Chapter Six: The Muster of Caltlikrath

load previous
Jul 2, 2018 4:15 pm
Happy Monday, folks! The party has some decisions to make!

1. What are you going to do with Rumio? Let him go, kill him, question him, take him prisoner?

2. Where is the party headed next?
Jul 2, 2018 7:01 pm
"We should probably kill him," Zangua says. "He might honor his promise to not bother us, but his leaders would probably order him to come back."
Jul 2, 2018 8:11 pm
"They would simply send someone else, and I would rather deal with Rumio than another dragonborn. There may yet be useful information to be gleaned from him, but I say we set him free when we are done."
Jul 3, 2018 4:13 pm
"I am learning that with the Cult, there is always another," Domarc says. "Perhaps better a face we recognize than the next one that we won't. What else do we want to learn from him?"
Jul 10, 2018 4:28 pm
Alright, let's get this moving! Who's around?
Jul 10, 2018 5:09 pm
"He said he ain't gonna betray them," says Zangua. "Not gonna get anything important, I figure. Maybe we take his tongue?"
Jul 10, 2018 6:12 pm
"I don't see any reason to do that, Zangua. He's been nothing but useful to us this far. I say let him go.

If Gorham is going to continue to track us anywhere we go on Bload - or off - we might as well go to this church in Alband and see what he wants, what he has to offer. I'm not going to betray Edvers' name, but it seems like we are running around like rats in a bucket while the Crown pokes and prods us whenever they see fit. Might as well stop running and save our strength."
Jul 11, 2018 5:09 pm
While the party is discussing their options, Rumio makes a run for it, sprinting as fast as he can in a southerly direction.
Jul 11, 2018 5:24 pm
"Did we take his weapon?" Zangua asks.
Jul 11, 2018 7:30 pm
I assumed you disarmed him as part of taking him captive.
Jul 11, 2018 7:38 pm
Zangua huffs, perhaps really wanting a tongue. With a shrug, he says, "Let's go. If we're gonna assault that temple, we might as well get it over with. You think he has Zora, too?"
Jul 11, 2018 9:49 pm
Is everybody on board with going to Alband to possibly arrange a face-to-face with Gorham? You will have to backtrack a bit to Hazard, then ride about seventeen miles up a well-travelled road. You could expect to arrive there by nightfall, more or less.
Jul 12, 2018 4:22 pm
That's three for Alband. Will be moving things along later today unless anyone objects.
Jul 12, 2018 11:46 pm
"Maybe if we can get Gorham out of the picture, they won't be able to spy on us quite as well. And I don't feel great about the idea of leaving Martjan in their hands." Leth comments. "I'm down for heading to Alband."
Jul 13, 2018 4:44 pm
The party watches Rumio recede into the distance, then returns to the inn to retrieve their horses. Heading back toward Hazard, you soon find a trail that wends through a bean field to connect to the Stonecutter's Road.

It's a breezy, cloudy afternoon. There is some traffic on the road -- the old quarries are still put to good use -- and you never find yourself far from the sight of a farm or village. The party stops for an early supper at a market fair, eating roasted pork, vegetable stew, and sweet pink apples.

The party presses on, and as the sun begins to set behind the westward hills, they come to a fork in the road. A signpost pointing down the left fork reads:

SOLYHILL
16 MILES

Two wilted bouquets of wildflowers lay at the base of the signpost.

A few miles later, after night has fallen, the party arrives at a small village with old but finely constructed buildings made of stone and copperwood. The village inn looks warm and inviting, aglow with amber light shining through its windows and pleasant smells of food wafting on the breeze. The shingle hanging by its door displays an axe with a purplish-red, single-bladed head.

On the northeast side of the village, you can see a sturdy-looking octagonal holy house.
Jul 16, 2018 4:33 pm
(To be clear, this is Alband.)
Jul 16, 2018 7:13 pm
"He said he would meet us in the church, did he not?" Domarc asks. "I think I need a drink before that."
load next

Thread locked