Adventure Thread - Atarin's Delve

load previous
Sep 4, 2015 3:38 pm
Lord Miles said those will not work. Not that I exactly trust him, but then again, if they did worked, we would have found them wearing masks. I'm just saying...
Sep 4, 2015 4:52 pm
"Well, the only plan I had was to twirl my lovely Gertrude around like it were the Harvest festival. But your fire idea sounds solid. Let's see where this high road takes us."
Sep 4, 2015 5:07 pm
You travel for only a couple of meters when you come to a hallway leading right, it opens into a small room. In the torchlight you see once fine furniture now moldering scraps. Beyond is an ironbound wooden door in the east wall is locked and covered with fresh claw marks.

The passage you are on also continues north, and you think it widens into a cavern. In fact, you catch the outline of a lakeman's head among the stalagmites.
Sep 4, 2015 9:27 pm
Esteber whispers as he spots the lakeman in the distance.

Hmm, great, more of those fish faces... That iron-bound door might very well be locked or barred and if we attempt to open it, this guy over there might hear us and get a few of his friends to attack us in that small room with no way out... I'm not really happy about this, but I think we need to take care of that guy, and his possible friends before we do anything with that door...
Sep 4, 2015 9:40 pm
"Alden, think you can sneak around while I keep his attention? Gertrude is aching for a dance"
Sep 5, 2015 10:39 am
"Sure, but what's exactly the plan, big man?"
Last edited September 5, 2015 10:39 am
Sep 5, 2015 5:56 pm
"I go say hi, you stab him in the back? Or I just cut his head off" Barth shrugs and looks toward the Lake man in the other room.
Sep 5, 2015 10:26 pm
He hasn't moved, just looking down the hall in your direction....you can't make out much more than a silhouette...
Sep 6, 2015 2:04 am
We don't even know if he's alone in there... Well anyways, he must've noticed the light of the torch by now... Alright, let's go tell him 'hello"...
Sep 6, 2015 3:26 am
The party races in to confront the lakeman

ROUND 1

11 Alden (HP: 14/14) (DEF: 4)
10 Esteber (HP: 22/22) (DEF: 14)
08 Bart (HP:24/24) (DEF: 13)
04 Herja (HP: 20/20) (DEF: 12)
01 Lakeman (HP: 100%) (DEF: 20)

Conditional Modifiers:
Esteber has the torch.
Sep 6, 2015 6:46 am
"Well I'm not of the stabby kind anyway. I'm more of the shooting from the hell away kind of scout..." Says Alden while shooting at the fisshman.

Rolls

Attack 16 - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Def 20 - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Sep 6, 2015 11:20 am
The arrow bounces off of the lakeman, who is unmoved by the attack....
Sep 6, 2015 3:02 pm
Careful everyone, this one looks tough!

Rolls

Esteber's attack (MAT 14) - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Lakeman's DEF (DEF 20) - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Sep 6, 2015 4:49 pm
Bart dashes up the the lakeman alongside Esteber, drawing Gertrude as he does. He brings the mighty blade around towards the lakeman's neck.

Rolls

MAT 17+weapon paste=18 - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Defence =20-4(2h sword) - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Sep 6, 2015 7:27 pm
Bart hears the clang of Gertrude striking stone. His sword strike was strong enough to crack the statue and the head topples off. As Esteber and the others follow behind him with the torch, all can see that there are at least 6 realistic statues of lakemen in this natural cavern, all in different poses. A bucket of water sits near some scrub brushes and fine tools at the center of the room. There is an empty space, free of stalagmites next to them.

Someone has made a wooden plank walkway - probably Atarin and his crew. Archaeological tools, brushes, bins of stone and sand are scattered along the wooden walkway that leads to another chamber that looks more recently excavated.
Sep 6, 2015 10:12 pm
Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle! We were fighting darn statues all along... Okay, do you guys want to check out this room or go back to the room with the iron-bound door? Also, perhaps we should get rid of this bucket of water before more lakemen pop out of it...
Sep 7, 2015 7:19 am
Alden kicks the water bucket so no more lakemen appear. "I'm sure we'll all laugh about it when we are safe near a fireplace with a beer in our hands and some stew in our bellies."

Alden looks around to try to find Altarin and his people's footsteps (I think the hunter talent applies?).

Rolls

Search roll 12 - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Sep 8, 2015 12:32 am
No tracks in this area. As the water trickles off the wooden planks and onto the cavern floor, it collects in small pools.
Sep 8, 2015 2:39 am
Hum... I'm not sure this will solve our problem Alden.

Estebers readies himself, fully expecting lakemen to jump out of the puddle...
Sep 8, 2015 3:26 am
"Looks like this is where our patron was working.. Hopefully we won't find his corpse in the next chamber...What is it Esteber? Oh, the puddles, aye we should be ready for company."

Bart draws Gertrude and advances along the planks toward the next chamber.
load next

Thread locked