1.4 - The Wyr River: Out of the darkness, into ...

load previous
Mar 20, 2015 5:24 am
"I have no problems with waiting another day.." Tara replies and raises her hand. "Perhaps we can pass the time by playing a few games and getting to know each other a little better.. or coming up with a strategy on how we'll approach things while we're here.."
Mar 20, 2015 4:44 pm
"But, but, there's a vibrating, noise making sign down the hall that's just begging to be investigated!!" Utazó skulks to herself as she reluctantly raises her hand.
Mar 20, 2015 5:25 pm
"Well, that's three votes. Not quite a majority..."
Mar 20, 2015 7:49 pm
How about after our rest we decide, see how much we're still down. "Zzzz."
Mar 21, 2015 12:18 am
Yui notices Utazo's reluctance, and shoots over to her. "Um, no. Utazo, you seem antsy about this, put that damn thing down." Yui grabs Utazo's hand and points it dramatically towards the door.
"We have no idea what this place is or what dangers it holds, we need to keep going and eventually get out. Also, our food won't last forever here, and I don't know where to get more here, so we really need to push on.
And, you have to admit, those sounds are enticing..."
Guys, we can be safe about this, or we can live on the edge and go, aware that we're wounded but nevertheless pushing on for the sake of discovery and adventure.
Last edited March 21, 2015 12:26 am
Mar 21, 2015 5:18 am
"If everyone wants to stay here, I'll go to sleep." Vult chimes in, sounding exhausted.
Mar 21, 2015 5:51 am
"I make that 4 votes to rest, 1 not, and 1 abstaining. So we stay."

Darazen will perform 2 self heals at level 1 for one point and 3 recovery rolls.

Rolls

Recovery 10 mins - (1d6+1)

(3) + 1 = 4

Recovery 1 hour - (1d6+1)

(2) + 1 = 3

Heal 1 hp - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Heal 1 hp - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Recovery 10 hrs - (1d6+1)

(1) + 1 = 2

Mar 21, 2015 2:15 pm
GM Notes: Usually, the GM announces tallies, but that is okay Darazen. :) After a beat down for the past few days, you are all pretty won out. You all decide to stay and rest another day, secured in the room.

You are getting hungry, yes. There was no food recovered from the mudmen. The only one with packs, if memory serves, was Tara and Vult. They had enough rations (think MREs) for them for three days (nine packs in each pack). It is up to them if they wish to share.

Water will soon be a problem too. You were able to secure some from the pools in the caverns, but after two days you are getting low.

Worse is there is no facility in this room (and no privy or WC either).... what you do eat and drink has to go somewhere. (You never see facilities or such in cinema castles, do you?)

By the end of the second day, your pools are completely restored (no more rolls needed).
Restoration does not (always) mean sleeping. It is resting. You can do this sitting down, laying down, whatever. You can relax and roll die or play cards. You can prepare food and eat. You can study your Numenera books. You can recover while sitting watch even (except the 10 hr).

I need to know what you are doing (someone did mention cards.... would you care to elaborate?)

I also need perception rolls.

Deck Draws

Poker anyone?
3 of Clubs
Hidden Card Hidden Card Hidden Card
3 of Hearts
Mar 21, 2015 3:45 pm
After 36 hours of boredom (we had cards for the first while until someone lost a hand and chucked them through the portal), Khoren is ready to climb through the window/screens. He has spent the time mostly watching the view outside, memorizing the layout and looking for any movement or other changes, like lights going on or off.

Khoren has also cleaned absolutely everything that doesn't flee using his hedge magic, and spent time levitating small objects around the room.

Lastly, while he is trying to rest, he will handle his new sword, swinging it lightly and just carrying it in either hand, getting used to the weight without exerting himself.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Mar 21, 2015 4:14 pm
Commiserating with Khoren on the longness of the rest period, Yui engages in light sparring sessions with the others.
"Khoren, you want to test that new sword?"
After exerting herself lightly, she eats some food she brought (she doesn't have much though) and then sleeps to kill the time.
She then dances the dance of blades with the others again (if they want) until conceding to the monotony.

"Can we please go? Or wait, can I go through the portal and get us some water? Anything but this."
I'd like to go back through the portals and get some more water while everyone rests.

Rolls

perception - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Mar 21, 2015 4:17 pm
Utazó has kept herself occupied by carving things into the wall and watching the carvings slowly disappear as the walls somehow 'heal'. She's also spent quite a bit of time looking out the window studying the weird landscape. "You know, I'm not 100% sure this is the same location I was at when I walked into the portal the first time..."

Rolls

Perception Roll - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Mar 21, 2015 5:52 pm
Darazen watches his comrades behaviors with interest. He always finds people watching interesting, but this group is more interesting than most. Not being one for small talk, he does realize he knows very little about these brave strangers willing to put their lives on the line for a pursuit that is more a mystery than a goal.

To open the door to conversation, Darazen says, "Utazo, tell me about yourself. What is your background and what are your skills?"

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Mar 21, 2015 7:35 pm
"My background? Oh, I don't know if there's much to say about that really." Not really wanting to talk, but without anything else really to do, she continues, "I had been working along the Wyr with my father ever since I was a teenager. When I was little I would beg him to let me come with him on his trips."

Trying to imitate her father's voice, "The Wyr is no place for a little girl, Zó!"

"Eventually when I turned 15 or 16, father relented and started taking me along with him and his coworkers on their 'fishing' trips." Realizing the weird stress she put on the word 'fishing' she quickly moves on. "So I've spent a lot of time out doors, tracking, scouting, and the like. Much more comfortable in the wild than in a place like this. Also managed to pick up a few tricks from a couple of his coworkers."

Utazó continues to carve into the wall, fascinated with the healing properties it continues to show, "Anyway, when Phyrel's was looking for a scout a few years back I was a shoe-in for the job. My father's friends' recommendations were taken very seriously by Mr. Phyrel..."

Turning to Darazen, "And what about you?"
Last edited March 21, 2015 10:41 pm
Mar 22, 2015 2:01 am
OOC: I'm liking this character development time!
Watching the others carefully and observing their mannerisms as she spars, Yui thinks that the band here is more than unusual. The creeper of cleanliness, Three Eyes, the tinman, the scantily clad paragon, the sarlacc fisher's daughter, and me. Our motley band of misfits is almost cute.

Usually boisterous, Yui isn't one for talking about her past, but being Yui she sidles up to Tara.
"How are you so damn honorable and such a well-be-doer? It fascinates me, this world is harsh and cruel, but you manage to stay so damn righteous. How do you do it? I'd like to pick your brains a bit. " Yui smiles to show she doesn't have any ill intent, but she does take on an almost wolflike expression.
Mar 22, 2015 2:33 am
Darazen listens to Utazo's story with interest but is slightly taken aback when she turns the question back on him. "Oh, you want my story?" ~darn it~ "Well, I guess it's only fair." He smiles enigmatically and says, "Well, Zo... I can call you Zo can I? I noticed your father called you that... I think it suits you." He doesn't actually pause for an answer. "My life was certainly different to yours. I didn't spend much time outdoors, rather many hours studying at Asaranti University in Charmonde, the capital City of Navarene. You know that right? Charmonde is the 2nd largest city..." He pauses, "Oh, I'm sorry... I didn't mean to lecture, bad habit you know... All those years of studying and teaching." He laughs nervously.

"My father is one of the greatest academics ever. I was sucked into his world, but I couldn't live up to his expectations, so..." He sighs. "So I left home. I'm not sure it was the wisest thing to do. Look at me now, shitting in a corner with only Khoren to make it smell nice." He glances over at Khoren and says, "He seems like a good guy."
"The Company hired me to gather information. I didn't expect to have to fight for my life when I signed up... But I really appreciate every one of you."
Mar 22, 2015 2:48 am
Utazó pauses a moment after Darazen finishes his story and looks at the ground. Addressing no one in particular she says, "Only my father was allowed to call me Zó. Please call me Utazó."
Last edited March 22, 2015 2:48 am
Mar 22, 2015 2:54 am
"I'm sorry, Utazo. I didn't mean offence." Feeling awkward, Darazen opens his Numenera book and starts to read. ~awkward... At least I have my books~.
Last edited March 22, 2015 2:54 am
Mar 22, 2015 3:13 am
Yui smirks while Tara formulates a response. People. There's always lines and boundaries that divide them, all drawn in their heads.

"Hey, Darazen. When did you start addressing all of us? That was awfully sweet, though." Yui reaches way over and pulls the book out of Darazen's hand.

"Know-how. Knowledge. Power. All held in these hallowed pages, privy to only those who were taught to read. It's sick how so many people hide in these things, going to a different world to run away from reality."

Yui pauses awkwardly.
"Uh...that was my brain leaking out. Sorry, keep reading, scholar."
Last edited March 22, 2015 3:14 am
Mar 22, 2015 3:30 am
Darazen glares at Yui when she grabs the book, and the gem on his forehead glows momentarily. The brief flash of annoyance quickly subsides, and Darazen calmly reaches out his hand to reclaim the book. "Learn your boundaries little one. You shouldn't snatch. Didn't your mother ever teach you that?"

Gently closing the book, in an almost reverent way, Darazen looks up at Yui and asks, "You seem frustrated. Perhaps you would like to chat to pass the time? How did =you= end up on this ill fated adventure, Yui?"
Mar 22, 2015 11:00 am
Kaizival says:
OOC: I'm liking this character development time!
Watching the others carefully and observing their mannerisms as she spars, Yui thinks that the band here is more than unusual. The creeper of cleanliness, Three Eyes, the tinman, the scantily clad paragon, the sarlacc fisher's daughter, and me. Our motley band of misfits is almost cute.

Usually boisterous, Yui isn't one for talking about her past, but being Yui she sidles up to Tara.
"How are you so damn honorable and such a well-be-doer? It fascinates me, this world is harsh and cruel, but you manage to stay so damn righteous. How do you do it? I'd like to pick your brains a bit. " Yui smiles to show she doesn't have any ill intent, but she does take on an almost wolflike expression.
"Well, I grew up at a small monastery to the East of here, well off the beaten path so you shant have heard of it.." Tara begins.. "The monks traded with small nearby communities and together we had a sort of loose friendship. Nobody really wanted anyone 'ruling over them', so we were all free spirits of a sorts. Since the monks were trained in fighting, they helped the other villages when trouble arose in our area of the Steadfast. Book learning was never one of my strengths, I found the physical activities much more to my liking.. So I learned their fighting techniques growing up. Helping being a protector to those other small villages helped me understand my being in the universe.. my place."
Tara takes a moment to let that sink in and then says "As for my being a well-be-doer... One thing the monks used to always tell me was 'Be part of the solution, not the problem.' and I find that to be very true. I try to live my life by that moniker. I grew up with that ideal, protecting the small communities and being given assistance by them. By not being cruel but showing compassion, and sometimes just giving a little hope, I am a part of that solution. I've seen needless suffering inflicted upon others.. I find it unnerving."
Tara gets a little thoughtful and after a small pause, "A little girl in one of the villages once told me she thought little acts of kindness were alive and always wanting to reproduce.." Tara smiles a bit at that.. "Perhaps one day we'll see if she is right. Until then, it certainly won't harm me to be kind to others.. and if someone sees me as weak for that and tries to fight me or forcefully take advantage.. well, they'll be in for quite a surprise, won't they." Tara smirks.

"How about yourself Yui?"

BTW, Tara will be more than happy to lightly spar with you or anyone else who wants it.
Last edited March 22, 2015 11:03 am

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(4) = 4

load next

Thread locked