The Runes of Oblivion [Game Thread]

load previous
May 4, 2015 8:18 pm
"Our map here seems to say we are 4 hours on foot from the village, friend dwarf." Veldebrand points to the map.
Quote:
It is a roughly sketched map. In the lower right corner you find a spot marked "Forest's Edge" A large forest is detailed with an "X" somewhere towards the middle, northeast of the inn. A legend next to it says "Fandorai's hideout at the foot of Fir Mountain near Silent Pond - 4h on foot" At the bottom in curly handwriting you read "Nude - Troll - Red and Black"
May 4, 2015 8:25 pm
"I'm for exploring the ruin right now but we certainly look ill-equipped. I haven't any coin though, so the town's no bloody good to me unless you folks are willing to give me a loan against my cut of this treasure. All I need's some ale & good dwarven hardtack and I'll be all set. OTherwise, I'll have to eat my armor."
Last edited May 4, 2015 8:49 pm
May 4, 2015 9:39 pm
It seems all we're missing are torches. I do have some coins left to purchase those if need be. But I assume we already had this discussion prior to our amnesia and voted against buying torches for some reason... I guess to avoid us an 8 hours trek (4 hours there and then 4 hours back), we could see about using the surrounding wilderness to try and make ourselves a few makeshift torches, and then explore the ruins to remedy Grapthor's money problems...
May 4, 2015 10:51 pm
"Perhaps there is some dead wood around"
May 4, 2015 11:10 pm
Barekeln looks around for materials to make torches such as dead wood and dried leaves, grass, or vines.

Rolls

Search check (MND+IN) CTN 10 - (1d20)

(12) = 12

May 5, 2015 12:58 am
"Just like the Dreiental Scout days of my youth!" Veldebrand made the scout sign and smiled as he joined the hunt.

Rolls

Search for torch stuff (MND 8 + IN 1) - (1d20)

(10) = 10

May 5, 2015 5:21 am
Rollo takes out two more torches from his backpack and hides behind his back " Why does nobody ask me?" he presents the torches and laughs...
May 5, 2015 5:55 am
Barekeln and Veldebrand easily find suitable branches but vines are rare. You also know that for a good torch you need a wick, mostly some cloth and fuel to burn, usually wax, tallow or tar, none of wich is readily available in the middle of the forest.
May 5, 2015 1:38 pm
"With the remainder of our current torch and these two, we have about 5 hours of light. Let's get moving and explore. If we run out of torchlight, half of our number will be blind. I can set things afire with my firebeam spell but it will not duplicate a torch's light or duration."
May 5, 2015 2:39 pm
Grapthor shrugs, "Bloody dried leather for dinner then. Let's get to it!" He shimmies back through the trapdoor.
May 5, 2015 3:43 pm
Barekeln makes his way back to the 5m x 5m room, the one with the relief of the Goddess of justice and two two doors. He then turns around, hoping the rest of the party followed him there...

So, north door, or south door? I'll put my vote on the north door.
May 5, 2015 3:50 pm
"Sounds good to me" Veldebrand smiles. He then closed his eyes and whispered an incantation, bringing the firebeam spell into his mind. It was all the sorcerer could cast, having left the mage's circle only recently. "Hopefully, we'll find some scrolls in here" he sighed as he got into place behind the warriors.
May 5, 2015 4:18 pm
When everybody is ready, Rollo opens the door. And looks in to the room beyond. Rollo thinks to himself "I hope to find some action here, I'm gettin bored"
May 5, 2015 4:25 pm
Onward, brave adventurers, lies a dark musty corridor. It leads 3 meters north and antoher 3 meters west until it opens into a 4x4 meter room. There is a closed door to the west in the northwest corner. In the flickering light of the torches you see a fireplace with smoke vent. Various implements of torturing ... ... vegetables are on display. You have found the kitchen. Dunn, dunn, dunn!
There is a kitchen counter on the north wall. All is covered in decades of dust. No food is to be found. Apparently the kitchen was left clean.
May 5, 2015 5:10 pm
"it seems like you could cook your leather here" Rollo grins to Grapthor
May 5, 2015 5:47 pm
I doubt we'll find anything interesting here, but I guess it won't hurt searching...

With this, Barekeln examines the fireplace.

Rolls

Search check (MND+IN) CTN 10 - (1d20)

(6) = 6

May 5, 2015 6:15 pm
Indeed Barekeln finds that the former owner of this place left his kitchen in perfect order when he left. No traces of ashes or trash and no left over food anywhere. Under the layer of dust everything is perfectly clean.
May 5, 2015 6:19 pm
"Old Mother Hubbard..." Veldebrand sang quietly as he ran his finger along the counter, looking at the dust.
May 5, 2015 6:56 pm
"That dog of yours is starting to look tasty," Grapthor jests in response to Rollo.
May 5, 2015 7:04 pm
"Growl!!!"
It sounds much like "You, too, dwarf!"
load next

Thread locked