Lightning in a Bottle (OOC)

load previous
Apr 26, 2024 2:45 pm
Quote:
Have you? Did you? Cool.
Well, she did follow that statement with "I think." She's not entirely certain.

Hope you all are okay with Ezmaray taking initiative, there. Trying to help things continue to move forward.
Apr 26, 2024 2:46 pm
Oh, oops. Albert's post showed up while I was typing my response. :-P
Apr 26, 2024 2:47 pm
Sorry for the incongruence, there.
Apr 26, 2024 2:47 pm
Should I delete my post?
Apr 26, 2024 2:52 pm
karabooo says:
Should I delete my post?
First, don't delete posts, that can leave many people uncomfortable, swearing they read something that they can not find. If you want to completely erase it you can strike it out, so the record is still there and people know that it was removed from the fiction.

But cross-posting happens all the time in PbP, we have to learn to live with it. About the only problem is the 'two groups of two', if you just strike out the 'of two' and leave it as two groups then your question to Roald still makes sense.

You can also tie the rope to the dagger and pin it to a tree if you all want to go.
Apr 26, 2024 2:53 pm
karabooo says:
... Well, she did follow that statement with "I think." She's not entirely certain.
Fair enough. It could be 'true', though I don't recall where that happened.
Apr 26, 2024 2:56 pm
She and Wankle were chatting (the 2nd time) when suddenly they felt a presence and Wankle looked scared to be seen holding her hand. Ezmaray called out "Hello...?" and then a voice called back: "Hello..." Wankle warned about it being a trick.
Apr 26, 2024 2:58 pm
I guess I'll just leave the post as is. If someone likes those other perfectly reasonable ideas better, they can suggest them. :)
Apr 26, 2024 3:02 pm
karabooo says:
She and Wankle were chatting (the 2nd time) when suddenly they felt a presence and Wankle looked scared to be seen holding her hand. Ezmaray called out "Hello...?" and then a voice called back: "Hello..." Wankle warned about it being a trick.
I figured that more like another mistling, doing their mistling imitation trick. It is too late now to ask Wankle why they were worried about that, so fair assumption for Ezme to make.

I don't think the source can move, else it would be hard for you to have worked out where it is like you did.
Apr 26, 2024 4:13 pm
Er... Ezme has never revealed to the others that the creature scratched her....
Apr 26, 2024 4:14 pm
Oh, maybe Roald wasn't implying that it had scratched her specifically. Never mind.
Apr 26, 2024 7:17 pm
I'm sorry, you're right. Best to ignore that remark.
Apr 27, 2024 7:00 am
Almost AI,... Almost

https://i.imgur.com/JINq4Z6.jpeg
Apr 27, 2024 12:37 pm
Can everyone hear the voices or is each voice only heard by one person?
Apr 27, 2024 12:40 pm
karabooo says:
Ezmaray nods. "Two groups of two, connected by rope. Group in back carries ritual dagger. Group in front walks just beyond spell's reach."

She hands one end of the rope to Roald. "I assume you would like to stay away from mist."
I'm confused about who is in the mist and who isn't at this point. I thought Albert was already holding the rope previously.
Apr 27, 2024 12:45 pm
TheGenerator says:
Can everyone hear the voices or is each voice only heard by one person?
vagueGM says:
(in RP) ... None of you hear what the others hear, though you probably assume they hear what you do. ...
Maybe you are hear that what might be other voices out there, but it is muffled and you can not hear exactly what they are saying, and you don't recognise the voice (though you also probably don't know the others' speakers).

Only those in the mist hear anything.
Apr 27, 2024 12:45 pm
TheGenerator says:
... I'm confused about who is in the mist and who isn't at this point. I thought Albert was already holding the rope previously.
Sorry, my mistake. I assumed from:
TheGenerator says:
Albert surely doesn't want to go alone
That Albert was going. If you are staying with Roald, then ignore the bit about Theo and apply what Roald experiences to Albert as well.
Apr 27, 2024 12:55 pm
No worries. It's because of these 3 posts here that I'm confused.
[ +- ] the posts
Albert agreed to everyone going together, but then ezme assigned 2 groups, though it was not specified who is in which group.

I'm fine with either idea, but we should establish who is where.
Since Gronk wanted to meet the source, I expect that he wants to be in the mist.
Apr 27, 2024 12:59 pm
Ezme's suggestion was merely that, and we may be ignoring the '... of two' part of the 'two groups' [ref] and have Roald as one 'group' and the rest as the others.

You decide where you want Albert to be.
Apr 27, 2024 8:20 pm
Yeah I also went with Roald as one group and the rest as the other group
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.