Welcome!

load previous
May 18, 2015 3:51 pm
Absolutely Grendel. I'll ponder your character as I get mine together.
May 19, 2015 12:31 pm
I have completed my backstory, save for connections to PCs. Anyone have any ideas? I'll link you to my page!
May 19, 2015 12:35 pm
Doesn't look like I can see your character from that link. What's your class/background?
May 20, 2015 12:00 am
Oh, bummer D: Reina is a Half-Elf Barbarian, here is her story (written in her own prose).
Quote:
Rage, power, and oppression. That is the meaning of my clan. For many a year I lived under this banner, never stopping to question whose lives we have butchered, what ruin we have created. I saw only the comfort and honor my clan brought before me, a warrior in my prime.

Now, I see differently.

There was a family. I do not know their names, nor remember their words. Etched forever in my heart is the fear scarred across their faces, as my clan's leader-- my own father no less-- ruthlessly tore them from this world. When I approached him filled with sorrow from the killings, he laughed in my face. "The strong will take what they please," he spat, "and the weak will die. That is the way nature is, was, and always will be!" Against his advice, I took my thoughts to the clan, who argued with me for many days. Why couldn't we live in peace with others of our kind? Did he not see the difference between us and the animals that we idolized? Why should we be ashamed of living in what others call "cities," they are just stronger clans with better defenses! I had enough of his nonsense. My kinblood had become nothing but a brutal band of murderers before my eyes.

So, I ran. It felt foreign at first, away from the shelter, the warmth. There was a word that my clan had for this feeling, "Coldhearth." That is what I had become.

A number of months passed, and I had learned the ways of what the city-clan called "Adventuring." It was pleasant in it's own right; many other adventurers reminded me of clansmen from a life before. A few of them I am pleased to call friends. I will prove to my father and myself that the strong are capable of more, of better things than tyranny. The strong help the weak, and that is my strength.
Her technical background is "Folk-Hero," but it's a loose fit. More like a revolutionary, haha. If you're interested in bonds and etc, here:
Quote:
Personality Trait: I'm confident in my own abilities and do what I can to instill confidence in others.
Ideal: Freedom- Tyrants must not be allowed to oppress the people.
Bond: I protect those who cannot protect themselves.
Flaw: The tyrant who rules my land will stop at nothing to see me killed.
May 20, 2015 2:38 am
I've only ran games here on GP so I know in my screen I can access character sheets. How do we do that as a player?!
May 20, 2015 11:26 am
The other players have to set the character to public i believe. .. or add it to the library
May 20, 2015 1:19 pm
I went ahead and added my character(s) to the library, shouldn't be a problem anymore. :)
May 20, 2015 1:21 pm
Yup! That worked
May 20, 2015 2:06 pm
I wasn't aware of the whole public/library thing, so now Kaiakas is in the library if anyone's interested. Hope that worked.
May 20, 2015 2:20 pm
Awesome. I've added mine to the Library as well.
My character is a former soldier, having left after his tour was up being fed up with taking orders from incompetent and misguided officers.
Ideal:Independence:When People follow orders blindly, they embrace a kind of tyranny.

This leads me to believe that Corban might have something in common with Reina, as her ideal is similarly geared towards tyranny. I'd be leaning toward a minor bond with Reina if Morrowlife has any ideas.

For a major bond I think it would still make sense to be with Arjen's wizard as I'd like to go Eldrtich Knight down the road, though maybe a minor bond is enough, and can be built upon in game.

I'm also wide open for any other suggestions anyone has for bonds.

The rest of the mechanical particulars:
Background:Soldier
Specialty:Support staff
Personality Trait: Crude Sense of Humour
Ideal:Independence:When People follow orders blindly, they embrace a kind of tyranny.
Bond: Someone saved my life on the battlefield. To this day I will never leave a friend behind.
Flaw:I have little respect for anyone who is not a proven warrior
May 20, 2015 2:41 pm
Sorry for the silence, work has been, and continues to be, hectic. I should have my sheet done later tonight, but if anyone has any suggestions for a minor bond I'd be most appreciative.
May 20, 2015 2:46 pm
Grendel, that sounds great! I can easily see them working together to stop a group of bandits, how about something like this:
Quote:
In the recent past, Reina found herself upon a small village that was subjugated to paying for "protection" from a group of bandits named the Iron Beaks. At the same time, a man named Corban was fighting this force, and Reina felt obligated to lend a hand. Together, with only the two of them, they decimated the enemy forces, driving the Iron Beaks crew far beyond the reach of the village. Since then, Corban and Reina have been known to work together from time to time.
You can use this same thing to put in your profile, of course changing the focus from Reina onto Corban. What do you think?
May 20, 2015 2:50 pm
I've added mine to the library.

I wrote that Corban saved Zaris from a potentially fatal mugging in the streets and is convinced that he is the reason to still be alive to continue his studies of illusion magic.

For a minor bond, I'll say that Reina and Zaris are from the same Elven city, but don't know each other any more than in passing.
Last edited May 20, 2015 2:51 pm
May 20, 2015 3:21 pm
I'm still needing a weak connection. Any ideas? Any takers?
May 20, 2015 3:33 pm
Arjen, I didn't picture Reina from a city. She's from more of a clan, a bunch of nomads traveling place to place. You could maybe say they have worked for the same adventurer's guild, or maybe frequented a city?
May 20, 2015 3:48 pm
Okay. How about he ran into her at the university in the city at one point?
May 20, 2015 3:53 pm
Note that you can have more connections than I set as the minimum, but you need at least a strong and a weak.
May 20, 2015 4:38 pm
Candi, aye!

Arjen, that could work. It would definitely be minor, because she wouldn't have spent much time at all in a university. I could see her curiosity getting the better of her on an occasion though! Would you mind if the connection was a little more negative? Not a seething hatred of course, but maybe something like...
Quote:
Reina was curious about what a "city" was like. Her people had told her tales of bumbling fools, of people who had less sense than the hungry fox walking into a baited trap. From what she had experienced, however, the truth was far different. The city was a marvelous place, filled with wonder and excitement! All of it, except one place: the university. The people there did nothing, all day and every day, but... read. From time to time, she would even sit as people would talk about things that the people would read later. It was quite pointless, really. Reina once went so far as to have someone explain it to her; an elf named Zaris, whom Reina thought she might like considering his heritage, rambled on for days attempting to convince her of the benefits of such "study." Several weeks and several more arguments later, she angrily gave up trying to understand and has avoided university ever since.
Everyone else: I need a strong connection still, if anyone has any ideas let me know! Preferably if anyone has interacted with nature or explored in some way, you could be the reason that Reina became fascinated with civilization to begin with!
May 20, 2015 4:41 pm
Is there a particular large city near where the adventure might be taking place? I'm happy to exchange a few weak bonds with the Warlock/Paladin pair of Caedron and unique_exemplar. We could have crossed paths in some major centre or perhaps butted heads if your task at hand was very church-tyrannical ;) I can see Corban not exactly agreeing with the blind faith required of a Paladin's holy oath.
May 20, 2015 4:43 pm
Reina/Morrow, can flesh this out later but you had a run in with Rurik on his constant search for a way to discharge his patron when he was exploring ancient ruins or rare herbs/animals. During his search he shared stories of the world beyond the wilderness?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.