Chapter One: The Iron Sphere of Sthombo

load previous
Sep 23, 2015 9:08 pm
Shall we enact that plan then?
- Felor uses Thaumaturgy to dim the torch as much as possible while still producing a useful amount of light (duration is 1 minute)
- Vad cast light on an arrow (and deactivating the light he already had)
- Leth fires lit arrow down side tunnel
- Felor uses Thaumaturgy to make as loud a "splash" noise as possible down the side tunnel (range is 30 yards)
- We all quietly hussle down the tunnel continuing southwards
Last edited September 23, 2015 9:16 pm
Sep 23, 2015 9:55 pm
Sounds like a plan to me.
Sep 23, 2015 10:57 pm
"Someone give me an arrow!"
Sep 24, 2015 7:40 pm
Leth hands him one of his arrows.
Sep 24, 2015 9:21 pm
Taking the arrow in his hand, Vad casts a light cantrip on the arrow head and hands it back to Leth. "Let's do this!"
Sep 25, 2015 12:45 am
Leth takes the arrow back and sets it on his bow, then fires it as far down the side tunnel as he can shoot it.

Does this require an attack roll?
Sep 25, 2015 3:39 pm
No. The party executes its plan and continues southward.

Fifty feet ahead, you reach the next drainage tunnel. A foul, sickly stench seems to be coming from it, sharper than the sewer's normal rank effluvial musk.
Sep 25, 2015 5:06 pm
What is the "drainage tunnel"? Another side tunnel like the one we were just at?
Sep 25, 2015 6:17 pm
It's a small tunnel like the one you originally entered through, leading outside.
Sep 25, 2015 6:20 pm
Vad holds his arm up to his mouth and nose hoping that the loose fitting sleeve will help filter out the disgusting smell. He'll approach the side tunnel and look out to see if he can determine what might be out there.

Rolls

Investigation [+1] - (1d20+1)

(18) + 1 = 19

Sep 25, 2015 6:21 pm
Thoughts of the Devil of the Sewers immediately spring into the forefront of Leth's thoughts.

"I don't like this..." He mutters, but keeps moving ahead in which ever direction leads back towards the city gates.

So what's our objective here? Are we trying to just head south and come back up top inside the city and exit Sthombo through the gates, or are we hoping to find a tunnel that actually leads out of the city? Are there any such tunnels?

Also, are we heading south right now? If so we would probably just keep moving along this same tunnel until we can no longer do so.
Sep 25, 2015 6:29 pm
There appears to be a large obstruction made of rotting meat of some sort clogging the drainage tunnel.
Sep 25, 2015 6:51 pm
~ MEANWHILE ~

Mordred Kaliban is just sealing up the hidey-hole where he stored the crate of plum wine from Gurmar that he lifted from a poorly-attended merchant cart in the dark hours of the morning when a strange light and a loud splash catches his attention.
Sep 25, 2015 7:36 pm
Felor tries to stifle a wretch. This is worse than that time with the elk carcass!

I think we should continue south if possible, avoiding stinky meat side-tunnel.
I'm hoping we can get as close to the south city wall as possible before we leave the tunnels, then leave the city via the gate. Maybe we can say we were hunting mosnters in the sewer tunnels?
Last edited September 25, 2015 7:44 pm
Sep 25, 2015 7:45 pm
Mordred grabs his weapons and heads slowly down the tunnel to investigate.

Can I make a perception check? I'm going to move down the tunnel as quickly as I can without making noise.
Last edited September 25, 2015 7:47 pm

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Sep 25, 2015 7:50 pm
Mordred doesn't see evidence of light or the splash as he moves down the tunnel, but he stops near the intersection when he hears rapid footsteps coming from the left.
Sep 25, 2015 7:52 pm
Are there any tunnels that lead directly out of the city?
Sep 25, 2015 8:00 pm
There's no Civic Infrastructure skill, so give me an Insight check...
load next

Thread locked