Adventure Thread - Atarin's Delve

load previous
Sep 2, 2015 11:17 pm
Herja hurries over to the big man and touches his hurt leg, hoping her meager healing talent will be enough.

Rolls

Healing Touch Bart: TSC (8) + SM (1) + Caregiver (1) = CTN (10) - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Sep 3, 2015 12:13 am
The healing magic takes the pain away but one step reveals that it is still injured (-1 MR)
Sep 3, 2015 1:58 am
Bart, Bart, Bart, you're not supposed to grab the crowbar with your teeth... Here, let me have a go...

Esteber will once again sheathe his sword and hand the torch to Alden. He will borrow Bart's crowbar while Herja attempts to heal him and give it a try himself...

(OOC: This must be karma... XD)
Last edited September 3, 2015 1:58 am

Rolls

Esteber's Feat Of Strength check (BOD+ST+Crowbar, CTN 13) - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Sep 3, 2015 3:21 am
The crowbar snaps in Esteber's hands. No longer usable
Sep 3, 2015 4:00 am
This door is obviously cursed. Let's move on...
Sep 3, 2015 5:46 am
Herja gets up from attempting to heal Bart's leg. She looks at the door and gently puts her palm against it.

"Wouldn't it be funny if...nah."
Last edited September 3, 2015 5:47 am

Rolls

Feat Of Strength check (BOD+ST=CTN 11) - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Sep 3, 2015 11:25 am
I will permit follow up attempts at -2 (cumulative) per failed attempt (as in Starslayers).
Sep 3, 2015 1:56 pm
Seeing nothing bad happened to Herja, Esteber thinks the door might not be cursed after all and will attempt to open the door one last time...

Hmm, I guess all those attempts must have loosened it. Thanks guys. Well, hopefully there will be nothing behind, otherwise it's quite aware of our presence now...
Last edited September 3, 2015 1:57 pm

Rolls

Esteber's Feat Of Strength check (BOD+ST-2, CTN 10) - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Sep 3, 2015 2:14 pm
Beyond the door is a natural cavern tunnel, going northwest and southeast. Both appear to open up into larger areas, you're certain the northern path leads back to the expansive cavern where you came across all that grisly carnage (the smell wafts here in the air), the southern passage...who can tell.
Sep 3, 2015 4:02 pm
"Well done Esteber! I, of course, would have had it, but I'm quite sure I tripped on some form of rodent or something... Anyway, shall we try the southern passage?"

Bart starts to limp his way toward the southern passage, careful to remain in the torchlight.
Sep 3, 2015 4:15 pm
As Bart moves down the passage, it opens into a natural cavern that is dimly lit by phosphorescent lichen. The plants cast a blue hue over the room, which features two natural pools and a statue of the Blue Lady (the more fishy version you may recall from the tome and silver statue found earlier). She is holding her hands out and looking down, as if blessing the waters at her feet and her face looks as loving as a catfish maw could appear.

In one of the pools sits a bloody, rotting rear quarters of a donkey, perhaps one of Atarin's pack animals? The other pool appears to hold some sort of globs of gel. That's all you can make out at this distance. Another passage leads out of the Northeast part of the room, presumably linking back up with the large caverns you've explored.
Sep 3, 2015 5:31 pm
Woah there! Careful guys, remember those fish men can come out of any bodies of water, and we have two pools there... I say we go explore north, I believe there is a passageway we haven't checked yet, as for this room... Well, I guess e can always come back and check it if we run out of options...
Sep 3, 2015 6:41 pm
"Those fish-men were pretty annoying... suit yourself, let's see what else we've missed in here"
Sep 3, 2015 7:26 pm
You avoid going near the pools and move to the other tunnel, which empties out back in the first main cavern you came to after opening the bronze doors. This leaves only twopathways in the north to explore, one of which you think empties in a small shrine to the human looking goddess. The other leads to the unknown...

Rolls

Secret - (1d6)

Sep 3, 2015 10:04 pm
I say we head into the unknown. Last I remember, that shrine roomed looked empty, and our employer Atarin did not looked like he was hiding there. Besides, it's not like the room will sprout legs and run away; we can always come back to it...
Sep 3, 2015 10:08 pm
"Unknown it is! We'll probably want a bath after all this dusty dungeoneering later anyway."
Bart moves along with kalajel toward the unknown area.
Sep 3, 2015 11:42 pm
The passage goes for just a couple of meters when it forks into tunnels, one goes down slightly and the other up, for a while they are a part of the same cavern, creating a shelf like appearance.
Sep 4, 2015 7:16 am
"Should we go up first? to be sure no one jumps on our heads from above."
Sep 4, 2015 2:59 pm
I was thinking up as well. Also, while we walk, I think we really need to come up with a plan to deal with those pools of water in the statue room. Those pools effectively means we can get attacked by endless hordes of lakemen, not a prospect I am looking forward too. I was thinking of pouring lantern oil on top and setting it on fire... Any other ideas?
Sep 4, 2015 3:14 pm
"I have some fish-masks here we can try to wear, maybe they fool the fishmen"

OOC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tTHn2tHhcI
load next

Thread locked