Adventure Thread - Atarin's Delve

load previous
Jul 24, 2015 8:31 pm
Still unable to see enough to attack, Herja heals Esteber again.
OOC: Trading in 2 SP for DEF +8
Last edited July 24, 2015 8:35 pm

Rolls

Healing Touch Esteber TSC (8) + SM (1) + Caregiver 1 = 10 - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Jul 24, 2015 11:42 pm
Esteber's blade sticks into the thigh of the lakeman before him, it makes a slobbery squonk but stands.
+1 SP to Esteber
Jul 24, 2015 11:48 pm
ROUND 5

11 Alden (HP: 14/14) (DEF: 4)
11 Lake-Men (4) (HP: DEAD, 1%, DEAD,33%) (DEF 12)
10 Bart (HP:23/24) (DEF: 13)SP:1
08 Esteber (HP: 15/22) (DEF: 14) SP:1
04 Herja (HP: 16/20) (DEF: 12+8=20) SP:1

Conditional Modifiers:
Esteber has the torch.
Herja is practically blind (-4 to sight based actions) (Round 4 of 4)
Herja, Bart and Esteber are in melee
Jul 25, 2015 12:48 pm
Alden shoots the same monster agian (the one with the 1% life is the same one that was attacking the lord, right?)

Rolls

Attack 14 - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Defense 12 - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Jul 25, 2015 2:42 pm
Alden puts an arrow in the head of the lakeman to the rear. Killing it. +1 SP to Alden.

With the death of his last comrade, the final lake-man pauses in fear. He looks down to the ground, where the water from Herja's burst waterskin lay in puddles on the floor. The fish man steps into a puddle and falls into it, as if it were a deep pool. In an instant, he is gone...

VICTORY
76 xp each (4 enemies defeated, area explored)
All SP lost
No Breather (just yet)

Your victory is short lived as Lord Delmar steps forward. "Now, can we please leave this place? That one that escaped will alert others. They can appear in any amount of water in an instant. Your charge is dead. I saw him die at those creatures hands"

Lena, the young woman interrupts "No you didn't"

At that moment the older woman slaps her "Silence child, Lord Miles is right. He's dead"
Jul 25, 2015 3:57 pm
As the Lake man disappears, Bart stows his short sword and drops to his knees, where he picks up Gertrude amd holds the great sword close to his chest."I'm sorry precious... You did good back there, he mutters to the blade. "

After Lord Delmar speaks,

"What did you see Lena? And please, my lord, if you're in such a hot hurry the entrance is that way" Bart says gesturing with his thumb over his shoulder.
Last edited July 25, 2015 4:00 pm
Jul 25, 2015 4:39 pm
The girl looks like she wants to speak but holds her tongue as the older women eyes her narrowly.

"300 gold to leave now!" Lord Delmar sputters. "When you've seen us safely to my estate you can return here if you wish"
Jul 25, 2015 6:46 pm
Actually, I will have to agree with Lord Miles on this one; we should leave before more of them arrive, but we will definitely talk about the events that transpired here on the way. Also, I highly suggest that until we leave this place, or are far out of sight from the lake, none of use take our waterskins out of our backpacks. Now let's go... Herja, are you alright?
Last edited July 25, 2015 6:47 pm
Jul 26, 2015 1:49 am
(Herja's vision has returned to her)
Jul 26, 2015 4:18 pm
"Very well... You're lucky that I like gold and that my companion here has a soft spot for your - - entourage - -. Anyway, let's go"
With that Bart turns and starts toward the entrance.
Jul 26, 2015 8:07 pm
Alden, you might have a point with the masks, but the problem is that the only ones we founds are on dead bodies, and obviously, we cannot use water to clean them... at least not while we're still in here. So feel free to grab the masks on our way out if you want too, but personally, I'd rather not play with dead bodies, especially if we have no way of cleaning ourselves afterward...
Jul 26, 2015 8:16 pm
"I won't be the one saying not to leave this cursed place"

"I think I'll pick those masks up. I don't mind getting my backpack dirty, remember I'm already carrying some lizard heads and pelts anyway." *picks them and wraps them in some cloth before putting them inside his bag.
Jul 26, 2015 9:49 pm
Alden picks removes two masks from the dead cultists. One of the mask wearers appeared to be an older man, the other a younger one.

As the group prepares to leave the way it came, Lord Delmar speaks "Ahem... there is a more direct route the other direction. It leads to a staircase onto the old Apperson estate and is not as treacherous."
Jul 26, 2015 10:53 pm
You mean the old ruined manor on top of the cliff? How come we never found an access when we were there? Oh well, we didn't really searched or anything, I guess... Very well, lead the way.
Jul 27, 2015 2:20 am
"Hardly, You...Bartholemew? That way." Lord Delmar says as he points over to the natural stone ramp to the southwest.
Jul 27, 2015 4:47 am
Herja follows the rest of he group, hardly able to respond to Esteber's question if she is alright. Her vision has returned but her eyes still sting. It's just as well that they think the tears streaming down her face are because of the poison. In truth they are tears of anger at herself. How could she have been so useless a warrior in the battle against the lake-men? In fact, it had been her fault the lake-men had showed up a all! Clearly, the group sees her as a healer now, though there wasn't a word of thanks for that. She is right back where she started back in her tribe: people expect her to be a healer now. Herja had left the tribe to escape having to live up to expectations but now those expectations have caught up with her. She shakes her head angrily and plods on.
Jul 27, 2015 4:04 pm
Lord Delmar Miles points the way up a stone ramp into another cavern. In the torchlight you see a passage north that opens to a small shrine, complete with a statue of the buxom blue lady. To the south is a portion of cut stone wall with a thick, warped dungeon door.

Delmar sways your attention straight to the west where you see a stone stair leading up.

"There it is! Quickly"
Jul 27, 2015 4:58 pm
It's not trapped or anything else to that effect we should know about before we proceed?
Jul 27, 2015 5:23 pm
"No traps. It will terminate at a stone slab, simply move it aside enough to fit out, do not push it off.
Jul 27, 2015 5:41 pm
Bart nods at the new information, then climbs the stairs. When he reaches the slab he'll push aside like Lord Delmar explained.
load next

Thread locked