Chapter Six: The Muster of Caltlikrath

load previous
Sep 26, 2018 7:46 pm
I think one could argue that real Wisdom is rolling a weird die.
Sep 26, 2018 8:06 pm
LOL I didn’t even catch that! I guess I can roll it again if you want.... ;)

Rolls

How high does this go, anyway? - (1d1000)

(967) = 967

Sep 27, 2018 6:26 pm
Could I get a sense of the dimensions of the room and where everybody is?
Sep 27, 2018 6:56 pm
The room is about 50' wide by 80' long. The ceiling is about 8' high. The priest is down at the south end, along with Domarc, Felor, and Zangua. Mordred was with them but may have scurried off to hide. Leth is hanging back closer to the stairs, at the north end of the room.

Leth, we're keeping your original d30 roll.

Leth feels a strange sensation -- like coins falling from his eyes, or a hood being pulled from his head. The priest stands before him, tall and resplendent in finely made yet humble robes, an emissary of the very gods -- and there are two of Leth's own arrows jutting from his torso.

What have I done, Leth thinks, his throat tightening, tears welling in his eyes. What have I DONE??

And there in front of him stand his...friends? Or are they? How long and how well does he truly know them, anyway? There's Zangua with his cruel glaive held ready to strike at the priest again...Mordred, skulking in the shadows, preparing to knife the holy man in the back...Felor mumbling entreaties that will surely go unheard by his cold and distant Jermal idols...silver-tongued Domarc who suspiciously left a life of comfort and profit to join them...how is it that they all ended up here, trying to murder an old priest in the basement of his own holy house?

For the first time, Leth feels the presence of a dark hand guiding them, using them as tools to serve its own purposes. No more, he thinks. No more. This madness ends now.

Domarc, Felor, Mordred, and Zangua, you can take actions now.
Sep 27, 2018 7:28 pm
Zangua curses. Perhaps he needs to take better care of his equipment, or something about this Aeron is just too tough for his glaive to cut through. Still, he presses into the monstrosity, batting his weapon into the gaze of the creature to try and distract it.
OOC:
Taking the Help action to grant advantage on the next person's attack
Sep 27, 2018 8:11 pm
Seeing Zangua distract the beast, Felor aims for an opening in its defences and jabs his spear with all the strength he can muster.

(edit: first attack roll didn't save for some reason)
Last edited September 27, 2018 8:13 pm

Rolls

Spear attack (Advantage) - (1d20+7)

(6) + 7 = 13

Spear damage (Piercing) - (1d6+4)

(1) + 4 = 5

Spear attack - (1d20+7)

(6) + 7 = 13

Sep 28, 2018 3:11 pm
Not liking where this is going at all, Domarc will drink his potion of fire breath, and spew forth fire at the creature.
OOC:
I believe he has to make a Dex save for half damage, and I get three chances to exhale fire at him.

Rolls

Fire breath potion - (4d6)

(2315) = 11

Oct 2, 2018 10:00 pm
thedandyman sent a note to BullOctorok
Oct 3, 2018 4:24 pm
BullOctorok sent a note to thedandyman
Combat updates later today!
Oct 4, 2018 10:08 pm
While Felor lunges ineffectually with his spear, Domarc guzzles down a potion of fire breath. He feels a tingling numbness in his mouth and throat, and a hot, roiling sensation in his stomach.

Edit: Domarc takes a deep breath, steps forward, and spews a billowing cloud of flame at the monstrous priest, who lets out a cry and recoils from the flame,

Mordred, you're up.

Rolls

Aeron DEX save - (1d20+9)

Oct 5, 2018 3:43 pm
OK, not gonna lie, was hoping for a better chance on DEX saves since he's also a +7 on WIS. But he doesn't seem to like fire.
Last edited October 5, 2018 3:45 pm
Oct 5, 2018 5:03 pm
In that case...

Mordred reaches for his pack and finds a rolled-up scrap of paper just where he positioned it earlier. He reads the eldritch runes thereon and a familiar feeling courses through him. It's magic he knows, but coming from a different source.
Quote:
Scroll of Burning Hands

Flames shoot from your fingers in a 15-foot cone. Any creature in range must pass a Dexterity save or take 3d6 fire damage. They take half as much on a success.

Flammable objects are also ignited if they are in range and aren't worn or carried.
Oct 10, 2018 6:12 pm
Gonna fudge the order a little so combat goes party/Aeron/party/etc. Easier that way.

The scroll turns to ash in Mordred's hand as he reads the words, conjuring jets of flame that dart through the air toward the towering figure of the priest.

Aeron curls his body and dances away from the flames with a strange acrobatic gracefulness, then swivels his head owl-like toward Leth again.

BullOctorok sent a note to thedandyman
Leth, please make a WIS saving throw.

The priest opens his hand and extends it to grasp at Felor.

Edit: A cold, rigid hand settles on Felor's shoulder like an iron claw.

Felor, make a STR saving throw.

Rolls

Aeron DEX save - (1d20+9)

Aeron attack vs Felor - (1d20+9)

(14) + 9 = 23

Oct 10, 2018 7:53 pm
Felor gasps and clenches his teeth as the phantasmal force grips his shoulder...

Rolls

Strength save - (1d20+3)

(1) + 3 = 4

Oct 10, 2018 10:06 pm
This is not going well at all
Oct 12, 2018 2:24 am
Leth turns to the resplendent priest, eager to please him. Still, something nags at the back of his mind....
Last edited October 12, 2018 2:25 am

Rolls

Wisdom saving throw - (1d20+3)

(7) + 3 = 10

Oct 15, 2018 10:31 pm
Felor, the priest has a preternaturally firm hold on your shoulder. You need to break free with a STR saving throw to move away, attack, or cast a spell with a somatic component.

Leth runs up to the priest, turns, and stands before him facing outward, bow held in front of him with both hands, like a quarterstaff. He says nothing, but the meaning of this action seems to say clearly that no-one will harm the priest without going through Leth first.

Domarc, Mordred, and Zangua, you can take your actions. Felor, make a STR saving throw.
load next

Thread locked