful days, but finally you reach the foothills around midday on the third. The rolling hills are peppered with large boulders, likely falling millennia ago from the mountains looming above. Finally, you reach a large clearing with a 60-foot wide circle of 20-foot tall stones standing in the middle. Dozens of recently made footprints in the dusty soil leads towards the middle of the circle.
OOC:
Everyone give me a perception check

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Mar 21, 2024 12:41 am
"Lots of footprints," comes the deep, rumbling observation.

Rolls

Perception (WIS) - (1d20+3)

(7) + 3 = 10

Mar 21, 2024 12:54 am
Standing beside Pierce, Donkog pulls out his bow. "Yeah. I don't like it..."

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(7) + 3 = 10

Mar 21, 2024 3:12 am
Chitkree sends Tikcha aloft to search the area from above, circling the clearing before landing to sniff at the tracks. As Tikcha circles a couple of times Chitkree looks around for other signs with a murmured prayer for Guidance.

Rolls

Perception + Guidance - (1d20+4+1d4)

(6) + (3) + 4 = 13

Tikcha Perception (advantage smell only) - (2d20H1+5)

(1218) + 5 = 23

Mar 21, 2024 4:55 am
I don't like how bolders stare at me

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+1)

(16) + 1 = 17

Mar 22, 2024 8:57 pm
Among the boulders ahead you all spot 8 incredibly poorly hidden kobolds. Tikcha, thanks to her much higher vantage point, spots an additional 4 winged kobolds.
Mar 25, 2024 12:42 am
Upon spotting the threat Chitkree makes sure the team is all aware by relaying messages telepathically and he pretends to continue his examinations. Then uses his small size, his larger companions, and the rough terrain he will find an opportunity to conceal himself if possible while Tikcha finds a safe vantage point to observe things.
[ +- ] Chameleon
OOC:
Oh, wow, I'm invisible :P Must not be any good cover, sigh. Maybe I will distract some with my antics
Last edited March 25, 2024 12:43 am

Rolls

Stealth (advantage) - (2d20H1+9)

(32) + 9 = 12

+ Guidance - (1d4)

(1) = 1

Mar 25, 2024 12:52 am
"Should we expect a fight? Maybe one of us should go and talk with them. See what they want." Donkog keeps his bow ready and follows a few of the flying ones. "Or are you a fight first ask questions later sort of group?"
Mar 25, 2024 1:21 am
Pierce looks around before replying.

"Their positioning suggests they do not intend to talk," he points out. "However, if you'd like to converse, feel free."
Mar 25, 2024 1:30 am
Listening he Chitkree joins in telepathically Everytime we encounter them they are fanatics of the dragon cult, but sure, try
Mar 25, 2024 10:06 pm
Davin had followed the group on their journey, his mind lost about the cat. He agreed with Pierce that the cat had been kidnapped and not stolen.

But the small conversations stopped as it seemed some of the group was able to catch the sight of kobolds, a discussion had begun about whether to make an offensive move, or to communicate with the creatures.

"Ah, well, that is where I can be of use." He said as he was sure to first be behind the group, he quickly sang a little tune and moved his hands with some salt and soot and then rubbed his hands over his ears. He then stepped forward.

"Just be ready to get physical if this doesn't workout." He mumbled to the group.

"Hello there! Fellow followers of the dragon! You might not recognize us, but we were sent to the city to find out what happened to our little saboteurs, we found that one of our brothers had escaped, thank the dragon, but the other, well the other did not do so well. But we made sure that he would never tell what was going on here." He lied as he ran a finger over his neck, indicating that they had killed him.

"We need to report the rest of what we found, to the rest of our brothers and sisters. Let them know that our secrets are safe, and we can continue without being disturbed."
OOC:
OOC in case I roll a 9 or lower, my roll immediately becomes a 10, plus my skill in deception, it's an automatic 18.

Rolls

Deception Expertise - (1d20+8)

(8) + 8 = 16

Mar 29, 2024 9:07 am
As Davin finishes his spiel, you only hear the sound of a light breeze washing through the rocks before a croaking voice speaks in broken common, "Spernik not say nothing about more people going...". A scaled face peeks out from behind the rocks, "Spernik say, if anyone go here. You kill."

Rolls

Kobold insight check DC18 - (1d20-2)

(11) - 2 = 9

Winged kobold insight check DC18 - (1d20-2)

(13) - 2 = 11

Mar 29, 2024 2:56 pm
Looking through Tikcha's eyes for a moment Chitkree telepathically relays to the others the locations of all of the kobolds along with weapons and other tactical information. He then check if there is a place he can get out of the kobolds line of sight to hide. (Just let me know if I can roll stealth again. If not then he stays with the other.) As Davin and the kobold talk, Chitkree will then focus on the one talking and relay information on that one to Davin.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.