05. The Courting of Fire

load previous
Feb 28, 2024 4:05 pm
If they're is nothing else then Chitkree will head back to report their findings to the Lord Sage when Davin is ready. He explains what he knows of the cult, mostly from his recent interactions with the egg and isle, and asks if the Sage has any other information on the cult that might be useful. He suggests the Sage check for other books that may have, or had, references to dragons or their cult.
Last edited March 1, 2024 7:34 pm
Feb 28, 2024 8:19 pm
Chitkree, the Lord Sage nods and agrees that he will look at those books as the most likely to have been stolen. "Although without knowing exactly what we’re looking for, it will take a while. I know quite a bit about everything or at least will have an idea of where to find it, what would you like to know about this cult?"

Rolls

Secret Roll

Mar 1, 2024 11:40 am
OOC:
Is there anything else you’d like to do or ask before meeting up with the rest?
Mar 1, 2024 7:34 pm
Chitkree thanks the man for his assistance ready to return to the others
Mar 1, 2024 7:36 pm
Davin looks at the clothing but doesn't recognize the colour arrangement or the symbols on it. After finding nothing else, the group of three join together, but they matched so that meant something.

"Umm, no I think we have everything, I think we might be able to get more from the captured prisoner. If we find out anything useful, we'll be sure to come back and let you know about it." He said to Lord Sage, when the doors shut and it was just the two of them, he looked to Chitkree.

"Have you seen those robes or those markings before? I haven't, but I know that they match in colour scheme and markings, so they were both a part of something." He asked his comrade.
Mar 1, 2024 8:43 pm
Those are common among members of the Cult of the Dragon. We've encountered them before. They seem to be gearing up for something as they are unusually active for the last several weeks in the area, if not longer.
Mar 4, 2024 12:44 pm
Chitkree & Davin, you head back to the Laughing Goblin and Chitkree quickly spots Pierce & Zrukz, who are sitting next to a hobgoblin that you haven't seen before.
OOC:
I'll assume that you relay everything that you've learned to the rest
Mar 4, 2024 8:06 pm
Davin rolls into the Laughing Goblin and follows Chitkree to the group where they meet a hobgoblin with them.

"Well, our venture has proven to have given us some good intel, I'll let your friend explain what we were able to find since he has quite the unique ability." He said to the group as he then raised his hand in the air so that he could get someone to take his order.

"Or is this more of a, you have to go to the bar yourself to get a drink around here?" He asked the group.
Mar 5, 2024 10:46 am
So Chitkree what is that we need to do now? Any particular location we must visit or a person ?
OOC:
Looks like scenario is railroading us to that Stojanow Gate and have a chat with the Black Fists we have had so terrible experience with. So we just go there, don't we?
Mar 5, 2024 1:35 pm
More Dragon cult goons Chitkree sighs telepathically to the group. He explains what transpires and what they learned.
OOC:
Is it too late to try to get more information on the Dragon cult, a copy of section about the druids in the Dragonspire mountains and some notes on the Circle of Scale?
Mar 5, 2024 8:10 pm
OOC:
I’ll say that you can have given the Lord Sage your questions, but he needs time for research. Let me know what you’d like to know.

You can go to Stojanow Gate if you’d like?
"Fat" Mar sees Davin’s hand and walks over, "What would it be?"
OOC:
Zrukz, give me an insight check with advantage
Mar 5, 2024 8:34 pm
"Just a beer please and thank you gorgeous." He ordered giving a wink to Mar, he then looked to the group again.

"I think if I can get near the captured one, I can convince them to give up their friend." He said with great confidence.

"I could have been a great inquisitor if my life hadn't gone the way it did I believe. As much as I like to see he cheers and joy of a crowd watching my performance, I do like seeing a person break." He chuckled.
Mar 6, 2024 8:26 am
OOC:
insightful goblin :)

Rolls

Insight (advantage) - (2d20H1+3)

(131) + 3 = 16

Mar 6, 2024 1:04 pm
Questions for the Lord Sage says:

1. What is the origin on the name of the Dragonspire mountains
2. See if there is anyy connciton between the circle of the scale and the circle of stones.
3.Are there any prophesies the cult has that may point to this time/place or recent events? (explain other dealings with the cult)
4. Are there any known methods for identifying cult members or for membrs to identify and verify each other? (potentail to take a couple robes and impersonate a member . . . not me but another peerhaps)
Mar 6, 2024 2:21 pm
OOC:
Zrukz, I'll say that you know "Fat" Mar well enough at this point due to all the time you've spent in here. If you want gossip in Phlan, Mar is your guy.

Chitkree, your questions have been noted and the next time you see the Lord Sage, he might have some answers
Davin, Mar looks at you with a cocked eyebrow, but doesn't say anything as he nods and moments later returns with a mug of ale.
Mar 6, 2024 2:37 pm
"The Cult of the Dragon is certainly becoming an issue, it would seem," Pierce observes. "It makes me wonder if they have some larger goal we should be wary of."
Mar 6, 2024 2:39 pm
OOC:
Sassafras says:
The bartender, Imizar, and the waiter, "Fat" Mar, nods in acknowledgment as you enter, although both look fairly busy as the place is full of dining patrons.
Zrukz is eccentric, but not egocentric. He would collect all types of gossips at any time when Fat Mar isn't busy
Mar 6, 2024 3:36 pm
Shall we go check on they prisoner after this or is there another lead?
Mar 6, 2024 4:58 pm
The hobgolin that was hanging out with Zrukz stands and greets the bug man and the metal man. "I wish to join you and aid you on your currently job. I just arrive in town and I am looking for work. I spoke with the goblin Zrukz, He said I should introduce myself."
He offers a hand to shake. "I am Donkog. At your service."
Mar 6, 2024 5:12 pm
Let everyone finish their drinks, Zruks look at Davin who just got his first mug then let this braggart's impress us with his performance at Stojanow Gate.
Zrukz suggests (or probably just puts in words what everyone have decided already).
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.