Octagon - Another Purpose - Game Thread.

load previous
Jun 22, 2015 2:12 pm
Lucas approaches to the edge of the road, and picks one of the flying objects from the air with the avatrol skin piece he just recieved. He looks through the small, semi-transparent round membrane. He looks around and then focuses on the horizon trying to see something that he is sure is there.
Jun 22, 2015 2:30 pm
The membrane encased in avatrol skin makes very high-tone noise, and then becomes silent. Lucas felt light tremor from the encased membrane which released charge, and that charge was reflected by the skin few times into membrane itself.
Results passed to Lucas using note system
BlackStork sent a note to themightykobold
Jun 22, 2015 4:27 pm
Mandoric turns to Lucas. He is fascinated by this numenera. If they could be harvested in some way, perhaps this could be the way to make his fortune.

"Mr Cloudscraper, would I be able to have a look through the spore too? Or failing that, could I possibly borrow that piece of Avatrol hide and catch one of my own?"
Jun 22, 2015 5:25 pm
Lucas passes the spore around so that all can see what he sees. If the particle gets too damaged, we'll grab another. He points out strutures that seem to be hidden in an extra dimension. "I don't know how much time we have. Everyone look quickly and then I think we should move. There are four corridors that way which will only support single file walking. The fourth leads to a bunker in the distance. It was a bunker I saw in my vision. After everyone has a look, I will lead. I saw some figures that way and they may not have noticed us yet, especially if they are operating in another plane of reality." As an aside, he adds to Nyom, "When we get there, I saw one last thing which suggests I will need your help. It was unclear but I may know more once we get there."
Jun 22, 2015 5:33 pm
Spore being passed from party member to party member, and the party members see the same thing that Lucas saw:

There some damaged parts already on the membrane's surface, but most of it still lives, and through the undamaged parts the surroundings looks differently from what they saw without membrane.
The countless refractions of the light, done by ascending particles changed reality, displacing things greatly. Now, through the damaged membrane one can see four visible corridors in the clouds of ascending particles.
The first one is probably the entrance, from where the party entered the valley.
The second, by the road (the real one, not refracted one) leads towards distant hills on the horizon, clear and straight pass with the road
The third is the one where the refracted corridor points. The only one which is visible without the membrane, which have road under it, if membrane is not used.
The fourth one .. leads to something distant. Small building. It is distant but visible from here. It's far but there some human-sized figures are circling around the building. The distance is 250-300 meters.
The corridor is very narrow. It wont allow to pass two persons at same time, so the party will need to pass it very carefully, by following leading person who have the membrane (probably Lucas) and each other step by step, walking in column. If they wont do so they are risking to contact the particles with their bodies. If they will not see the corridor which is visible through the membrane, and will not distinct the corridor from the clouds surrounding it, they must be really really careful in order to avoid any contacts with raising umbrellas.
The corridor is narrow but straigth, pointing to the distant bunker of sorts, which situated on less elevated point, on nearby hill. The party will need to descend from the highter hill , following straight line of the narrow corridor in order to reach the building.

Extended turn actions remained: Lucas: 0; Mandoric: 1; Rest Party Memebers :2, turn will end once each one done at least 1 turn/post
Jun 22, 2015 10:26 pm
"Me!?" Nyom asks as she gives Lucas a stunned look, "We must be seeing different things!" Stepping back she pauses for a moment to regain her composure and then adds, "Of course if it turns out that my help is needed I'll do everything I can."

She then sits in place on the ground, takes a stone from her back, and tends to her spear blades. Slowly sliding the blades over the stone she looks towards Jax. "Got to take care of my baby!"

Nyom will spend the rest of the time tending to her equipment.
Jun 23, 2015 6:20 am
Ronna examines the spore eyes wide with fascination. She watches the visions in silence until it hits her that the membrane is damaged. Instinctively, without thinking, she reaches over and touches the spore, trying to use her healing touch to make it whole again.

Rolls

Touch of healing on the spore (use 1 level of Effort) - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Jun 23, 2015 6:44 am
Ronna please roll Int roll, i will determine affecting skills myself. the puprose and the results of the roll could be understood/revealed only if the Int roll suceed

Jax turn needed in order to proceed with the turn.
Jun 23, 2015 6:58 am
Ronna stares at the spore intently, trying to see if her touch has any effect.

Rolls

Intelligence roll - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Jun 23, 2015 5:12 pm
"Fascinating, fascinating. Mr Highborn, Mr da Zaan - do you think it would be a good idea if we all had our own piece of Avatrol hide, and one of these seeds to look through? It would probably make our journey safer, especially if we choose to approach that building, though I must say I am in favour of taking the most direct route out of this dangerous area and towards wherever Mr da Zaan is leading us."
Last edited June 23, 2015 5:13 pm
Jun 23, 2015 8:42 pm
Before Jax accepts the skin bag back, Zinobia withdraws his hands, and takes it back.
He turns towards Mandoric and nods: "Yes, good idea.... it won't take much from the skin...... i am not sure but i hope it wont take too much skin that it would be impossible to craft full body armor with it..... But it will make our passage much safer. To tell the truth this thing ... is a great temptation to me... I say we should try our luck and check what is it about. It is amazing how much things this whole area could hide. Perhaps one who created this numenera did it at some purpose. We should not miss such chance..... We are lucky that Lucas had the vision which could help us not only reach our destination without delays, but also will help to reach some well hidden, invisible, elusive numenera. As i promised, you will have numenera, and alot. It is all yours. But i am very anxious to see what is it. Perhaps we could find something that could help us in our quest."

He started to cut small pieces of Avatrol skin, giving the piece to each of the party members.

Now each one have new piece of the avatrol skin. The first one, with membrane, is at Ronna hands now.

Jax turn required. Mandoric, Ronna and Lucas done 2 actions in this extended turn and can not act before the turn ends. Results on other actions will be provided when Jax makes his action and turn ends.
Jun 25, 2015 12:14 am
Jax notices his hammer could use a cleaning as well. Bts of dried blood and fur from the Avatrol still reside on his equipment. A nasty sight indeed but a sign of a job well done.

"Nothing like a battle to refresh ourselves in the art of combat. I must admit we looked a bit rusty out there. Perhaps we should train more often now to prepare ourselves for when we are going to be needed to fight. I trust our friends here would like us in the best shape for fighting as well when we are needed to protect them.

Jax looks over to Lucas and smiles

"Very nice find there Lucas. Youre a bright one and with some work and combat experience you'll make a fine archer on top of having a keen eye.
Jun 25, 2015 12:37 am
Nyom nods in agreement to Jax. "Yes, haven't made a very good showing of myself so far. I think a little training would go a far way."
Jun 25, 2015 5:50 am
While Zinobia was cutting and giving the pieces of avatrol skin to each party member Ronna attempted to interract and to heal the membrane. She touched it and transmitted her miraculous power with utter concentration, trying to heal it.

BlackStork sent a note to Gargoyle
Then Zenobia said: "Ok. Lets grab those things and we'll follow Lucas. Try to be careful. Watch your step. Prepare your weapons, we do not know who or what those figures are"

each party member have avatrol skin piece in the hand , Ronna have the first piece of skin with damaged membrane
Jun 25, 2015 12:26 pm
Lucas grabs a new mebrane and as Lucas begins to lead towards the bunker, he makes idle conversation.

"Mandoric, am I Mr. Highborn? The idea of myself as nobility was one I had hoped to get away from out here. In helping to bind my people together, I found a true purpose, one that exceeds social class. I am here to lead a new group of people that can live off of one another without feeling superior, one that believes in reciprocity over repercussions. Don’t get me wrong, I was in fact born with a silver spoon up my rectum but having pride in the things we did not choose for ourselves is a false idol that too many sacrifice their lives to.
"Also, Jax, I’ll have you know I’m just as good at archery as I am with this sword on my back . . . it’s just . . . what’s the sense of getting into the thick of things when you can still wage war from afar. I’m sure the time will come to use this blade, though. Hopefully you will speak as highly of my blossoming skill in its use as well."

As he talks, Lucas keeps his eys open, trying to make out what the creatures in the distance are.
Last edited June 25, 2015 9:30 pm
Jun 25, 2015 2:32 pm
Mandoric uses the avatrol skin to catch a floating seed, and looks through it as he moves along the path towards the building. He answers his question in an unusually halting fashion,

"Well, Mr Cloudscraper, I admire you both for your high birth and for your desire not to lord it over others. In actual fact, I was referring to ... ah ... Jax Highborn. I find personal names come hard to me. In Lhauric we are more ... formal than in many other places. If you would prefer it I can use your given name - Lucas. And the same goes for you all. I never saw such ... self-sacrifice in Lhauric as I have already experienced with you ladies and gentlemen, and I am coming to see you as my friends ... in Lhauric we rarely risk calling someone a friend ... the million gods may call on any of us to make the ultimate sacrifice at any time."

The merchant looks ahead through the seed's umbrella and brightens at the possibility of interaction with humanoid creatures,

"If the figures we see around that structure are not immediately violent, I would be happy to talk with them. I am a man of commerce, not violence, and who knows if there might not be some mutual benefit in our meeting."

Nevertheless, he draws his whip at Zinobia's bidding, and calls his seskii to heel as he traverses the mysterious path with his companions.

BlackStork is that enough? I presume with the avatrol skin it is trivial to catch a seed, and doesn't require a roll to do so?
Last edited June 25, 2015 3:11 pm
Jun 25, 2015 2:58 pm
i remind that none of you except Ronna had not membranes. For making it simple i assuming each of you took another membrane - each one for himself, using the avatrol skins pieces given by Zinobia. You can add/append your posts. The effects will be same as done first time by Lucas.
Jun 25, 2015 6:25 pm
Everyone is probably already accustomed to Ronna walking behind the others. This time she is following the group on automate, barely watching where she is going. Her focus is on intently examining the membrane she is carrying, trying to understand it and its reaction to her touch.

"I wonder…", she mutters, barely audible.

Rolls

Intelligence roll - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Jun 25, 2015 6:37 pm
Catching membrane is trivial task
Jun 26, 2015 8:42 am
Nyom and Jax turns required to end the turn.

Ronna, please add int attention roll to your post (retroactive roll)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.