Chapter Two: Dragon Hatchery

load previous
Apr 6, 2017 6:40 pm
Mryio looks over in the direction the hunter points "You boys wouldn't happen to be part of that dragon cult I've heard about, would you?"
Apr 6, 2017 6:49 pm
"Us? No," he says, "We were hired to bring in a lot of meat. That's all they told us when they packed up last night and left in a hurry.
Apr 6, 2017 7:00 pm
"Well thank you for your time, Mr...I'm afraid I didn't catch your name, my name's Mryio." he extends an open hand out "I'll let you get back to your work now, have a good one."

Mryio returns to the group and relays what he found.
Last edited April 6, 2017 7:24 pm
Apr 6, 2017 7:04 pm
Bughu speaks up as Myrio nears. "Keep walking, until you are past their vision," he says, referring to the hunters. "Then double back unseen." The last thing he wants is for the mustached man to give away their position.
Apr 6, 2017 7:22 pm
"Eli is my name, good to meet you," he responds with a firm shake and an absent wave goodbye.
Apr 6, 2017 7:34 pm
"You over think things to much. I'm not going to waste my time doubling back because you're paranoid." Mryio makes his way back to the hunter without relaying what he learned to the group.

He sheepishly smiles at the hunter "Seems like my stomach didn't want me to leave without at least trying. When I go in there, assuming that there's more than one person, how do I know which one's your boss?"
Apr 9, 2017 1:24 am
"Lady who hired us wears purple robes, has short black hair. Seems important. You can probably tell the difference between this one and a stupid grunt," he says, then nods, apparently satisfied with his description.
Apr 9, 2017 2:05 am
"Guess I'll go pay her a visit, thanks for the help, friend." Mryio pats his stomach and chuckles "Hunger calls." he says as he turns and makes his way to the cavern.
Apr 10, 2017 2:47 am
"So he's either scouting the caverns under the pretense of being a cultist," says Bughu from their observation post, "or he's going to rat us out."
Apr 10, 2017 12:50 pm
OOC:
Bughu and the rest going to join, or gonna stay out here?
Apr 10, 2017 4:39 pm
OOC:
I'll stick with Bughu.
Apr 10, 2017 4:55 pm
As Mryio enters the cavern, a couple of men in dark clothing leap out at him, scimitars drawn. He is able to see them in time to not be taken off guard.
OOC:
Mryion gets the initiative. These guys are obviously ready to cut you down, how do you react?

Rolls

Mryio Initiative - (1d20+1)

(19) + 1 = 20

Enemy Initiative - (1d20+3)

(9) + 3 = 12

Apr 10, 2017 7:26 pm
Mryio holds out his hands "Now fellas, don't see why you're so hostile, I didn't come to fight ya. The boyo outside said I could come and talk to the lady in purple, something about a meat supply."
Apr 10, 2017 7:30 pm
OOC:
He did say that they might not welcome you!
Your argument doesn't seem to sway them.
Apr 10, 2017 7:37 pm
"You have forced my hand than, you have no one else to blame but yourselves." Mryio extends his hand and grips his holy symbol with the other, and says a quick incantation.

Casting Sleep.

Rolls

Please be nice to me dice ;-; - (5d8)

(33536) = 20

Apr 10, 2017 7:43 pm
One of the approaching men falls to the ground, but the other is unaffected. The other man leaps forward, sword swinging. Mryio frantically bats the flashing weapon away, keeping it well clear of his body. After he recovers from the savageness of the attack, he is ready to fight.

Enemies
Cultist 1: 19/19, AC 14 (Sleeping, 10 rds)
Cultist 2: 19/19, AC 14
OOC:
Your turn!
Apr 10, 2017 7:49 pm
Mryio draws his maul "Do not go down this path, I'm not your enemy I just want to talk to your boss about meat."
OOC:
Dodge action.
Apr 10, 2017 7:51 pm
"No one may enter here on pain of death!" the man growls, continuing his attack on Mryio. Mryio, now on his guard, is easily able to fend off the attacks.

Those of you outside now see Mryio slowly being pushed out of the tunnel by a warrior in black clothing who is viciously attacking.

Enemies
Cultist 1: 19/19, AC 14 (Sleeping, 10 rds)
Cultist 2: 19/19, AC 14
OOC:
Back to Mryio!
Apr 10, 2017 8:00 pm
Bughu unshoulders his longbow. He looks over at the hunters to gauge their reaction, as well as sight the range to the conflict.
load next

Thread locked