Chapter Two: Dragon Hatchery

load previous
Jul 2, 2017 8:11 pm
Mryio offers up the key to Erich or Jon to take over to the door.
OOC:
How heavy is this chest?
Jul 2, 2017 8:36 pm
HypCo says:
Mryio offers up the key to Erich or Jon to take over to the door.
OOC:
How heavy is this chest?
OOC:
Probably about 50 lbs or so
Jul 2, 2017 8:57 pm
OOC:
Gotcha, in that case...
Mryio hoists up his maul and attempts to smash the lock.
Jul 2, 2017 9:10 pm
Bughu tries to silently signal Jon over and see if the halfling can determine which egg is their quarry. He nocks another arrow in the meantime.
Jul 3, 2017 12:06 am
Erich takes the key and moves to the door. When you lot are ready, let me know.
Jul 5, 2017 1:37 pm
Jon moves up to the edge of the dropoff into the lower level and pulls out the gem he was given to help locate the egg. It glows with a fierce light and he nods, "It's definitely down there."
Jul 5, 2017 4:18 pm
Bughu nods to Erich. From the edge of the dropoff, he draws his bow and takes up a watchful position as the gate is unlocked and opened.
Jul 5, 2017 6:35 pm
Erich slides the key into the lock and slowly turns it. If the lock opens, he'll push the door open as well.
Jul 6, 2017 7:59 pm
The door opens with a loud creak, opening the path to the dragon eggs. Jon leads the way, moving amongst the eggs to find which one is the correct one. He stops at a deep blue egg, about two feet high, "It's this one. Just gotta get it outta here and take it back to where we met her before."
Jul 6, 2017 8:06 pm
Bughu stashes his bow and moves down to try and pick up the egg. "Let's go, back out the way we came."
Jul 6, 2017 8:10 pm
The egg is surprisingly heavy, but Bughu manages to pick it up and you begin making your way out of the cave as quietly as possible. There are a couple of times where you have to duck into a dark alcove to hide from patrols, but you finally make it outside.
OOC:
Them was some lucky rolls
Jul 6, 2017 8:13 pm
OOC:
What was the result of Myrio's attempt at picking the lock with his maul?
Jul 6, 2017 8:15 pm
OOC:
Did nothing happen with the chest? Already been asked.
Last edited July 6, 2017 8:16 pm
Jul 6, 2017 8:42 pm
OOC:
Oh wow... I answered a similar question in a different game and assumed that this was done as well. My apologies!
Mryio shatters the front of the chest with his maul, revealing the contents. Inside are a string of pearls, a gold-and-sapphire ring , and a pouch containing a half-dozen masterfully cut and polished precious stones.
Jul 6, 2017 9:03 pm
OOC:
No worries, you're only running like a billion games.
Mryio pockets the chests contents and rejoins the party. If asked about the chest, he'll say there was valuables in it and they can delve into it's worth when they are out of the cave.
Jul 6, 2017 10:42 pm
Bughu sees if Myrio can assist him in carrying the large and heavy egg in turns. "Jon, lead us back to the rendezvous point," he asks of the halfling. "The sooner we get this off our hands, the better."
Jul 6, 2017 11:06 pm
Mryio assists Bughu with carrying the egg whenever needed.
Jul 7, 2017 12:35 pm
Jon holds his sword in one hand as he leads the way out, using Bughu's glowing arrow as a makeshift torch. You make it outside with no confrontation, thankfully.
Jul 7, 2017 4:17 pm
Bughu remembers that we were to hold Lennithon's gem high when arriving at the meeting place. Hopefully it will not have to be held aloft for too long.

He helps to set the egg down, then takes watch with his bow for anything that might show interest in their group.
Jul 7, 2017 4:29 pm
As you arrive at the appointed meeting place once more, you place the egg on the ground in a safe place. Jon raises the gem above his head, which begins to pulse with an inner light.

After several minutes of holding the gem aloft, you hear a voice behind you, "You are as skilled as I had hoped. You have my thanks for retrieving my egg."

You turn around to see Lennithon in her humanoid form approaching the egg, which she lifts with no trouble when she reaches it.
load next

Thread locked