Prologue: Paying Your Debts

load previous
Jun 15, 2015 5:08 pm
Corban lies still, biding his time for his inevitable triumph.

OOC: dang.
Last edited June 15, 2015 5:08 pm

Rolls

death save (2) - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Jun 15, 2015 6:14 pm
Reina ignores the fleeing bats and sets to stabilizing Corban. She's never been trained to do this, but her battlefield experience and intuitions gave her enough guidance to staunch the blood flow and prevent him from dying outright.

The room quiets as the giant bat and remaining swarm disappear up the stair well and presumably disperse into the night. It is now just you, your wounds and the wounded sitting in the eerie quiet of the basement.

Reina stabilizes Corban.

Corban and Rurik are still unconscious.
The battle is over.
Jun 15, 2015 7:27 pm
Miraculously, the dwarf's breathing returned to normal. Kaiakas breathed a heavy sigh of relief as he sat on the ground beside Rurik. After a moment, he looked around at the rest of the group, "How is everyone fairing? Alive?"
Unless otherwise needed, Kaiakas intended to stay put and rest beside his friend.

Rolls

Short rest recovery - (1d10+1)

(4) + 1 = 5

Jun 15, 2015 7:33 pm
Corban awoke with a gasp. "What in the hells... Zaris, did you talk me into collecting guano with you again? Oh wait... yeah." With a wincing sigh, Corban sits up and takes a few breaths, bracing himself for the adventure ahead.

Rolls

Hit Die - (1d10+2)

(7) + 2 = 9

Jun 16, 2015 8:39 pm
Rurik sputters back to consciousness, thrashing and slapping at bats that are no longer there. A stream of curses in dwarven and demonic escape his lips as he recovers his senses. "Sodding bats!"

Rolls

Hit die healing - (1d8)

(6) = 6

Jun 17, 2015 2:02 am
Zaris chuckled softly as his friend. "Trust me, I have no more interest in the two of us collecting bat crap ever again!" he stated, the grin growing across his face. He quickly turned to his injured companions, "Do any of you need any help? I'm not sure what I can offer though," he added with regret in his voice. He knew he didn't have much in the way of healing skills.

The wizard than sat down against a wall, withdrew his spell book, and read from it quietly preparing a pell or two for what else may arise.
Jun 17, 2015 11:49 am
Reina sits down and leans up against the wall, a quiet and solemn look on her face. After the first ten minutes of resting Rurik and Kaiakas suddenly pale and appear to feint. The lay motionless on the ground. Their eyes are open and aware. A minute or so of panic and concern later the paralysis passes.

Rurik and Kaiakas were Paralyzed for 1 minute

You rest for 20 minutes. Some of you already spent 1 Hit Die, so you have 1 "Short Rest Point" left to spend. If you have class abilities that recharge on short rest, or are used on short rest, you may recharge or use one of them. For Zaris, you didn't need a Hit Die so you've got 2.

Everyone (except Reina) gains Inspiration
Jun 17, 2015 2:44 pm
"Well, that was fun, you two done your naps?" Corban gestures toward Rurik and Kaiakas. Corban finds where his torch fell earlier, then re-lights it if necessary. He then reorients himself and looks around the chamber that they've found themselves within.

OOC:
Just a look around to see what this room has to offer for us, especially concerning future moves. I'll let passive perception handle this :)
Jun 17, 2015 3:22 pm
The chamber is mostly covered in bat guano. The ceiling here is gently vaulted, providing a nice space for the bats to roost. There are only two exits. The hallway you came from and a closed door opposite it. The closed door is a bit curious however, as the bottom third has been crudely hacked away and there is a hole big enough for a creature no bigger than a small halfling to squeeze through.

Corbin's eyes aren't keen enough to notice anything else. Fortunately Zaris, upon finishing his spells, also glances around and sees something sparkling in one corner of the room. A careful look confirms that it is a glass bottle filled with a viscous red liquid. A waft of it verifies that it is a crudely made healing potion. The recipe is hard to botch, but this particular alchemist didn't have the skill to fully mix the requisite paste into the fluid and as such it gelled up quite a bit. It'll probably do the job of a healing potion, but it won't go down easy.

Zaris finds a Healing Potion
Jun 18, 2015 2:18 am
"it heartens me to hear that you're unconcerned that a pair of your companions froze up for no reason lad Rurik snarls, having had quite enough of losing control of his body and consciousness for one day. Staning up and stretching, he paces a bit to get the feeling back in his limbs. Seeing the hole in the bottom of the door, he squats down to see if anything is visible to his darkvision enhanced eyes on the other side.

Rolls

Perception check - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Jun 18, 2015 4:10 am
Upon hearing the panic of his comrades, Zaris hurried over to Rurik and Reina. "Paralyzed?! Are you sure?" he asked as he pulled a book out of his pack and started flipping through it. "I don't seem to have anything regarding paralysis in here. Quickly, stick out your tongues and say ahhh"
Jun 18, 2015 5:38 am
Kaiakas raises an eyebrow at Zaris, clearly annoyed. "We're fine."
He stands and gathers his equipment as he addresses the group. "Are we quite ready to move forward?"
Jun 18, 2015 12:16 pm
Peering through the hole Rurik sees a small hallway about 60 feet long that ends in a door with the same bottom portion roughly hacked away. Along the sides of the hallway there are collapsed and caved in doorways.
Jun 18, 2015 3:59 pm
"Probably just caught the lock jaw from the bats, with any luck I'll be shutting up for you soon too" Corban says with another grin.

"What's in there Rurik? Will the door open for us, less, uh, vertically challenged party members?" Corban is careful to save this comment for when the Dwarf is well into the opening in the door, hopefully hindering sudden violent backlash.

OOC: If Rurik goes through, Corban will try the door. If required he'll give it a kick.

Rolls

Strength +3 - (1d20+3)

(19) + 3 = 22

Jun 18, 2015 8:53 pm
Rurik favors Corban with a sour look and steps out of the way. "A hallway ending in another door, the doors of t'the side are caved in" he shares a look with Kaiakas things suddenly making sense about what may have led to the bar fight the night prior.
Jun 19, 2015 1:37 am
"This is beginning to trouble me," the wizard stated bluntly. "This place doesn't feel safe. We avoided the fungus once, I pray we are able to do so a second time."
Jun 19, 2015 5:12 pm
"Well, let's get out of this guano-filled mess" Corban walks up to the door after Rurik steps away. He tries the door, but it doesn't budge. "Well," he says with a grin, "good thing I brought my lockpick"

Stepping back and bracing himself, Corban throws a mighty kick, hitting the door in the sweet spot, and breaking it wide open. "After me?" Corban steps through the door to the other door with the bottom ripped out, and tries this one as well.

OOC: And in an effort to keep things moving, another kick if it's locked like the previous.

Rolls

Strength +3 - (1d20+3)

(7) + 3 = 10

Jun 19, 2015 6:39 pm
Corban gives a strong kick to the second door. It shudders in response but does not appear to budge. Corban leans into it with a shoulder and it bursts open, the wood weakened and strained by this first kick.

Inside is a room, about forty feet square. A rough, handmade cot sits in one corner, a small wood table and stool in the opposite. On the table are the basic components of an alchemical apparatus and several stoppered potions. In the middle of the room is a man.. Or maybe it's a man sized and shaped rat. It's holding a blade and narrows it's eyes at you as you barge into its room, "Who are you? Why are you in my home?"
Jun 19, 2015 7:46 pm
Allowing the others to take care of the door, Kaiakas springs into action upon hearing the voice. "Hold!" The Tiefling pushes himself to the front of the group with hands held outstretched as a show of peace."I am a paladin in service of Tyr, God of Justice. You have nothing to fear from us if you have committed no evil." He looks over his shoulder to glance at the group, ensuring they understand what he just promised.

[OOC: If a roll is needed, would that be persuasion?]

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d20+3)

(6) + 3 = 9

Jun 20, 2015 9:41 pm
The wererat seems unconvinced, he remains poised for combat but does not attack, "Evil is in the eyes of the beholder. I am alive and I keep to myself. You may have thought this an uninhabited tower, but now you know it is my home. If you are not brigands you will leave me to quietly live out my cursed life."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.