Chapter One: The Iron Sphere of Sthombo

load previous
Sep 25, 2015 8:02 pm
Leth ponders their path as they move down the sewers.

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+2)

(12) + 2 = 14

Sep 25, 2015 8:05 pm
It's unlikely that a drainage tunnel big enough for humans to crawl through would have been permitted by those in charge of Sthombo's defenses.
Sep 25, 2015 11:01 pm
Mordred is not down in the sewers to make friends, so he's not inclined to interact with anyone rushing towards him. He looks around for somewhere to conceal himself.

Is there any way for me to hide in wait for whomever is coming? If so I will hide and ready a melee attack with my rapier in case I am spotted. If the person passes by without seeing me, I'll head off in the direction they were coming from.

Apparently "stealtg" is Tiefling for "stealth".
Last edited September 25, 2015 11:04 pm

Rolls

Stealtg - (1d20+5)

(16) + 5 = 21

Sep 28, 2015 10:42 am
Is this a roughly accurate representation of the tunnels so far? (as far as the main party is aware)
Orange line/dot is the party's route/current location. Not to scale.
**updated to correct 2nd tunnel**

http://i.imgur.com/qDBIZtx.png
Last edited September 28, 2015 4:38 pm
Sep 28, 2015 4:30 pm
Mordred: the best way for you to hide would be to get in the water.

Felor: sorry for not describing it clearer, but the arrow/splash passage would be going the other way, towards the city, not in the direction of the drainage tunnels.
Sep 29, 2015 11:52 am
Felor peers at the putrid meat blockage the side tunnel in the dim light. Someone/something must have been bringing it down here, it would take years to catch that many rats.

Nature check to see if I can determine what animal(?) the meat is from.

Rolls

Nature skill check - (1d20+3)

(12) + 3 = 15

Sep 29, 2015 12:18 pm
Won't be the first time, probably won't be the last time for Mordred to take a bath in Sthombo's special blend of "mineral water". He quietly lowers himself in to the water, submerging entirely as the footsteps get closer.
Sep 29, 2015 4:10 pm
Felor: how much touching/rearranging of the meat blockage are you willing to engage in?

Mordred takes a practiced sink into the sewer water, up to his eye level, pulling his hood up to conceal his horns. He watches as a justiciar of Sthombo runs left to right across the transverse passage, leaping the gap over the water without breaking stride.
Sep 29, 2015 6:14 pm
Felor will poke at it with his spear, and get as close as he can to look. He won't stick his hand in. He's looking for like fur or tails or claws.
Sep 29, 2015 6:17 pm
It's a pig, Felor tells himself. It's a pig. Just a pig. No need to keep prodding at it. It's a pig.
Sep 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Why would someone bring a mangled pig down here to block a sewer? Felor ponders before realising it's not that pressing a concern and continuing south down the tunnel.
Last edited September 30, 2015 3:53 pm
Sep 29, 2015 6:57 pm
Leth looks back to see Felor examining the meat-filled tunnel. What is he doing? We need to keep moving... He was about to call out to him when he gave up and began moving south again. Leth turns and also keeps moving south, wondering how long it will take them to get to their destination, and whether or not their diversion with the arrow might have worked.
Sep 29, 2015 8:29 pm
You can still hear footsteps behind you. A glance back reveals a shadowy figure moving quickly, a faint light bobbing at its side.
Sep 29, 2015 8:53 pm
Well, so much for our diversion... it was such a good plan, too. Leth thought exasperatedly. At this point, he wasn't opposed to the idea of trying to detain their follower. "Anyone know any spells that would hold our 'friend' here in place for a little bit? We just need him held back long enough so that he won't know which tunnels we're taking and will have to guess to try and follow us."

The light arrow plan really didn't work at all? D:
Sep 29, 2015 11:03 pm
"I have plenty of spells that will kill him. That's kinda like holding, right?" Vad offers.

"Now, did someone say something about a dead pig?"
Sep 29, 2015 11:05 pm
I assume that's me? Am I able to see the party? I'll try a Perception check if I need to.

If I'm successful:

ETA: I was confused. Ignore this next part. Mordred readies an arrow, and in a low whisper says "I assume it's you lot the Justiciar is looking for? I'm not too fond of the authorities myself, but my friends and I have arrows aimed at you from both sides, so tell me what you are wanted for so we can decide what to do with you."
Last edited September 30, 2015 1:25 am

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Sep 29, 2015 11:25 pm
Mordred is still in the arrow passage, having just seen the justiciar pass by. Not to give away the game here but the justiciar is who the rest of the party can see coming down the tunnel.
Sep 30, 2015 1:31 am
Urp, sorry. So, the Justiciar ran West or East down the arrow passage? I thought he followed the party in the entrance...
Sep 30, 2015 9:24 am
This is the current situation as far as I can tell.
http://i.imgur.com/AapyZFC.png
Last edited September 30, 2015 9:24 am
Sep 30, 2015 4:41 pm
Oh, that makes sense. Is that about right, BullOctorok?
load next

Thread locked