Chapter Two: Dragon Hatchery

load previous
Apr 10, 2017 8:01 pm
"Very well, if this is your path." Mryio hoists up his hammer and swings it at the cultist attacking him.

Rolls

Attack/Damage - (1d20+5, 2d6+3)

1d20+5 : (9) + 5 = 14

2d6+3 : (26) + 3 = 11

Apr 10, 2017 8:08 pm
The hunters don't react except to sit back and watch. Apparently they don't care about a little scuffle in the cave.

The fight is about 300 feet way from your hiding place.
Apr 10, 2017 8:15 pm
Mryio's maul strikes the dark-clothed man in the guy, flinging him backward and knocking the wind out of him. Despite his obviously serious wounds, he stands up, snarls and charges at the paladin again. Once again, Mryio proves to be a better warrior, turning aside each attack with ease.

Enemies
Cultist 1: 19/19, AC 14 (Sleeping, 10 rds)
Cultist 2: 8/19, AC 14
OOC:
Mryio's turn again!
Apr 10, 2017 8:20 pm
"You have the power to stop this, just leave. I will not follow you, I will not hold a grudge against you. Is this worth losing your life over?"
OOC:
Holding my action, with the trigger being him pushing the attack.
Apr 10, 2017 8:21 pm
"Come on," Bughu states, and begins to head off closer to the camp. He tries to maintain a stealthy approach.
Last edited April 10, 2017 8:21 pm

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+5)

(9) + 5 = 14

Apr 10, 2017 8:23 pm
The man growls, but lowers his weapon, then suddenly lunges forward to attack again. There is a crazed look in his eyes, telling you that nothing in this world can turn him from his mission...
OOC:
Go ahead and roll your readied attack
Apr 10, 2017 8:24 pm
Distracted as they are, the hunters don't notice your approach.
Apr 10, 2017 8:26 pm
"Very well, forgive me for not being able to save you."

Rolls

Attack/Damage - (1d20+5, 2d6+3)

1d20+5 : (12) + 5 = 17

2d6+3 : (14) + 3 = 8

GWF reroll - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Apr 10, 2017 8:35 pm
Mryio's next strike takes the man in the chest, sending him to the ground. He doesn't get back up.
Apr 10, 2017 8:41 pm
OOC:
Mryio will gain a point of inspiration for his attempts to NOT kill the man even in the face of such aggression
Apr 10, 2017 8:43 pm
Mryio puts away his maul, he takes a knee by the man, places a hand on the man's face and closes his eyes "Rest easy, hopefully you can find peace in your afterlife." He stands, pulling a rope out of his bag, and begins tying up the sleeping cultist then drags him out of the cave.
Apr 10, 2017 11:17 pm
Jon follows alongside Bughu.
Apr 11, 2017 1:34 pm
The hunters shrug and return to their work, studiously ignoring you guys.
OOC:
You are all at the mouth of the cave, what now?
Apr 11, 2017 1:58 pm
Mryio props the man up against the cave wall and gives him a few light slaps on his cheek. "Rise and shine, sleeping beauty."
Apr 11, 2017 1:59 pm
The man startles awake and looks around frantically, confused as to what's going on. As he looks at Mryio's mustached face, he remembers and launches a wad of spit into his face, then turns his head to look away.
Apr 11, 2017 2:20 pm
Mryio wipes the spit off his face "Do not be mad at me, I gave you two plenty of chances to stand down when all I wanted do do was have a chat with your boss-lady. You could of avoided all this, if only you simply listened." he stays on his knee, looking the man in the eye "Promise me you'll leave this cult, you don't need them, you can save your friend. Do the right thing friend, your life is more meaningful than to throw it out over this."
Apr 11, 2017 2:38 pm
"I will never betray the oaths I made to the Dragon Queen," he laughs in your face, "Kill me now, if you must, but I will not turn away from my service to Her."
Apr 11, 2017 3:37 pm
Bughu half-listens to the conversation as evident from the twitch in his eye, but his attention is further down the cavern. In these confines, he shoulders his longbow and draws his hand crossbow, sighting along the bolt.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(13) + 3 = 16

Apr 11, 2017 3:50 pm
"I'm not going to kill you, you are no threat to me." Mryio stands and enters the cave, returning shorty after with the lifeless body of the other cultist guard. He sets the body next to the bound one "You can say what you want but you've already betrayed the Dragon Queen. You were tasked to guard that entrance, you failed; your partner died and you're a bound captive. Do you really think your promises would be honored after failing that simple task?"
Apr 11, 2017 3:58 pm
Bughu looks into the cave mouth, but can't see to the other end as the light dies after a short distance into the cave. He does see the cavern opens up a short distance inside.

The cultist narrows his eyes, "I know what you're trying to do here. Trying to weaken my resolve... It won't work. I am shamed by my failure, but I will not give up my oaths to her and you will not break me."

With that, he leans forward as far as he can go and then snaps his body back as hard as he can, smacking his head into the wall. You hear a crack and he falls limp.
load next

Thread locked