1.4 - The Wyr River: Out of the darkness, into ...

load previous
Mar 14, 2015 4:22 pm
Seeing that Khoren appears to be recovering Utazó assumes the others are as well. She lets out a slight sigh an steps away from the door as she notices Tara working on the left panel. Watching over Tara's shoulder it appears that she has made some sort of progress. As Tara moves over to the other panel Utazó will attempt to assist her.
I'm trying to act as an asset to Tara's upcoming action. Not sure if I need to roll for that, but will add one just in case.
Last edited March 14, 2015 8:38 pm

Rolls

Intellect Roll - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Mar 14, 2015 4:53 pm
Khoren will also peer over Darazen and Vult's shoulders, and attempt to man-splain the correct solutions. But, he will do it as mysteriously as he can with ragged breathing.

Rolls

Intellect check, assisting Darazen and Vult - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Mar 14, 2015 5:38 pm
Vult, nodding as Khoren begins mentioning ideas, continues examining the blue panel.

Rolls

Defense roll - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Intelligence roll - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Mar 14, 2015 5:50 pm
Unsure of what to do, Yui will try to assist Vult and Darazen.

Rolls

intelligence - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Mar 14, 2015 6:37 pm
Remember:If you are still in the room, you need to defend against the attack.... don't forget your defense rolls.
Mar 14, 2015 8:21 pm
Tara will now check out the other panel that Utazo was blocking and see if it's the same as the one she was working on or if it's different, she got the other panel to do something, perhaps she has to get it to happen on both panels to open the door?

Ooops..
Last edited March 14, 2015 8:22 pm

Rolls

Intellect - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Mar 14, 2015 9:07 pm
Speed defense roll

Rolls

Speed defense - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Mar 16, 2015 2:09 am
Yui gulps in air.

Rolls

defense - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Mar 16, 2015 5:51 pm
The "attack" got everyone inside the room. Everyone inside takes 1 point from each pool.

Tara: Seeing her friends sufffering and not sure what she pressed, Tara moves over to the other (right) panel to check if the changing symbol is on that one. It is. It still looks like gibberish to her, but she knows she has to do something. She reaches for the purple panel when....

Utazó: Stepping over to watch Tara, "Hey Tara....maybe if you press THAT one!" and she reaches in towards the panel, bumping Tara's hand.

Tara: .... Tara's hand gets bumped and she hits the yellow sub-panel. The window panel in the center of the door goes suddenly dark.

FYI! They rolled a 2 and a 1 AND they have NO Numenera training. So, I gave Tara HALF of her first action interrupted by Utazó and let her finish the second half.

Khoren: In a raspy voice, Khoren attempts to help... "Maybe, if that one controls air, that other one controls light or wind or maybe it makes it rain."

Yui: Yui gets up and steps over the the group. Books spread out and the panel glowing, she points down to Orange sub-panel. "Why is that symbol next to the arrow in the circle changing?"

Darazen: Thinking to himself~Maybe Khoren is onto something. Maybe this does help control the enviro.... ~Figuring out that the first subpanel (blue) seems to control the air, Darazen focuses on the second (purple) subpanel. Using his books and training, the symbols start to make more sense. He slides the dial a LITTLE to the left and notices he feels a little lighter, sliding it to the right he feels a little heavier. He puts it back to the original setting and feels normal.

Vult: While the air is returning, the change in the air pressure has given Vult the hiccups ~~You rolled the one... I could have made it worse~~ and makes it hard to concentrate. One hicup was so hard, you fumbled your book, almost dropping it and definately losing your place.
Inside the room:
From Darazen's purple attempt: All those inside the room will notice a slight shift in weight... speed defense level 2 for everyone but Darazen who is expecting something, level 1 for him. If you succeed, nothing happens. If you fail, you are nauseated for 1 minute.

The lights in the room suddenly go out! You are plunged into total darkness. The glow from the panels and a slight glow from the frame are your only lights sources.

**click** **click** **hhhissssssssss**

The door starts to slide open and light from the hall floods the room.

Outside the room:
ooc: I am seeing two of the three stooges out here trying to read a physics manual.

The Orange panel's symbol stops and the panel seems to blink for a second.

**click** **click** **hhhissssssssss**

The door starts to slide open and light from the hall floods into a dark room.
Mar 16, 2015 6:24 pm
Khoren stumbles and falls to one knee, dizzy from the strange changes around him. He stands firmly, but wobbles a bit. "I think that I am in love with this control panel," he says, "although it may be the death of us. It's power is astounding."

Rolls

Speed defense - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Mar 16, 2015 7:14 pm
"Whoa... sorry about that!" Darazen apologises as the gravity in the room adjusts slightly. "I should have warned you, but I thought that would happen." The effect was a little bit like a hump on a rollercoaster; not entirely unpleasant. The absence of air had taken even more out of him, and he was feeling considerably weakened. "I don't know about the three of you, but I'm going to need to rest for a long time after this. I've had the stuffing taken out of me. But first I need to work this out so I can sleep peacefully."

He tried to telepathically communicate with whoever turned the lights out... So, things are beginning to make sense. Blue: Air; Purple: Gravity; Yellow: Lights. "I'm going to see if I can work out the orange..."
Last edited March 17, 2015 3:14 pm

Rolls

Speed defense - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Intellect on orange - effort, training, book - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Mar 16, 2015 8:05 pm
Merlin says:
....Through his telepathic link with Khoren he learns the lights went out when Tara pressed the yellow button...
Nice try, but Khoren is on YOUR side of the door and Tara is on the other side. You may a link with Khoren, but Tara and Utazo are out there on their own. You have no idea what triggered the lights.
Mar 16, 2015 8:20 pm
grandmaster says:
Merlin says:
....Through his telepathic link with Khoren he learns the lights went out when Tara pressed the yellow button...
Nice try, but Khoren is on YOUR side of the door and Tara is on the other side. You may a link with Khoren, but Tara and Utazo are out there on their own. You have no idea what triggered the lights.
(ooc: oops... just trying to push things along. haha. But you are absolutely correct).

Noticing the lights go out, Darazen reaches out to Tara. ***What button made the lights go out?***
Last edited March 16, 2015 9:07 pm
Mar 16, 2015 8:36 pm
"Ooops", Utazó says sheepishly realizing what she had done. Stepping back away from the door she says, "go ahead, I'm just going keep an eye out behind us while you play with that damned thing!"

Oh, NOW I roll a 20...
Last edited March 16, 2015 8:37 pm

Rolls

Intellect (watching down the hall) - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Mar 16, 2015 11:11 pm
(Ooc: Utazo casts a critical eye down the corridor)
Mar 17, 2015 2:17 pm
Vult begins gasping and hiccuping, and spends a few minutes trying to steady his breathing.

Rolls

strength check - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Mar 17, 2015 4:47 pm
Tara highfives Utazo. "See! We saved them!" Tara appears quite pleased with her and Utazo's work..

**Darazen? Hey! Glad to hear from you guys! We're not exactly sure. We got the panels to spin the arrow and had a changing character on both pads.. countdown?! and we also accidentally hit the yellow button. We're not sure exactly which opened the door and which turned off the lights.. But now that the door is open I'm not messing with it!!**

"What in the Numenera happened to you guys?! You were stumbling around and looked like you were drunk! Utazo and I were able to get the doors open.. sorry about the lights.. She's guarding the hallway now.." Tara assists in helping our companions from the room into the hallway.

(ooc: see how awesome Utazo and I are! and we don't even have training in the Numenera! hehe)
Last edited March 17, 2015 4:48 pm
Mar 17, 2015 5:36 pm
"Well, Tara, we had a little mishap, and Vult turned off the air. It's hard to breathe without any air." He gives a sidelong look at Vult. "So now we are all together, please be patient and let me work out how this panel works. I think I am beginning to understand it."

Pausing for a second he adds, "I love an intellectual challenge, but if we can sort this panel out I think we need to lock down and rest before proceeding. Vult has taken the wind out of my sails... pun intended."
Mar 17, 2015 8:55 pm
"You're not the only one." Vult wheezes.
Mar 17, 2015 11:44 pm
"Well, if you give chimps long enough, they'll figure out anything." Yui wheezes hard, grumpy at the near death experience. "I agree with Darazen, a siesta would be pretty great."
load next

Thread locked