Need testers for some big changes on staging

load previous
Jul 16, 2024 1:15 am
All bugs that were reported were addressed.
Jul 16, 2024 1:52 am
Keleth says:
FlyingSucculent says:
Maybe you can just move messages to the top menu, maybe next to Games/Characters? Or above the Settings in the dropdown. It is probably less of a problem for a theme switch to be next to the logout?
Good idea.
That's exactly what I'm looking for. A re-sort of the item order would really help. If I'm PM-ing very much I run the risk of logging out inadvertently.
Jul 16, 2024 2:41 am
Keleth says:
... And I've fixed the email bug. ...
I did not receive notification emails.

Posting to a thread in a game sent me to a Error 550 page, but the post was made. No email notifications sent.
Keleth says:
... So we don't want thread notifications in the top? ...
Mainly I don't want to rely on that.

It does not let me know that there is activity when I am not at the computer and checking the site.
It requires me to check the site manually, in which case I can see the threads with posts already.
Worse, it requires me to go to the homepage, which is slow and puts a lot of strain on the server.
It does not clear these notifications when they have been read. So they mount up and need to be cleared, all at once.

Personally, I have never found this feature useful, and would like a way of tuning it off. Users should have the option of choosing which notification methods they want to use.
Maybe those Notification items can be moved from the overworked frontpage to the User Menu? They they will be available from everywhere. Especially if the User Menu is being worked of for the Logout issue.
Maybe whatever notes the need to place an item in that area can also add a snippet of code to the post in question and clear the Notification when the post (or thread) appears on the user's screen? But that is an improvement for later, and not fixing a bug of staging behaving differently to production.
Jul 16, 2024 2:42 am
witchdoctor says:
Keleth says:
FlyingSucculent says:
Maybe you can just move messages to the top menu, maybe next to Games/Characters? Or above the Settings in the dropdown. It is probably less of a problem for a theme switch to be next to the logout?
Good idea.
That's exactly what I'm looking for. A re-sort of the item order would really help. If I'm PM-ing very much I run the risk of logging out inadvertently.
Presumably the problem is that people accidentally log out. These solutions assume that is a problem when they go to Messages, but moving Messages out of that Menu just bumps the problem along to people who change the Color Theme often.

Maybe it makes sense to instead move the logout button out of the menu? But would adding a little space between it and whatever is above it not do the trick. That Menu is a short list, so some extra space should do no harm?
Jul 16, 2024 2:44 am
• Clicking the Game Menu on the topbar now take me straight to the Games page instead of dropping down a list of games.
Jul 16, 2024 3:54 am
vagueGM says:
... Posting to a thread in a game sent me to a Error 550 page, but the post was made ...
I just had a similar experience posting to the Games Tavern, but I got a blank page instead of a 550, and like yours, I found the post was made once I returned to staging's front page.
Last edited July 16, 2024 3:54 am
Jul 16, 2024 3:58 am
In games, the notes/mentions button doesn't populate with the players names. There are spots, but the names are missing.

This should list Chal and FlyingSucculent in the top 2 spots:
https://i.imgur.com/fxi6NLl.png
Jul 16, 2024 3:59 am
vagueGM says:
• Clicking the Game Menu on the topbar now take me straight to the Games page instead of dropping down a list of games.
Same for me.
Jul 16, 2024 4:03 am
When I tried to reply to this message, I clicked "Send" and nothing happens:
https://i.imgur.com/wCRCwJc.png
Jul 16, 2024 4:11 am
Chalrytharendir says:
In the game forum, the Character link in the bottom red bar usually looks like this:
https://i.imgur.com/nQf1xHu.png

In staging it looks like this (missing the link to the user):
https://i.imgur.com/mGBb4wT.png
This is still needs fixing.
Jul 16, 2024 5:03 am
I can't remember if this was reported already, but if so, it's still not working.

If you click the "Create Character" button in a charsheet spoiler, you get a pop-up to fill in the name of the character, but then nothing happens except the "Create Character" button vanishes. When I go to my characters, no character was created.

https://i.imgur.com/Xoi8k7L.png
Jul 16, 2024 5:12 am
vagueGM says:
witchdoctor says:
Keleth says:
FlyingSucculent says:
Good idea.
Presumably the problem is that people accidentally log out. These solutions assume that is a problem when they go to Messages, but moving Messages out of that Menu just bumps the problem along to people who change the Color Theme often.

Maybe it makes sense to instead move the logout button out of the menu? But would adding a little space between it and whatever is above it not do the trick. That Menu is a short list, so some extra space should do no harm?
Wouldn't an "Are you sure you want to log out?" pop-up be a fairly easy solution to this problem?
Jul 16, 2024 5:14 am
bowlofspinach says:
... Wouldn't an "Are you sure you want to log out?" pop-up be a fairly easy solution to this problem?
Definitely a good stopgap measure, and should probably be done anyway. But that popup might get irritating if one kept accidentally hitting it. A some space would still be nice.
Jul 16, 2024 5:34 am
When editing a game in the Game Details page, the JSON data in the "Advanced Rules Definitions" spoiler usually saves the whitespaces making it easier to read:
https://i.imgur.com/JU87RDd.png

On staging, whitespace is not saved making it more difficult to read/edit:
https://i.imgur.com/1rMCV25.png
Jul 16, 2024 7:30 pm
I noticed that the User is missing from the message details in the Inbox for PMs.

Usually it would be:

from doctorbee on July 12, 2024 1:40 am

But it looks like this:
https://i.imgur.com/Ne3LADU.png
Jul 16, 2024 7:48 pm
Chalrytharendir says:
I can't remember if this was reported already, but if so, it's still not working.

If you click the "Create Character" button in a charsheet spoiler, you get a pop-up to fill in the name of the character, but then nothing happens except the "Create Character" button vanishes. When I go to my characters, no character was created.

https://i.imgur.com/Xoi8k7L.png
Can you link me to this page? I'm not aware of this feature or how to make it work, so can't test it myself.
Jul 16, 2024 7:55 pm
vagueGM says:
I did not receive notification emails.

Posting to a thread in a game sent me to a Error 550 page, but the post was made. No email notifications sent.
I made a typo in the code... should be good now.
Jul 16, 2024 8:09 pm
This is the page I screenshot on staging: HERE

This is the post in Adam's BBCode guide about how it works (last section of the post): HERE

Here's the post where I shared the sheet on the current site: HERE

There's also lots of examples of its use in the custom character sheet repository: HERE (go to the last page, the tag's use became common more recently than when the thread was first started). Some of these are more simple, which might be better to use if you're troubleshooting. I used this complicated one because I thought it would test many aspects of custom sheets in one shot. The sheet itself is working great, just the ability to create a character from the post is what isn't working.

Actually, I'll go ahead and create a charsheet tag with a simple custom character sheet in staging below the Mork Borg one, so you have something to troubleshoot with.

It should look and behave like this:
[ +- ] Simple Test Character
Last edited July 16, 2024 8:33 pm
Jul 16, 2024 10:19 pm
Looks like private games are not working. Chalrytharendir was able to see a thread in my allegedly private game.
Chal's screenshot, game in question. Admittedly the game was made before the recent bug fix, so might be a lingering bug.

Decks are not working properly. I have a game with a standard deck added, but site interface constantly claims that it "has 1 cards left" and if I try to draw from it, it won't work unless I only draw a single card.
Edit: scratch this, the problem is with adding a deck. I add a standard deck, it says that it's added with 54 cards, then after refreshing it becomes 1 card. However, if I try to shuffle it, it claims that it has 54 cards.

If I put a character in the library and then delete the sheet, the link remains in the library. (See sheet called Mr. Deleter in staging library.)

GM can't see secret rolls made by players.
Last edited July 16, 2024 10:50 pm
Jul 23, 2024 10:36 pm
Fixed
- bbcode characters
- deck count display
- removing chars from library when deleted
- gms permissions on threads

@FlyingSucculent - Can you try creating a new game and thread to see if folks can still see private games?

Any other bugs I missed in the last week of not working on this?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.