Chapter Two: Dragon Hatchery

load previous
Apr 4, 2017 8:38 pm
OOC:
Any response to Leosin's request?

Also, I'm pretty sure I forgot to state it, so let's assume that the 250 gp reward was delivered to Bughu, Erich, and Jon for checking out the bandit camp
Apr 4, 2017 8:40 pm
OOC:
Totally missed that his request was a group-wide offering, because I fail at reading comprehension today.
Erich looks the monk over quickly. Provided I still have my head on my shoulders after the next great foray, I'd be happy to meet you. Not sure about the others.
Apr 4, 2017 8:42 pm
Bughu blinks. "You know Sir Frume?" he asks, his features softening from their normally-stoic expression. His arms unfold as he turns to face Leosin.
Apr 4, 2017 8:45 pm
"Frume has been a friend of mine for a long time. He shares my concerns about this cult," Leosin says, "I take it you've heard of him?"
Apr 4, 2017 8:53 pm
Bughu extends his hand, this time with a smile. "Sir Frume has mentored me during my service," he says. "He asked me here to check up on rumors about this cult. That sly dog!"
Apr 4, 2017 9:02 pm
Leosin smiles in return and clasps your hand warmly, "It's a small world for sure. Wish I'd known earlier that we had another person in the field! Maybe we could've let you get captured rather than me!" he finishes with a chuckle, then winces in pain. He smiles and waves away any concern for his well-being if it's offered.
Apr 4, 2017 10:15 pm
"Give him my regards should you see him," says Bughu, providing his name if it wasn't already mentioned. "Though I hope to do so myself once this mission has completed."
Apr 5, 2017 1:55 pm
"Glad to hear it, I look forward to seeing you later," he says, then dons his pack and sets off to the north.

You set out toward the raider's camp shortly after, making it there just after noon. You are shocked by what you see. The camp is almost completely empty, the kobold tents burnt to the ground and the towers unmanned. There are just a few men left in the camp and they look more like hunters than cultists.
Apr 5, 2017 4:15 pm
From the party's vantage point, Bughu tries to see if there are obvious signs to indicate which direction the camp has headed off to. He also observes the hunters in the camp to see where they congregate.

"If they're hunters, that might mean some cultists still remain," comments Bughu while he watches. "Those who stayed behind still need food. Question is, did they move the eggs, too? You still got that gem?" The last is directed to Jon.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(11) + 3 = 14

Investigation - (1d20-1)

(17) - 1 = 16

Apr 5, 2017 4:43 pm
After about an hour of watching the camp, you can see that there are three hunters currently in the camp, but it doesn't appear that there are any cultists left here who seem to have taken over a few of the tents on the upper level of the valley. You can see the entrance to the hatchery and you see a flash of movement from within, but you can't see too much of what it was.

Jon's gem still pulls vaguely at the cave that contains the hatchery.
Apr 5, 2017 4:54 pm
Bughu mutters, "I'm guessing they didn't move the eggs. Whatever the reason, there's probably a healthy-sized contingent of soldiers inside the caves, as there's no way they'd leave the nest unguarded."

He turns to the others. "Thoughts?"
Apr 5, 2017 6:08 pm
Only one real way to find out, right? We have an obligation, so we should probably send someone, or someones, who are quiet into the maw to see what they can spot. Then make a better informed decision. Maybe?
Apr 6, 2017 6:47 am
Mryio begins walking to the hunters.
Apr 6, 2017 7:07 am
Bughu mutters darkly at Erich and Jon, "Your trustworthy companion is a shining example of cooperation." If it hasn't already been established, he attempts to keep a low profile as they maintain observation of Mryio's actions.
Apr 6, 2017 12:53 pm
As Mryio approaches, the hunters look up toward him. Seeing that he's no obvious threat, they go back to what they were doing before, more than content to ignore him.
Apr 6, 2017 5:31 pm
Mryio waves his hand at the hunters "How goes the hunt, good enough to spare a traveler some food?"
OOC:
Are they all together?
Apr 6, 2017 5:51 pm
OOC:
They are spread out among the remains of the camp
The hunter that Mryio approaches looks at him with a raised eyebrow, "Sorry, but I'm working here and I don't think they'd like if I gave the food away free," he says gruffly, continuing his work.
Apr 6, 2017 6:05 pm
"No worries, I wouldnt want you to get in trouble on behalf of me. Who's they? Perhaps I can ask them and get an okay."
Apr 6, 2017 6:26 pm
"Boss is in there," he says, pointing to the cave where you know the hatchery to be, "Wouldn't head in there, though. Don't think they like visitors, but you're more than welcome to try."
Apr 6, 2017 6:28 pm
Bughu mentions quietly, "I wonder if the other caves are all connected?"
load next

Thread locked