Adventure Thread - Atarin's Delve

load previous
Jul 27, 2015 7:17 pm
Bart finds himself in the same mausoleum that the group investigated in that old cemetery on the cliff side. He can feel Lord Miles and retinue piling up behind him in their hurry to leave.
Jul 27, 2015 10:21 pm
Of course, obviously, the mausoleum. I should have thought of that earlier... Well at least we know of another way in which won't require scaling a cliff now. Very well, let's continue to Lord Miles' estate. Now Lena, what was it you were saying about Atarin?
Jul 28, 2015 12:06 am
Esteber gets the feeling that if Lord Miles wasn't in such a hurry to get to his estate, he'd silence Lena. She walks a bit slower, permitting her and Esteber to talk.

"I saw him run down a passage to the north east. Two of those fish-men followed him, but we never saw what happened. Delmar is just frightened. He lost two associates in that place."
Jul 28, 2015 12:10 am
I see. Thank you Lena. Lore Miles, once we reach your estate, may I ask you some sheets of paper and ink so I can write down all of your testimonies, so I can make a report to my employer at the Adventurer's Guild? Feel free to deduct the cost of those from my share of the reward if doing so would trouble you too much... Hmm unless any of you guys have some on you. Bart? Alden? Herja?
Jul 28, 2015 1:19 am
"Just keep moving" the older woman says to Esteber as she collects Lena. It appears the conversation is over.
Jul 28, 2015 4:32 pm
"Har! Paper? I'm not exactly the writing stuff down type. Let's hurry up as the lady said so we can get paid, then get back to the caves to find our missing patron."
Jul 28, 2015 5:14 pm
After Bart's comment, Lord Delmar smiles at one of you for the first time.
Jul 29, 2015 3:17 am
You make your way to the main road and Lord Miles guides you towards his estate. (If someone wishes to talk to (or interrogate) anyone do it now!)
Jul 29, 2015 3:34 am
Before, we begin, Lord Miles, is it safe to use water here or should we refrain from it? Also, now that we're safe, I think you won't mind taking the time, you and your two other friends, to tell us what exactly happened down there, and why we found you rearing blue cultist robes...
Jul 29, 2015 7:04 am
"Oh, and where you lost your own masks, we might need them later..." adds to Esteber's questions.
Jul 29, 2015 2:04 pm
"What we do in the caves is our business..I have hired you to return us to my home, which you have done. I will send my butler for your payment. I can assure you we had nothing to do with that archaeologist's death and I daresay that whatever he was doing in the caverns attracted those beasts who seek to only to desecrate that place."

He then turns to Alden..."I am not concerned with any masks, and they provided no help against those lake-men, I'll tell you."

The butler arrives with a small wooden chest. "You may count it if you wish, I assure you it is all there. I am a man of my word."
Jul 29, 2015 4:39 pm
Very well then.

Esteper pockets his share, counting it.

I say we heal up a bit first since we did not have time to catch our breath and head back there. Herja, could you please hea...

Esteber stops mid-sentence when he finally notices how grumpy Herja is.

Hum, Herja, is everything okay?
Jul 29, 2015 5:07 pm
The blue robed people depart for the estate house, Lena looking back at Esteber briefly. As you rest the butler returns with a bottle of wine and some cheeses wrapped in cloth. "My thanks for returning the master safely"
Jul 29, 2015 5:23 pm
"Now that's gratitude! Bart says as he steals a swig of the wine. He takes a seat to catch his breath, and eat a bit of cheese.

After enough time to rest up,
"Alright then team, let's get to it. We don't need those fish people pulling Atarin into some weird watery orgy of death." Bart stands up with Gertrude ready for action on his shoulder.
Jul 29, 2015 8:27 pm
Save some for me. I,m not particularly thirsty or hungry right now, I'll partake in some wine and cheese later...
Jul 29, 2015 10:41 pm
"I-I'm alright, Esteber...thank you." Uncharacteristically, Herja seems more thoughtful than grumpy. She sees to her companions' wounds.
Jul 29, 2015 10:57 pm
Okay, if you say so.

After she's done tending to their wounds.

Thanks. Alright, now that we're in fighting shape, let's head back there.
Jul 30, 2015 10:13 am
The group makes their way back to the old Apperson estate and into the mausoleum. The sarcophagus turned secret stair leads down into the briny, mildewy dark
Jul 30, 2015 1:11 pm
Esteber relights the torch and acts as torch bearer once again.

So, same order as last time? Bart, Herja, Alden, and then me to close the rank? Ready when you are Bart...
Jul 30, 2015 4:46 pm
"Let's do this" Bart leads the group down the mildewy steps.

OOC: From the most recent map, are we entering from the 'left' side of the map?
load next

Thread locked