Welcome!

load previous
May 20, 2015 4:50 pm
Caedron, that sounds tricky, but if you have an idea go for it! I'd love to see what you can come up with :)
May 20, 2015 5:02 pm
Hey Grendelthebrave, I think this is great! I thought we would come to this when I read your character description. My character will be going down the Oath of Vengeance. The persecution he's experienced by just being a Tiefling, and his father's unjust murder, has led him to hunt evil no matter what. He's loyal to his temple, but he's fiercely suspicious of corruption in everyone. With Caedron's warlock, he keeps a close eye on the dwarf, wary that the foul power he wields and how easily he succumbs to it. I would think that Grendelthebrave's barbarian and my paladin would have some interesting discussions about blind faith and tyranny. I'm totally for it! Perhaps they've met when Kaiakas was hunting down orc raiders?
May 20, 2015 5:04 pm
Grendel: The game is loosely set in Forgotten Realms (so loosely in fact that you won't recognize any of the location names in the adventure from the realms, but I'm calling it in the realms anyway). So, any city name will do - Neverwinter perhaps?
May 20, 2015 5:07 pm
Excellent!

Reina's the barbarian, I'm just a fighter, but both of our ideals are against tyranny. I'm definitely down with them having met while Kaiakas was hunting down Orc raiders. Corban could have taken part, as raiders need to be stopped, regardless of who's giving the orders to do it.

EDIT:
I'm okay with Neverwinter if everyone else is, though I'll happily agree with any other city, Arjen did you have a city in mind where Corban and Zaris would have crossed paths?
Last edited May 20, 2015 5:08 pm
May 20, 2015 5:29 pm
Here's a map of the Realms for you all to refer to. Note that I'm not actually going to locate the primary adventure site on this map, as that would require me to change names of locations and edit the adventure (and I'm already updating it to 5e so I want to minimize the amount of extra work -- that's what I mean by 'loosely' set in the Realms).
May 20, 2015 5:43 pm
Whoops! Got all confused. Sorry Grendelthebrave. Still, it all works. Your fighter, my paladin. All good there.
Also, Neverwinter works for me. My home temple could be in any city, really.
May 20, 2015 5:49 pm
Love it! Exactly how I picture Zaris!
May 22, 2015 5:29 pm
Hey Candi, do you have a date you're hoping to start the game?
May 22, 2015 5:30 pm
Whenever the characters are all done
May 22, 2015 5:44 pm
Ok, cool. Ceadron, I understand you were having time issues. If you need help, don't hesitate to ask :-)
May 22, 2015 6:23 pm
I've updated my character sheet with my character bonds to Zaris (major), Reina(minor), Kaiakas, and Rurik(minor).

I assumed that Kaiakas and Rurik were already travelling together when Corban came across Kaiakas battling the Orc raiders, is that okay or should I correct it to only bond to Kaiakas?
May 22, 2015 6:25 pm
I think that sounds accurate. The way I understood it, Kaiakas and Rurik are grouped up already.
May 22, 2015 7:23 pm
Things are calming down, I have my character sheet about 70% done I just need to write down equipment, do the background stuff (hermit/sage/what have you) and I should be good. Other than that I need to get Morrow's strong bond written up, which I'm taking care of now since work is slow at the moment.
May 22, 2015 7:59 pm
Morrow/Candi, let me know what you think of this:

Soon after turning her back on her clan and their evil ways, Reina came across the remains of a pitched battle by old ruins being reclaimed by the forest. Great scorch marks marred the land and made shattered stumps of the nearest trees, mingled among the blasted woodlands were the bodies of a small mercenary group. More unsettling still was the carcass of a creature clearly not of this world, a brimstone stench redolent in the air above its remains, covered in wounds from steel and spell alike.
Searching among the bodies, she discovered that the fell creature had not downed all of the group, for a cadaverous dwarf still clung tenaciously to life. Near death though he was, he remained conscious though not fully aware of his surroundings, muttering and arguing with himself as near as Reina was able to tell.
Believing this to be a test from the gods to see if she really had turned from the tyranny of her former clan mates, she helped the dwarf from the battle site and into shelter where he could recover. As the days passed she became intrigued by his tales of the cities and the opportunities that awaited within.
Following his recovery, the two trekked back to civilization, Rurik disappearing into the crowds with an uneasy heart for abandoning Reina without a guide, but not wanting his demonic patron to have access to a new thrall
May 22, 2015 11:47 pm
Caedron, I like that! I'm going to make a few edits to it for my character's sake, but I love the idea! The things I'm going to change:

- Omitting "evil" from her clan's ways. They aren't actually evil (technically they're lawful neutral), just misguided.

- Changing this line: "Believing this to be a test from the gods to see if she really had turned from the tyranny of her former clan mates" to "As if to prove a point that she had truly turned against the tyrannical rule of her former clan," Because Reina doesn't necessarily believe in any gods. At least, not yet.

- Lastly, I'm going to alter the final paragraph to Reina's perspective on for her back story. I will write this instead: "Following Rurik's recovery, the two trekked back to civilization. Being enthralled with the new sights, sounds, and smells, Reina completely lost track of Rurik despite searching for hours. He seemed to have vanished! Reina was deeply saddened by this, his absence; Rurik was her very first friend outside of her clan. To this day, upon entering a new town or city Reina inquires about her companion and friend, hoping one day to regroup with him and learn more of his mysterious ways."

Of course you're welcome to not change anything on your end, that's just how I see Reina in my mind's eye. :)
May 23, 2015 9:30 pm
The first two points we can change no problem, the third can just be how Rurik and Reina see the same situation through different eyes.
May 23, 2015 10:01 pm
Exactly what I was thinking. A great job, sir!
May 24, 2015 1:36 am
Yes, let's say it was in Neverwinter were they crossed paths.
May 24, 2015 12:51 pm
Everything looks good folks!
May 24, 2015 3:00 pm
Excellent, I can't wait.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.