The Runes of Oblivion [Game Thread]

load previous
May 2, 2015 10:19 pm
Behind the corner the passage leads 6 meters to the south before turning west. There is another passage leading east three meters in.
Your trails come from there. You can smell wet earth from this direktion
May 2, 2015 11:14 pm
kalajel says:
Indeed Veldebrand. If we got here, then we were hired for some job. Those notes about the troll probably have to do with something else deeper in this ruin. Perhaps another trap our employer knew of and wanted us to avoid, or some treasure he wanted us to find... either way, we'll find out eventually. Let's be on our guard and continue towards the exit. The sooner we have a clear way out of here in case of emergencies, the easier I'll be breathing...
"Heh if it's a bloody job then I better be gettin' paid!"
May 3, 2015 1:09 am
"Runes that make you forget....a place that is rather forgettable." Veldebrand yawns as he rummages through his rucksack for his pipe and weed. He lights the bowl with a point of magical flame from his fingertip. "I could use a drink, you have any communion wine, healer? Or would it be beer?" he smiles, blowing a smoke ring.
May 3, 2015 2:01 am
No, though we dwarves tend to use communion ale, not wine. But I have none of that either. Perhaps we'll be lucky and find something good to drink deeper in the ruins, though I won't hold my breath...
May 3, 2015 2:28 am
Grapthor's stomach grumbles. "I could eat a bloody sewer rat right now if I had any bleedin' ale t' wash it down with!"
May 3, 2015 1:26 pm
Rollo comes around the southern passage and stands expextandly behind the other players, Flossi at his side.
May 3, 2015 7:18 pm
Enjoying another draw from his pipe, Veldebrand turns to Grapthor..."Do you feel this corridor is just a big circle...or square. Why not cut straight through the rock?" The sorcerer then feels the northern wall of the southern passage for secret doors.

Rolls

Search for secret doors (MND 8 + IN 1) - (1d20)

(17) = 17

May 3, 2015 7:35 pm
:-) Cold hard stone wherever you feel. No secret door that you can find.
May 4, 2015 11:10 am
Grapthor hefts his warhammer onto his shoulder. "Well, have we found the bloody exit? Are we exploring this place or not? Because if we're just standin' around here like fools I'd rather be headin' back to town to see about a bleedin' mutton pie & maybe some beer."
May 4, 2015 1:13 pm
"Perhaps we need to prep a bit, does anyone remember if that town we came into had a provisioner? I could use some basics, hammer, spikes, torches." Veldebrand said rather embarrassed.
May 4, 2015 1:33 pm
"I would get me some bleedin' rations if I had any brains, and some coin." grins Grapthor. "Mebbe I should find me a job back in town and come back in a few weeks."
May 4, 2015 2:58 pm
"I was thinking of just a quick run into town. We are most likely getting paid for whatever it is we were sent to do here. Might be nice to find out who employed us as well. Any other ideas?" the sorcerer asked while puffing on his pipe, the smoke curled around his head.
May 4, 2015 3:49 pm
Perhaps once we find the exit, we'll find a mule laden with equipment and rations; I doubt the old me would have accepted to go on an expedition without preparing... Well, I believe this hallway should take us towards the exit...
May 4, 2015 5:11 pm
"Well, what're we waitin' for then?" Grapthor shoulders his way through to the front of the group and makes a beeline for what appears to be the exit.
May 4, 2015 5:20 pm
Graphtor finds what he is looking for. Following a short passage to the west he finds a wooden trapdoor leading to the outside.
It is well hidden between some bushes in a small valley near the pond.
May 4, 2015 5:43 pm
Grapthor peers through the bushes to see if anyone or anything is about...

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(4) = 4

May 4, 2015 7:58 pm
Graphtor doesn't find anybody and there do not seem to be any animals around. The only sounds are the rusteling of a soft breeze in the leaves and distant birdsong. The "Silent Pond" is aptly named.
There are no fresh tracks around the entrance. It has rained over night and washed away your tracks.
May 4, 2015 8:03 pm
Grapthor pokes his head back in the trapdoor & calls out softly to the rest of the party. "Exit's this way, folks!" He turns to Barekeln, "Your mule's gone with all the ale."
Last edited May 4, 2015 8:06 pm
May 4, 2015 8:09 pm
"Back to town then for a few supplies? Lets also try to find out who gave us this information on the scroll" Veldebrand says as he squints, adjusting to the sunlight.
Last edited May 4, 2015 8:09 pm
May 4, 2015 8:11 pm
Well, obviously it wasn't a dwarven mule... So, what's next? Should we explore the rest of this ruin or try to go back to the inn which is who knows where and how far. At least in here, we have protection against the elements...
load next

Thread locked