1.4 - The Wyr River: Out of the darkness, into ...

load previous
Mar 18, 2015 1:48 am
Tara nods, "Very well, I'll be in the hallway while you mess around with those panels... Just in case."
Mar 18, 2015 2:34 am
"Careful Yui. Don't critcize the surgeon when he has the knife in his hands. I might accidentally press the blue panel again. Ho hum." He winks at Yui.
Mar 18, 2015 4:35 am
"Just make sure when your done experimenting that dunderheads like me know what's what.. In case we get separated again. Would hate to press a button and accidentally kill you all.. or worse.." Tara remarks from the hallway to no one in particular.
Mar 18, 2015 2:53 pm
With the door open and the light restored, most of the party thinks it would be a good time to rest. Darazen sits and tries to compare and consolidate notes. Both he and Vult are extremely tired, but feel they should work this out before they rest and while it is still fresh in their minds.

Darazen says he is positive that one panel (left) controls the enviroment inside and and the other (right side) controls the outside. It controls the air, the light, makes things lighter and heavier, and they can lock the doors. Of course, if someone can come along from the other side and undo what you did, like unlocking the door, it is pretty useless.

Vult explains that the red/orange key panel is a locking mechanism. With it locked, secured, or armed (he was not too sure which translation fit, but these make the most sense), no one on the other side can make changes. And, it accepts new IDs and passwords. Now that he knows the sequence, he can set up other IDs if needed.

Utazó and Tara: Utazó hears something again down the hall, a **click click beep click click beep**. She pulls herself together, whispers to Tara for her to follow and makes her away to the T. Peaking around the corner to the left, the hall ends 60 ft down in a door with the panel/window dark.

A little louder now: **beep click click beep click beep click **

It is coming from the right. Turning and looking in that direction, the hall continues another 60 ft and ends in a door to another room. The panels on each side are lit and a sign above the door says "Rememdium". The sounds seem to be coming from the sign. It flickers.
Mar 18, 2015 4:46 pm
Feeling accomplished, Darazen nods to Vult and says, "We can lock the door and rest now."
Then he notices that Utazo and Tara have head off down the corridor. "Oh crap."

Attempting to be stealthy, Darazen moves a few feet up the corridor to be within telepathic range of the two girls, and pleads, ***Please come back and rest. We don't want to set off another chain reaction.***

Rolls

Speed check - stealth - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Mar 18, 2015 5:37 pm
"You go after them." Vult says wearily, slumping down by the panel, ready to lock it.
Mar 19, 2015 1:07 am
Hearing Darazen's voice in her mind stuns Utazó for a bit. "What kind of freak thing is... son of an abhuman... can he hear what I'm thinking..." Shaking her head and stifling her urge to investigate further, Utazó takes one last longing look at the flickering sign before turning back to the room where the others are waiting. "I'm going to join the others for a bit, Tara. May not hurt to get a little rest before continuing on."

As she enters the room Utazó gives Darazen an awkward look.
Last edited March 19, 2015 1:39 am
Mar 19, 2015 1:32 am
Ok, Utazó and everyone returns to the room. Vult demonstrates how the user panel works and locks the door with everyone inside. You all are tired, hurt and hungry. After finding another smaller sub-panel in the main panel, he determined this one was to cover the portal. It did not turn it off, but it did put some sort of shield around it. No one is going in, or coming through it.

You need a good nights rest and it definitely looks like night outside. With the door secured, Darazen turns does the lights so it is not so bright. Even if you have bed-rolls, it is still going to be a cold, hard night on a metal floor.

Let me know how watches are broken down and who is on which watch. Is there anything else you want to do before your ten hour rest?
Mar 19, 2015 1:34 am
Utazó, who is in fairly good shape, offers to take the first watch.
Mar 19, 2015 4:24 am
"I could really use the rest, but I guess I'll be on watch after Utazo. Sleep tight."

With that, Yui unrolls her bedroll and balls up her cloak to use as a pillow, laying her sword next to it. Within seconds, a symphony of snoring fills the room.
Last edited March 19, 2015 4:25 am

Rolls

rest 10 hours - (1d6+1)

(2) + 1 = 3

Mar 19, 2015 7:46 am
Guess that gives me 3rd watch. Tara looks at the hard floor.. ~Well, I've slept in worse with noisier..~ and goes to sleep.

Rolls

Recovery - (1d6+1)

(3) + 1 = 4

Mar 19, 2015 12:41 pm
Darazen is relieved that everyone has returned to the room without initiating any other challenges. He catches the glance from Utazo, but studiously ignores it. ~Making friends was never my strong suit.~

"Well, Vult, if you can lock us down, I think we've all earned a rest."

Rolls

Recovery - 10 hours - (1d6+1)

(4) + 1 = 5

Mar 19, 2015 1:09 pm
Khoren slumps against a wall, mutters something about "wake me if you..." and passes out.

Rolls

Recovery roll - (1d6+1)

(1) + 1 = 2

Mar 19, 2015 1:48 pm
Recovery

Rolls

1 hour - (1d6+1)

(1) + 1 = 2

10 hour - (1d6+1)

(2) + 1 = 3

Mar 19, 2015 2:58 pm
Overnite results:

First Shift: Peaceful

Second Shift: The lighting in the room rose and fell slightly and a small hum was heard. From outside the windows, a few flashes of light were seen. Getting up to investigate, you see a small cloud of dust descending over a portion of the valley. Suddenly, the hum returns and an arch of light flashes from the ridge. It ends in another small flash and forms another cloud of dust. As your eyes adjust, see small rocks in the night sky, falling. Some tumble and crash into the landscape while some tumble towards the "town". The former hit the surface and dust rises leaving small pot-marks while those over the "town" are hit by these beams of light. It appears the Numenera is taking care of itself. You decide it is nothing to worry about and move back to your watch position against the wall with a good line of vision of the door and the portal. ~What a strange place.~

Third Shift: Peaceful. You think you hear a few clicks and pings, but the noises are faint and it could just be your imagination.

If after you awaken and take your "10 hr" recovery and are still down in your pools, refer to the Restore Rolls post.
Mar 19, 2015 4:27 pm
OOC: Per Fuses Flesh with metal, Vult will repair some of the damage to his frame.

Rolls

Repair -- skilled and an asset - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Mar 19, 2015 4:49 pm
ooc: spending an xp to reroll recovery

Rolls

Recovery roll, reroll - (1d6+1)

(2) + 1 = 3

Mar 19, 2015 11:37 pm
OOC: I'd like to suggest that we plow on, instead of resting more. It'd be unrealistic to sleep/rest for 24 hours, and I'd actually welcome the tension.

Fascinating...seems like the town has some sort of defense system. Might be a problem later, though.

Waking up, Yui yawns and stretches as the others awaken. Seeing that the others, especially Khoren, are still in bad shape, she'll try to heal Khoren.

Kneeling next to him, she pulls out a hammer and nails, her trusty katana, and a stuffed animal. Poking at it, she asks: "Where does it hurt?" (kidding, just hammer acupuncture will do the trick).

Rolls

heal Khoren 3-difficulty 3 - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Mar 19, 2015 11:41 pm
oh crap oh crap I'm so rerolling that, I can't have it on my conscience

Hoping her pointed humor cheered him up, Yui puts away her nightmare tools and pulls bandages from her pack.

OOC: Can I heal Khoren 6 points, because I beat a difficulty 6 check?
Last edited March 20, 2015 1:10 am

Rolls

reroll heal Khoren 3-difficulty 3 - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Mar 20, 2015 1:18 am
Darazen takes an action to recover.

Darazen says to the group, "Since we started this impromptu adventure we have taken a beating and had little opportunity to rest. Now we are safe we should make the most of it. If we rest one more day we will be refreshed and ready to take on whatever our next challenge is. If we move on weakened we may regret it. So show of hands... Who wants more rest?"

Darazen raises his hand!

Rolls

Recovery - action - (1d6+1)

(3) + 1 = 4

load next

Thread locked