Chapter Five: Bapdis Orjo's Gift of Reconciliation

load previous
Jul 20, 2017 4:42 pm
Zangua mutters, "Water don't look dangerous until you wake it up." He remains topside and listens for further calls.
Jul 21, 2017 3:44 pm
Mordred wonders if the creature might be some elemental kin to the mud-beings in the other cave.
Jul 21, 2017 3:59 pm
"I have a feeling it's another version of those mud things in the other cave. I'm going to back away and see if it will just leave us alone."

He backs slowly up the stairs, making calming gestures to the little creature.
Jul 21, 2017 4:50 pm
A reminder that only the west wing of this cave complex remains unexplored.
Jul 24, 2017 3:47 pm
Do you guys just wanna sweep the area for treasure and fast-forward to getting back to the ship and moving on to the next chapter? There's some odds and ends to explore here but the major events/challenges have been dealt with.
Jul 24, 2017 4:39 pm
I'd be happy with that - I'm good with saying that we grab up the interesting bits from the cabinet Domarc emptied and then move on, but I also know that I'm more story driven and others might want the chance to finish some dungeon crawling
Jul 24, 2017 5:55 pm
Yeah, I'm also OK either way, but fast forward sounds good to me.
Jul 24, 2017 6:24 pm
Zangua waits while Mordred returns, peering below to see if anything follows.
OOC:
I'm fine with jumping ahead. Zangua isn't interested in picking through the belongings of (in his mind) a mad wizard, and would follow while the party investigates the complex. Sweeping for treasure and heading back to the ship sounds like a good plan.
Jul 24, 2017 6:51 pm
OOC:
Since they've got the information they came for, Leth is probably in favor of getting off the island sooner rather than later. A quick sweep of the cave and then departure works for me.
Jul 25, 2017 9:44 pm
OK, if there's no objections before tomorrow, I will post a wrap-up for this chapter.
Jul 26, 2017 9:26 pm
The party opts to leave the charred creature alone, and takes such items as look useful from Pafthinel's laboratory of fire before moving on to the west wing of the cavern.

Loot haul from the fire chambers: 1 potion of fire breath, 1 potion of fire giant strength, 2 potions of fire resistance, 1 ring of fire resistance, 2 scrolls of burning hands, 1 scroll of flaming sphere, 3 scrolls of fireball, 1 scroll of wall of fire, and a dagger +2. You take the iron rod and the red egg as well, but their purposes are unknown.

The west wing of the cavern consists of a spacious chamber with hoops and pinwheels set into the ground and suspended from the walls and ceiling. There are holes in this chamber through which air seems to flow and circulate. Strange, small creatures made of gas slip in and out of them, watching you fearfully as you examine the chamber, always keeping their distance and hiding when scrutinized. This chamber also connects to a large cavern that appears to be living quarters for Pafthinel, cluttered with all sorts of mundane furniture and personal effects as well as books and notes and scholarly equipment and all sorts of eccentric nonsense. The party loots what it can.

Loot haul from the air chambers/Pafthinel's room: 3 potions of healing, 2 potions of flying, 2 scrolls of fly, 1 scroll of contact other plane, 1 ring of feather falling, 1 cloak of protection +1, 1 wind fan, 10 silver-tipped arrows +2, a suit of leather armor +2, a longsword +1, and a spear +1. The party also finds an iridescent feather floating inside a small glass sphere, and takes that as well.

Your return to the ship is uneventful; Cornflower and his crew were gravely concerned when they saw the warring elementals the night before and are glad to see you all safely returned, save for Vhezyen.

This concludes Chapter Five of The Secret History of Bload. All player characters should advance their characters to the sixth experience level.

Thread locked